Instant Star

Miss World

Aired Sunday 7:00 PM Aug 08, 2006 on CTV

• A Rock~n~Roll has been at the age of 16? Not Jude Harrison.

Jude Harrison's cushy career as a rock star diva is crumbling to pieces, kind of like her parent's marriage.

In Miss World, Jude is faced with suspension from G-Major and if she wants to continue recording her album, she needs to find some major cash, and fast. Jude decides to make a bootleg song and freelance the song on the internet; she pitches the idea to Darius and he loves it and lends her Tommy.

On top of facing losing her place at G-Major studios, Jude is caught in the middle between a particularly nasty divorce and has no place to work on making music, leading to her finding her own place and signing her account over to her mother. Jude doesn't let anything hold her back; if anything she comes out on top and has boosted her credibility as an artist with her new bootleg. *This is a particularly depressing episode because there are only two episodes left until Jude loses all faith in Tommy, creating a major tension between the two, leading to the fall apart of their professional and personal relationship.
  • Jude's parents are finalizing their divorce, and Jude is stuck in the middle as they are fighting over her trust fund. Jude also finds out that G Major doesn't want her to record for the next 4-5 months. So if she does wanna come back, its gonna cost her

I loved this episode. There were plenty of cute Tommy & Jude moments. When they are in the studio, Tommy's holding Jude upside down while she sings. Sounds weird, but is totally cute! Also, a small screaming session, which I'm sure all of us would love to have every now & then. Liam is a TOTAL party pooper and ruins all the fun, no matter how good the scene is. Unfortunately, Sadie is left out on all the fun with Tommy and Jude, but really, whoever thought that Tommy and Sadie would work out anyway? I certainly didn't. I don't know why the writers bothered to put it in. Anyway, love this episode, its totally cute, although sometimes there is a lot of "I can't believe they did that!" on Jude's part.
  • Jude is banned from G Major

6.9
    "Miss World" is not my favorite episode of Instant Star. Not even close. All of the characters are, well out of character. Jude comes of a little self-absorbed, especially after she betrays her dad just to get the rehearsal space. And I understand the want to party, but the party did come off as kinda...I don't know..wrong somehow. She'd just stabbed her dad in the back, giving him an obviously insincere "sorry", and now she's partying? And why bother putting Kat in here at all? What did she do? And as cute as it was Jude and Tommy's "process" was kinda stupid and made you wonder how they get anything done. Let's not even get into the whole Jamie and Patsy thing which comes out of nowhere. As a matter of fact, the only one acting like themselves is Liam. And he's the newest character! But then again I guess it isn't that hard to write a "villian". Only, for some reason, I found myself liking Liam more and Jude less.
  • So basically, its about Jude and her being on hiatus from the studio for four months, because of her somewhat...lets say, "Vocal strain" in "I Fought The Law".

I think Jude was extremely cute with her little "Tommy Time". It totally blows that she will be out of the studio, but as long as she has that little apartment thing, and we get new music[WHICH SHOULD GET BETTER, RIGHT?] then its all good, and I still will love Instant Star. I think we need a little bit more interesting eps, too.
  • Jude Harrison is let off for 4 months so she strikes out on her own!

This episode was very special!!! Loved the Jude and Tommy moments. It\'s so sad what happened to her parents but Dad did tour the tour guide! \'Not Standing Around\' wasn\'t the best song just like \'Over-Rated\' was in the last episode and The Whole Jamie/Patsy thing WHOA! it was shocking but it was cool. And Jude is out on her own. Cool!