Instant Star

Lose Yourself

Aired Sunday 7:00 PM Jun 26, 2007 on CTV

• Jude's life is changing... this time for the best. Her CD is sky rocketing and she's become a real star, until the new Instant Star Karma comes in and changes everything... for the worst.

This episode was an excellent season premiere. It was so dramatic. It was very well written. The writers are very talented. It was such a great episode, and the songs were good too. It was just so amazing. I loved the whole blackmail storyline. Karma and Jude battling against each other is just so fun to watch. This episode is definitely Instant Star at its best. This episode is a series classic. It was very above average. It was exciting and I was on the edge of my seat while watching this. It was yet another great installment to this amazing series.
  • A stellar beginning to a stellar show!

Instant Star has never failed to instantly draw you in and capture your undivided attention and the season three premiere has lived up to it. Jude is striving to cement the fact in everyone minds that she's no longer an instant star, just simply a star, and it is evident when she takes the stage and sings the beautiful song "Should I Stay". What else could make the premiere more exciting than the appearance of Tommy with the child from Season 2? And without a word spar between our favorite team Tommy and Jude. This one is guaranteed to be the best yet.
  • And here comes the new Jude.

I like the new Jude. I think it's good that she's not trying so hard to impress everyone around her. I hate this Karma girl. She's so effin annoying and she's a total itch. I don't really see how the drunk photos were even a big deal. It's not like she was exposed until that stupid itch Karma made her boob show in the end. Geeze! I could so go into the television screen and smack her. I really love the new song. Overall the episode was very well written and the fighting scenes were exciting. There was good drama and I can't wait until the next episode.
  • The series returns with the 'new Jude'. Trying her hardest to distance herself from 'Instant Star' and do some growing up might not prove as easy as Jude first assumes. With the newest Instant star winner 'Karma' in the mix Jude faces an up hill battle.

What a series premiere!!! Waiting so long for 'Instant Star' to return the show's premiere didn't disappoint. The focus on Jude started to grow up as a musician and a person is genius. This season's love-to-hate character 'Karma' is sure to get viewers fired up and yelling at the T.V screen. To some viewers dislike there wasn't much focus on Tommy's return, but upcomming episodes should shed more light on where Tommy and Jude stand.

Introducing more of Patsy to the show looks to be a good thing, adding a new spin on the show.

I recommend watching this episode if you haven't already done so.
  • In the season premiere, Jude's new CD is doing well and the blackmailing incident she's in gets worked out. Things are going well until Karma wins Instant Star and becomes Jude's best frenemy.

I absolutely loved this episode! I usually don't watch The-N that much and I have been trying to more lately, and this episode was just classic. I like Alexz Johnson a lot and she did well in this episode. I think Jude posting the blackmail pictures of her on her website was pretty smart, if you think about it. I love Karma! She adds so much glitz to the show, and she throws in a lot of excitement in Jude's life. Karma is devious and that's what makes her character so fun. Watching the war between Karma and Jude throughout this season will be enjoyable. All in all, I found this episode really good and I am looking foreward to the rest of Season 3 of Instant Star.
  • Jude and Karma! Let the catfight begin!

This was an amazing episode and sets the tone for another amazing season. This episode kept my interest the whole time and the hour flew by. Karma is now the new character everyone loves to hate and it will definitely be interesting to see her and Jude battle it out this season. This whole episode was fun to watch and the new songs "I don't know if I should stay" and "let me be the flame" are amazing. They are both still stuck in my head. The episode was also very well written. I laughed at the part where Jude was talking to Sadie about dignity and Sadie thought she was referring to her right boob and asked her what she calls lefty. Overall, an amazing episode. Looking forward to the rest of the season!

This episode was an excellent season premiere. It was so dramatic. It was very well written. The writers are very talented. It was such a great episode, and the songs were good too. It was just so amazing. I loved the whole blackmail storyline. Karma and Jude battling against each other is just so fun to watch. This episode is definately Instant Star at its best. This episode is a series classic. It was very above average. It was exciting and I was on the edge of my seat while watching this. It was yet another great installment to this amazing series.
  • A new Instant Star is named

What a GREAT Season opener! (Degrassi TNG ought to take notes on this one!) We see a more mature, self-assured Jude emerge. She is haunted by her past mistakes (getting drunk), and does the right thing by posting the pics on her website, instead of letting some guy exploit her for money. A new Instant Star is named, and she becomes Jude's arch enemy. She sings Jude's songs, and makes herself out to be a pure, good-girl. She insinuates that Jude has had sex and has problems with alcohol. The ending will surprise you. This promises to be an exciting season!