Instant Star

Won't Get Fooled Again

Aired Sunday 7:00 PM Mar 20, 2005 on CTV

• Jude's heart has been broken into a million pieces by Shay, and the whole thing was captured on cameras to boot. Jude and Tommy are on the outs because he kissed her and made her swear not to tell. And then the last man who should hurt her does.

I didn't understand this episode the first time I watched it. I was so wrapped up in the Jude/Tommy romance that I was furious and refused to revel in its genius. The plotline in which Jude discovers her father's betrayal of his family is a key part of Jude's evolution into the more mature artist she is in the second season. She reconnects with her sister and remembers just how sacred family is. For an entire episode, we are privy to Jude's unselfish side that understands how seemingly small actions can have a great impact. Just taking her sister to a photo shoot helps rekindle their fragmented relationship. Furthermore, the scenes between Jude and Tommy are electric in this episode, to such an extent that I almost wish they would fight more. Tommy proves his self-absorption when he assumes he's the only one who could have hurt her so much. Her smooth response of "Not everything's about you" gets me every time. Tommy forgets that he has only been in Jude's life for a mere few months, whereas her father has been her idol for the whole of it. And Alexz's rendition of "Skin" at Under the Mic is stunning and gut-wrenching. I really felt like everything that had happened to Jude had happened to the actress. It was an incredible bit of acting.
  • Jude's heart is broken again. By her dad

Wow. Instant Star is out doing itself with amazing episodes. "Won't Get Fooled Again" touches on something that most peole have gone through: divorce. The whole episode is an emotional roller coaster centered around the Harrisons and for once it's okay that Tommy has nothing to do and that Jamie and Kat just stand around; it's okay because you don't care about them. You care about the fact that Jude's father is making her lie about his affair. And just like the rain scene in "Unsweet Sixteen" the scene where Jude sings "Skin" is amazing. Alexz Johnson makes you feel Jude's pain and the look that Simon Reyonlds (the dad) has is heartwrenching too. It makes you wonder: will it ever be alright for Jude again?
  • jude gets her heart broken and sings a heartbreaking but excellent song.

i love this episode, and the song *skin* its really heartbreaking and jude really grows up in this episode. alexz johnson does and excellent job in this episode , better than all of the other episode(or all that i've seen as nickelodeon in the uk hasnt shown series 2 yet) and its really sad at the end when you see her dad leaving. Jude really has a lot on her plate and in this episode she handles it very well.
  • Perfect Coming-of-age story squeezed into a half hour.

I loved every second of this. "Skin" was about heartbreak and getting over every 'little white lie'. And it made viewers wonder while Jude Harrison, Instant Star, was singing the song, what she would do when she figures out that her best friends are dating. And then there's the last scene when her father moves out for cheating on his wife and the camera closes up on Jude's face and in the backround you hear her voice was just magical. "I don't believe I'll be alright. I don't believe I'll be okay. I don't believe how you've thrown me away."
  • jude is stayin home becuz she had her heart broken by 2 guys in the same night..2 basd she doesn't know her dad is creepin wit yvette

wow. this episode is so emotional. i mean shay broke up wit her and tommy told her 2 forget the kiss they shared at her party. so she decides to stay close to home. she all worried about sadie and her dad constantly fighting. when she found out her dad was cheatin on her mom she was once again heart broken. on top of georgia tells her she has to write a new song for under the mic. jude writes all her emotions on paper making a kick @ss song..once again. SKIN is the best song ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Great episode, very emotional.

This episode was quite emotional. Jude has to deal with Tommy after their amazing kiss and on top of that, she finds out that her dad is having an affair and cheating on her mother. The featured song is definitely one of my favorites. Jude's performance of "Skin" at Under the Mic is so powerful and emotional. Her performance sells the song so well. Everyone in the audience was affected, probably even viewers at home. The ending to the show is heartbreaking as Jude's dad, Stuart, has to confess to his behavior and affair to Jude's mother. He ends up having to leave the house and stay at a hotel. I'd definitely classify this as a Tearjerker.
  • just a really emotional drama-filled episode....that i really enjoyed

won't get fooled again is an AMAZING episode!! it was realli emotional, nerve-racking (well to me anywayz), drama related, etc.....great episode they had explained everything that had happened in the previous episode and so much more..from wat i have watched so far, its gotta be the best episode!!...i've gotta say this was the start of the more MATURE jude harrison....she was very strong and deep in her perfomance, and i gotta say, two thumbs way up!! the lyrics for the song SKIN is just so deep and strong!! hope to expect more of a MATURE and GROWN-UP jude harrison
  • Jude Harrison is having a tough time between the breakup with Shay and Tommy rejecting her once again! And to add on with her stress and her pain she witnesses her dad having a affair and is even more hurt! In the ending of the episode Stuart is moving ou

I thought this episode was one of the best and saddess! I think the ending when we watched Jude's dad leaving and how sad jude looks but at the same time angry was also sad! I liked how Jude slams the door in Tommy and tells him that everything isnt about him.. That was Hilarious!