Instant Star

My Hometown

Aired Sunday 7:00 PM Jul 13, 2008 on CTV

• Jude unexpectedly follows Tommy to New Brunswick and things go wrong all too fast.

I liked the episode. It was good. I don't think it is the perfect Instant Star episode though, like previous episode "We Belong". I loved how Jude tried so hard to be able to live without Tommy for "5 weeks, 3 days". It showed that she was trying to follow Sadie's advice, by letting him handle it on his own. I was very upset with Tommy for not wanting Jude to be there though. Yes, I understand that he may have been embarassed of where he came from or he didn't want Jude to see him in that environment, but she loves him. She wasn't going to judge him, all she wanted to do was help. It really showed how much Jude cared when she was making nice with Tommy's family and old friends. It was nice how she reacted with his mom, trying to make things better than Tommy was. As for the breakup, I feel as if it was both of their faults. In a way it was her fault for following him after he said he didn't want her there. It was also his fault for feeling that he was unworthy of her, giving up so easily. After seeing this episode, I have began to believe that Tommy has some self-esteem issues, and I believe it is because of his mother.