Intervention Forums

Monday 9:00 PM on A&EIn Season

Does anyone watch this show??

FrancisJMAAB

[1]Nov 30, 2006
    • level: 7

I watch it whenever I see it's on, but I don't actively look for it.  It's interesting, but it seems most of the time the intervention doesn't work.

Sometimes I just want to yell at the screen, just grow up and quit it!  I guess because I don't have a "bad" addiction I can't talk though.

I just watched the one where they had the guy who was addicted to gambling and the girl who was addicted to shopping.  Both of which weren't "cured" after the show.

It's interesting though, a bit intrusive, but interesting.  With all the reality TV out there, I feel this show AT LEAST tries to help.

Discuss if you want

Marie

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jmistyrayne

[2]Dec 2, 2006
    • level: 1
    I watch when I can remember too. I'm looking forward to the new season. As a recovering alcoholic of 10 years I can say that the recovery rate on the show is actually normal for the recovery rate overall for addicts and alcoholics. I see alot of hope for alot more people than I did before this show. The editing is great too. I don't think I could watch without tasteful editing knowing what I did and how I acted for over 20 years. No one needs to see that nor should they. Any person that is actively using and watches this knows that the 'worst' experiences cannot be shown on tv. I applaud this show and the people involved for having the courage to do something helpful for alot of people.

DragonFlyJones

[3]Dec 7, 2006
    • level: 5

intervention and first 48 is as real as "reality tv" gets. my only complaint is it comes on the same time as the wire. its amazing how much money crack heads spend yearly.

Franny1313

[4]Jan 13, 2007
    • level: 9

I really enjoy this show, it is very much real life. It can be a bit depressing at times,

but i love this show.

ahoward

[5]Jan 15, 2007
    • level: 2

true but it's real, it's hardcore and in your face as it is. Just think if you saw an uncut version of a show.

Which makes me wonder why they haven't done a show of this kind. a "Best of" or "Outtake" show

as for interventions not taking, some do work and they stay sober, some do not and they relapse. They do "Follow up" shows though which is nice

mellie20904

[6]Jan 16, 2007
    • level: 3
    yea i do watch it and i love it

guess that only means one thing

i need an intervention lol

Franny1313

[7]Jan 26, 2007
    ahoward wrote:

true but it's real, it's hardcore and in your face as it is. Just think if you saw an uncut version of a show.

Which makes me wonder why they haven't done a show of this kind. a "Best of" or "Outtake" show

as for interventions not taking, some do work and they stay sober, some do not and they relapse. They do "Follow up" shows though which is nice

I read that their first 50 interventions only two didn't accept the help. But yes unfortunately a lot of them relapse.

Seeing the uncut stuff would probably be pretty crazy to. But it has made a big impact on a lot of viewers.

FanOfDegrassi

[8]Feb 6, 2007
    • level: 26
    I watch intervention and the first 48 back to back. A&E has great realities right now.

littledent

[9]Feb 17, 2007
    I watch the show and I find it very sad.  I have a brother in law who suffers from severe alcoholism.  It is a very hard thing for us all to cope with.  I think that family and friends need to try anything they can to help.  If it does not work at least the tried and cared enough to intervine.  When their loved on dies they have the feeling that they tried everything.  It may sound selfish but I want the feeling that I tried and hope and pray that no one feels any guilt for his actions.

dovescry2

[10]Mar 15, 2007
    • level: 2
    I watch the show almost every week and find it extremely interesting.  It is always heartwrenching to watch not only the addict but their families and friends.  What all the people go through is so tough and I'm always so hopefully when they go off the rehab.  I know that most of them relapse but we cannot despair and we must have hope that the addict will keep trying to overcome their addiction no matter how many times it takes going to rehab.

XiaolinPrincess

[11]Mar 16, 2007
    • level: 21
    I watch this show. I've been watching it since I was 13 and I'm now 14.

SunsprayHoney

[12]Mar 17, 2007
    • level: 12
    The first episode I saw was "John" and it's probably my favorite. They had the season premiere last night, "Ryan". It was alright, just not good enough for an opener.

lunchbox171717

[13]Mar 23, 2007
    • level: 5
    I really like this show a great deal and watch it whenever I can find it is on.

Franny1313

[14]Mar 24, 2007
    SunsprayHoney wrote:
    The first episode I saw was "John" and it's probably my favorite. They had the season premiere last night, "Ryan". It was alright, just not good enough for an opener.
    I must agree, i waited what seemed like forever for the premier, and was a little disapointed in the episode they chose to start with. But still one of my favorite shows.

cr8tivespirits

[15]Apr 3, 2007

I love this show too. I think that it's really good for people, especially teens, to see the damage that drugs cause. The only time I don't like watching is when they show an IV drug user. Needles make me cringe lol.

aldaros23

[16]May 2, 2007
    • level: 53
    i love this show - it's powerful and riveting. it drives the message of drugs clearing into the viewer. i've seen most of the episodes and it's so uplifting to see some of the hardest hit, conquer their additions. it's also sad to see some of them never get the real help or relapse. Ryan was particularly disturbing (the newest episode) especially his friends (the parents!).

catlover18

[17]Aug 15, 2007
    • level: 7
    I watch this show every single week it's on A&E Friday @10 and if you watch the repeats they add more updates to the end as time goes on. Not all of the addicts relapse but a lot of them do, drug addiction is hard to beat. My favorite episodes are John and Jacob because they are good success stories and didn't relapse.
    Edited on 08/21/2007 12:41pm

ejwlover

[18]Sep 4, 2007
    I do.. It's very sad..
    Edited on 09/03/2007 11:21pm
    Edited 2 total times.

KCMask

[19]Oct 3, 2007
    I think this show is one of the best on TV. The style is unflinching and just plain daring. I wish they'd do more follow-ups though..and not by rehashing the show itself; spend an hour looking at life NOW for some of these addicts. I also think it should be mandatory in HS health classes, especially the crystal meth ones.

aldaros23

[20]Oct 27, 2007
    • level: 53
    yeah ^^ i agree... doing crystal meth is just downright dumb if you look at the consequences. if affects your body so much, that you end up with physical bodily distortion with long-term use.