Instant Star

Start Me Up

Aired Sunday 7:00 PM Jul 15, 2007 on CTV

• Jude has to deal with the aftermath of her breast being shown to the public.

This episode was very entertaining. I enjoyed watching it. I was amazed with this episode. Jude and Karma were very good in this episode. I loved Patsy in this episode as well. She begins to drink too much alcohol and things begin to spiral out of control. Jude and Tommy decide to finally become partners. It is about time. Alexz Johnson's voice is just so beautiful and she is very talented. Her songs are amazing and her vocals are probably the best I have ever heard. This episode is definitely above average. This episode was very well written. The writers did it again!
  • Jude finds out that Tommy will be producing Karma and that the new Instant Star will be doing a cover of her song! Worried that she'll lose Tommy she makes a deal with the devil.

After mending their strained relationship Tommy and Jude again a dynamic duo on the screen. In this episode you can see things are subtlely heating up between them. They may not be speaking the words from their mouth but their body language is saying it all. From the scene in the kitchen with the coffee when Tommy leans in as if about to kiss her to when he spins her around to him at the studio their romantic chemistry is shooting off sparks!

This episode set the perfect stage for a possible Jude and Tommy pairing in the future.
  • It's the aftermath of the Boobie exposure...

So Jude's been exposed. Oh how I hate thee itch of an itch Karma. She definitely needs to go to hell and maybe I should be the one to push her off the edge of that cliff. The episode was very interesting although I disliked the way Tommy was treating Jude. Isn't he supposed to be on her side not that itch Karma. Ugh! Karma's a S-L-U-T! Anyway, I think the season is progressing fairly well and it has definitely kept me interested to see where Jude will be going now that she's got a brat trying to take her spot.
  • Jude has to deal with the fact that people all around the world have seen her boob...And the fact that Tommy is producing the devil,Karma.

This episode was great! Both hilarious and very serious. Jude grows up a little more,with the fact that she decides she wants to co-produce her own music. I also think this helped a little in the development of a possible Jude/Tommy relationship.It also developed some future story lines. My favorite part had to have been when the boys of SME were making fun of Jude about her "nip-slip". I also liked the fact that Jude and Tommy are now partners. This episode made me evenmore excited for the rest of the season!!!! I'll just say that this episode is th best so far (out of the first THREE episodes).
  • Did a great job of planting the seeds for future storylines.

After coming on strong with the first two episodes of season three, the writers gave the viewers a bit of a breather episode with "Start Me Up".

Jude is dealing with the fallout of her, well fallout. I still think it's kind of strange that no one has yet to mention the fact that Karma basically ripped Jude's shirt down, everyone's making it sound like she pulled a ditzy Tara Reid move. The "Boobgate" storyline is kind of dumb, and hopefully this is one of the last episodes that has it near the center of its focus. I realize this is very much a young teen show, but when you it on after a show like Degrassi, which is also a teen show, and it features stuff like rape and STDs, having Jude pull an inadvertent "Manny" and making a big deal out of a few pics of her dressed up as a fully clothed boxer really makes the show seem juvenile.

Meanwhile Tommy is trying to grow as a producer by producing Karma's record, but he sends mixed signals to Jude who misinterprets his desires believing that he wants to work with Jude again . Compared to other "Jommy" fights, this is pretty tame and their situation is straightened out less than 10 minutes later when they agree to be co-producers on her third album.

But the most intriguing storyline arc involves Patsy, as apparently she has a drinking problem. With death rumors surrounding the show, and Ms. Palmer still listed as a guest star, I guess we can all see where this will be going.

Overall, not the strongest episode of Instant Star, although still much better than any episode involving Shay. But it finally feels as if the show is building up to a greater purpose, whereas in the past two seasons storylines scarely carried over from episode to episode. This was a transition episodes that planted the story seeds that should carry the show to its mid-season climax in episode 7. Fortunately, it was an effective effort.
  • Jude has to deal with the aftermath of her breast being shown to the public.

This episode was very entertaining. I enjoyed watching it. I was amazed with this episode. Jude and Karma were very good in this episode. I loved Patsy in this episode as well. She begins to drink too much alcohol and things begin to spiral out of control. Jude and Tommy decide to finally become partners. It is about time. Alexz Johnson's voice is just so beautiful and she is very talented. Her songs are amazing and her vocals are probably the best I have ever heard. This episode is definately above average. This episode was very well written. The writers did it again!
  • Jude has to deal with the aftermath of her breast falling out and finds out that Tommy is producing for Karma and makes a deal with her.

I can not believe that Jude made a deal with the devil!! (a.k.a. Karma.) I mean, does she really want Tommy that bad? At first he was acting kind of mean to Jude, but then at the end it showed how they became friends again, in a way. I liked this episode. It's showing that Season 3 of Instant Star is, so far, a success. It also shows that Jude REALLY wants Tommy as her producer! I don't know what to expect with her producing with him now, though. A good episode. I enjoyed watching it and I am looking further to more episodes of Instant Star.