Inside The NFL Forums

Wednesday 9:00 PM on ShowtimeIn Season

Inside the NFL cancelled after 31 seasons

Curb71

[1]Feb 9, 2008
    • level: 5
    Anyone else hear this has been cancelled? Its been airing since 1977 and the last episode they said was the last episode.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Myron4

[2]Feb 9, 2008
    • level: 7
    Yes, so NFL Films is going to shop the show around but it doesn't sound like Costas/Collinsworth/Marino/Carter are going to remain as hosts. Everything NFL has been getting ridiculously expensive over the past few years so I wonder if HBO didn't want to pay whatever new price...

Hopefully the highlights will now be available to a wider audience in HD (as they were early in the day on CBS & FOX during the final 2 weeks of the Playoffs), without the recording restrictions that HBO places on their channels. I wouldn't mind commercial interruption as I timeshift everything I watch regardless, but it will suck if large logos & non-related program ads are put over the highlights as with NFL Game Of The Week on ION network.

mrn71

[3]Feb 16, 2008
    • level: 55
    Inside the NFL is/was the longest running show on cable so its certainly sad that it will no longer be on HBO. But since it's a NFL-owned show, they probably will find another place for it. I just hope it's not on The NFL Network - there's definitely no reason for another clip show on there. I'm thinking somewhere on basic cable but hopefully one without commercials. I would prefer the cast stay too, but probably that will be decided by whoever gets the show.

dude6363

[4]Mar 13, 2008
    • level: 60
    I definitly hope this gets a new home, football would never be the same.

nixoncreative

[5]Jun 19, 2008
    • level: 3
    It's going to be on Showtime:

http://www.sho.com/site/announcements/20080606nfl.do

captaintombatch

[6]Oct 29, 2008
    • level: 32
    Even after id did get a new show, it's still not the same as it was when it was on HBO. It wasn't even that good when Bob Costas came on. He knows "nothing" about football, and now here he is doing so many football shows, for both NBC and HBO. Insane! Len and Nick were getting old and I guess they want to retire from TV also.