Intelligence

The Event Horizon

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Mar 24, 2014 on CBS

• Solid

That was a very good episode.

In this show the writers do a good job using the implications of Gabriel's chip.

Besides the technology aspect, the show relies crucially on the chemistry between Gabriel and Riley. And I think the chemistry is there.

But what brings me back to the show is Meghan Ory's performance. I think she got her character just right. Unlike many characters with a broken backstory of late (she apparently shot her stepfather at the age of fifteen), she doesn't overdo it. She really shows profound acting skills, beyond that you normally see in a TV show. I hope she will be given opportunities to show her talent in more profound writing.

From the beginning the show reminded me of 'Chuck' both for the chemistry of the partners' couple and Gabriel's abilities. Incidentally I thought that 'Chuck' became much less interesting and believable when Chuck got his Kung-fu fighting abilities. Less interesting because his physical clumsiness and helplessness was a big part of the dynamic of the Chuck team and the show in general. Less believable because you don't acquire such fighting skills without the proper muscle build to implement these skills (the fighting scenes with Chuck were kind of laughable really).

So, putting the same kind of information technology in someone who had realistic physical and fighting skills gives 'Intelligence' a more solid background.

And Meghan Ory's and Yvonne Strahovski's characters have some similarities but Meghan Ory tackles hers in a much more subtle way in my opinion.

There is nothing really new or very original about this show but it is very solid and has good potential. And it has replaced Nikita in my TV show pick up scheme.