Instant Star

Train In Vain

Aired Sunday 7:00 PM Apr 17, 2005 on CTV

• There's the good and the bad...

This episode is not one of my favorite episodes. Well, I guess it wasn't that horrible. There were a few good moments. The beginning and end were definitely the highlights. The big problem I have with this episode is the sudden Tommy and Sadie relationship. I think they sprung that up on us from out of the blue. Well, they did hint at it a little bit from the last episode. However, they didn't make it seem as if Tommy were that into Sadie that he would be making sexual jokes with her. Anyway, that's one of the main problems with this episode. We can see Tommy and Sadie beginning to act on their relationship, and the kiss was painful to watch. Good thing Mr. Harrison broke them up. It's good to see Jude beginning to patch things up with her father. In addition, it was fun to see the "blast from the past" about Tommy and his failed solo album. After Jude fixed his song, "Frozen" up, it sounded amazing. It was very touching and sweet of Jude to go through all that trouble for Tommy. It was sad to see it backfire, but good to see it end up okay in the end. The last scene between Jude and Tommy where Jude is hugging Tommy tightly and saying "Of course I want you...I want you..." was adorable as well. Overall, it's not that bad of an episode, but definitely not the best.