Instant Star

London Calling

Aired Sunday 7:00 PM Aug 31, 2008 on CTV

6.3
  • Am I the only person in the world that thought this was a fabulous series finale?

Everybody I know that watches Instant Star was completely upset with how it ended, complaining that she should have been with Tommy, they should have tied up the loose ends, yada yada yada.

I thought it was fantastic.

Let's be honest, even though Jude and Tommy got engaged, there still would have been problems. They would have been happy for a little while and then gotten in a fight and wanted to get divorced. That's just how their relationship is. And yes, I was a Tommy-not-Jamie supporter, but honestly, it wouldn't have worked. Kudos to Jude for figuring that out. It was comforting to know that after all that Jude went through, going out with that one random guy back in Season 1, Jamie, Speed, Tommy, Milo-if-we-want-to-count-him, etc., she didn't have to choose someone. She could be independent and really take on her music without all that drama.

Oh, by the way, let me just say how much I adore the final song of the show, "The Music." I think the song really epitomizes what the show was about, that no matter what's going on in life, Jude (and the rest of us, for that matter) will be ok as long as she has her (our) music. I can hardly wait for the soundtrack to come out so I can have the song on my iPod.

And finally, all those loose ends, like Karma and Speed being evicted, Kwest quitting, and Darius taking on World Instant Star and by the way Sadie (let me just say that is SO creepy)? I thought it was kind of nice. When shows end with everything tied up perfectly, it is so cheesy and so unrealistic. Like everything comes together at exactly the same time. Right. The point, to me, was that no matter what happens -- Jude can go to London and ditch Tommy, whatever -- all the G Major drama is still going to happen. It just is. Which is the truth in life as well, just not with...well, G Major.

I loved it. That's really all there is to say.