Instant Star

I Fought the Law

Aired Sunday 7:00 PM Aug 01, 2006 on CTV

• Jude meets Patsy

"I Fought the Law" is an excellent episode that sets the tone for the rest of the season. It was quite noticeable in the two-part opener that Instant Star has a darker look to it and "I Fought the Law" makes the show look awesome. Kudos to the director of photography. It's also a well-written and well-acted episode. Alexz Johnson plays Jude as a confused young girl who feels like she needs to rebel and Tyler Kyte is quickly proving himself worthy of his character's larger role. Zoie Palmer, or Patsy, comes off a little one-dimensional but that's more the writer's fault than hers. Also, Kristopher Turner does great with his new Jamie-is-a-jerk thing. (By the way, why did Liam fire Jamie from being Speiderman's manager only to give him a job at G Major?) All the characters are set into motion for their arcs this season and Kat even gets to come back. Now if we could only get rid of Patsy....
  • Jude is getting into lots of trouble in this episode. She feels the need to redeem herself by getting drunk and acting like a real Rock Star.

This is Jude always to trying to prove people wrong. She wanted to be a bad girl with Patsy and got into serious trouble.At the end she shows guts by going on at a concert when noone wants her there. Jamie especially didn\'t think she could pull this off and as usual she had to prove him wrong. This episode was good but not the greatest
  • Jude loses her voice but she finds it again when she meets Patsy, Kat is back, Jamie is the new A&R and another Jude Tommy moment at the end. GREAT EPISODE!!!

"I Fought The Law" is an example of what all Instant Star episodes should be. Jude is not getting everything easy like she was in Season 1. Plus, Jude, Kat and Jamie are all growing up. And Jude has a crush on Spiderman!!!! OMG! Spiderman is hot! I can't not wait to Miss World!