Instant Star Forums

CTV (ended 2008)

Alexz's Debut Album... What do you think of the songs she put up?

Jesusfreak1098

[1]Jul 14, 2008
    • level: 10

...On her myspace. I think they are 100000000000% different from instant star songs and even the ones she wrote for instant star. She doesn't seem to try to be mainstream lke Jude. Its very rhythmic. Remember the episode where she overproduced the songs and had kettle drums in almost evry song. I think that there are kettle drums in all of these songs. Sounds a little african and I have to admit I didn't like any of them the first time around BUT they have grown on me and i can't get them out of my head.

Whats you opinion. This is my order:

1) Chicago

2) Golden- the closest it gets to instant star. Its a piano ballad.

3) Swallowed

4) Running With the Devil

5) Easy

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

kateyz

[2]Jul 15, 2008
    • level: 12
    I agree, they are completely different from the IS stuff and I also didn't like them very much when I first heard them. They are just that kinda song you have to get used to first and then you love 'em.

The only thing that bugs me a little is that sometimes it seems to be too much, a little like Jude put all those tracks on "I just wanted your love". Sometimes it would have been better to have less instrument tracks IMO. And Chicago and Running With the Devil do have a little too much lyrics. I dunno how to explain it, but there's just so much text. And that's one thing I always adored about the IS songs, that there wasn't a lot of lyrics, but you still got the whole message of what the song was trying to say and all the emotions that went with it.
    But overall, Alexz's ew songs are really awesome!

sellie12

[3]Jul 16, 2008
    • level: 18
    Well Alexz never wrote her IS songs, but she writes own songs that will appear on the album right? If so i think that's why no one likes them, they're written by her and not the producers of IS.

piranhapete

[4]Jul 16, 2008
    • level: 11
    I am absolutely in LOVE with these songs. Unfortunately, I wasn't all THAT crazy about Easy and Golden for some reason. As other people said, you really have to listen to the songs a few times to get all of the passion and hard work Alexz and her bro put into the songs in order to truly enjoy and appreciate them, but once you're there, it's not hard to see how truly AMAZING these songs are! I absolutely adore Running with the Devil and Chicago.

Jesusfreak1098

[5]Jul 17, 2008
    • level: 10

sellie12 wrote:
    Well Alexz never wrote her IS songs, but she writes own songs that will appear on the album right? If so i think that's why no one likes them, they're written by her and not the producers of IS.
    She wrote skin, criminal, 24 hours, That Girl, and I Just Wanted Your Love. 3 of wich are on the greatest hits album. And she wrote every song on her album, which is lyrical genius. So before you go bashing her, look up your information before making your self look like an idiot.

and btw, nobody on this forum has said they don't like them....

Edited on 07/17/2008 6:20pm

onceinabluemoon

[6]Jul 18, 2008
    • level: 23
    Jesusfreak1098 wrote:

sellie12 wrote:
    She wrote skin, criminal, 24 hours, That Girl, and I Just Wanted Your Love. 3 of wich are on the greatest hits album. And she wrote every song on her album, which is lyrical genius. So before you go bashing her, look up your information before making your self look like an idiot.

Ooh...harsh. Dang, you could be a little nicer. Maybe?

Anyways, I haven't heard her album yet, but I'm trying to get ahold of it because I LOVE Alexz Johnson's voice, so I'm sure that her songs will be phenomenal. It's a given that Alexz wasn't going to take the same path as Jude did with her music. Alexz is different than Jude, and it's part of the reason she wanted to break away from Instant Star and launch her own career, instead of playing Jude and producing songs that weren't really her. But I can't wait to hear her songs and the direction she's going. It'll rock.

onceinabluemoon

[7]Jul 18, 2008
    • level: 23
    Haha, nevermind. I've heard Swallowed and Chicago. AMAZING, and EXTREMELY different approach. But I'm about it download her songs on my iPod, so yay.

sellie12

[8]Jul 19, 2008
    • level: 18
    Jesusfreak1098 wrote:

sellie12 wrote:

Oh im the idiot you didn't let me explain my post smart one. WHat i meant is she never wrote most of her songs on IS because if you look in the credits at the end all the songs that she sung on the show were written by other people. BTW i love her music and never said i hated it, they said they didn't like how they were different from the them. SO before you bash me wait for me to explain myself

animeluvrrr

[9]Jul 20, 2008
    • level: 3
    I think as Instant Star fans, it is a little difficult transitioning to Alexz's music and not Jude's. Although, Alexz co-wrote and wrote some Instant Star songs, she wrote for Jude not necesarily for Alexz. But, her unique and amazing voice makes any song likable!
    I am a huge fan of the songs she has put out and I'm extremly opptimistic and looking forward to her CD!!!

gweasley

[10]Jul 31, 2008
    • level: 14
    Don't bite my head off but I don't like the songs that are going on her album. They are just not my type of music.

oz_island

[11]Aug 3, 2008
    • level: 12
    I honestly love the songs on her myspace page...at least as much as her stuff from Instant Star...I'm really curious to see where her career goes after Instant Star...will she be more of a musician or more of an actor? I think she'll succeed either way she chooses.