Intervention

Monday 9:00 PM on A&E Premiered Mar 06, 2005 In Season

aldaros23

Intervention Fan Reviews (45)

• How do I find casting calls for this show

I have 3 maybe 4 in my family that can really use this help.
  • REALLY REAL!

Great how they give them help. LOVE how real it is.
  • why my sons couldnt get help

my sons were addicted to oxycodone really bad for years and was so out of it that my one son trusted someone that needed help and eneded up getting set up and got 9 years ... my oldest toke people to clinics as rides and was taking over 60 pills a day ,, and one friend left his script in car and my son got 25 years for a addiction come on can any one please tell me what i did wrong ..why the system dont give help instead of giving a life sentence.. a very sad mom that will never believe in and justice system again .. im reaching out to you to help me get my boys help....
  • I Can Relate to the Addicts on This Show.

Speaking from my own personal experience, I personaly think that this is an excellent. television program. It shows that there is help for addicts unable to brake their habits bythemselves. I used to be in group therapy, and I had met plenty of people like that myself. This show demonstrates real addicts, the hell they go through, the help they receive, and their recoveries. It also inspires addicts who are watching to confront their own personal demons before it is too late. I must reccomend this show to addicts, their families, and therapists. I give it a 10 with pleasure.
  • This show reveals the ugly truth about addiction.

As a former interventionee, I am now sober for 2 years. My family and doctors did an intervention on me while I was stuck in the hospital due to an overdose on heroin and cocaine. And I cannot tell you how close it hits to home every time I watch Intervention. Most people say its a show that's hard to watch but trust me, in real life its even worse, nobody can imagine the pain the addict and family go through during an addiction. And the chance of a full recovery is slim to none. Its really very very sad and I'm so grateful I've made it this far, especially with the support of my family and friends. I still watch this show to remind me of where I don't ever want to be again, because sometimes we forget. My heart goes out to the addicts and their families... Good luck to everyone and just stay strong... Life is worth it.
  • Sometimes, action needs to take place.

Have someone who has a dangerous problem that can lead to death? Sometimes, an intervention is needed to save the one who love, even if it means being hard on them. Millions suffer from a form of addiction, and they do need help to get sober. If the family are willing to draw the line in hopes of saving a life, then so be it. If a person turns down it, then actions will have to have a consequence like get the person the help they need against their will. Sometimes, the police and doctors can step in if it's urgent. If that doesn't stop them, what will… besides the grim reaper. When help is needed, one will have to have the element of surprise and stage an intervention if it's the one thing that will save them, if not too late.
  • Continued comment

I just realized that this site made a bad judgement call. Its not A&E, it is whoever wrote about our episode. You totally re-worded what was on the press release and you should be ashamed of yourself. "He ruminates over his sexuality and drinks to avoid this feeling." Where did you come to that conclusion? That comment is no where which proves that you made it up on your own. Why write what you want to: It seems that this site has the gay issue". I will personally make sure that everyone knows what this site did and I can assure you that there are thousands that will know. Go to ae.com/intervention to read what SHOULD BE WRITTEN
  • I think that this is a program that can help people see just what can happen if you decide to make the wrong choice in life---you could end up just like the person on TV...now thats reality.

I happened to tune into this one evening to think it was a movie. However, I soon found out that it was a docu-drama (IMO). The program shows how people who sometimes have a wonderful future seem to fall to the belief that drugs and/or alcohol are an esacpe for their problems which only escalate to bigger ones.

Also, it deals with other destructive behaviors. I have, for many years, felt that the issue of overeating is a disease just like alcohol and drug addiction. Actually, I feel its a much harder addiction to overcome for the simple reason that one does not have to have beer or drugs to survive daily...but one does have to have food. And just as in chemical dependancies, 1 is soon not enough to satisfy those cravings (making you feel better) one has to keep eating more and more to satisfy that craving in their mind. Most obese people do not eat for the sake of liking the food, they eat to make themselves feel better. Now having that said, back to the show.

• John is a crack addict and alcoholic that lost a lot of people for various reasons. He coped with these issues by engaging in this kind of activities.

I absolutely adored John! It reminded me so much of myself and broke my heart! I'd love to talk to him if at all possible. Just his sweetness and experience I believe could do me some good. The show really was disturbing to watch when you see yourself doing the exact same things. I didn't think he was going to "make it" because at times I feel as helpless as he did...then you just drink more to cover up that horrible feeling. I've watched a lot of episodes of Intervention, but by far this one touched me more than I ever could imagine.
  • GREAT SHOW!

I look forward to Intervention every week. It's my all time favorite show! I hope to see some new ones soon!!

I come from a family of alcoholics & my father use to abuse my mom, so sometimes the show hits close to home for me) All the interventionists are the BEST!!!! You guys are awesome....keep up the great work! To the people that portray their life on this show: I give you so much credit for being brave enough to come out in the open about your problems. Sometimes I wish I was as brave as you!!!!!

Yay....tommorrow's Monday & intervention starts at 8pm!!!!!!!
  • dsfsdfsdfsdfsf

this show is amazing~ it's taught me that.... all i want is a sound system that sounds rad~ and tell the neighbors were probably going to blow the wall down! it's also taught me that i want to join the twelve step program! and it has showed that people these days don't have manners! is their an ant dj rehab? i'm going to dj at coachella! woo woo yayaya! chaching! thanks for the goodies!!! i met this super hot chick! i love to rave it, and just have fun! its all about fun! in all actuality these are bite marks on my refirgerator! do i look like a normal guy? no, my apperance is illegal? do u mess with someone that uses their refirgerator as a punching bag?? go ahead try it!
  • People suffering additions, eating disorders, and mental disorders are filmed for a documentary. In reality, an intervention is being staged by family, friends, and health care professionals to help them out of their dire situations.

Not even the greatest Hollywood writers can come up with ideas that surpass the stories we can get out of real life. No typical "win money/husband/wife/house" reality show can possibly capture the raw emotions of life.

Intervention does just this. That's real blood you see gushing out of a wound as the self-harmer passes a razor over her skin . That's real heroin you see the man injecting into his arm. That's real food you see the anorexic vomiting out after a binge. And the suffering of the individual and his/her friends do not get any more real that this. They'd probably give anything to be on a "win money/husband/wife/house" reality show instead.

This is the world we see when we look into the mirror and not the TV screen. Countless people suffer from additions and mental disorders. These people have reduced themselves and their close ones to mere skeletons of their former selves. And it touches almost everyone in the world. I believe this is why this show is so important. Every single one of us, though we may not know it, is only a stone's throw away from ending up in situations like this. One day, you may be on top of the world, the next you may find yourself mangled in a ditch, wondering how you ended up there. Yet, this is a topic no one really wants to talk about. It's shoved under rugs. It's ignored. It's met with "that'll never happen to me or anyone I know." Intervention, if nothing, brings forth the ugly truth that many would rather turn a blind eye to. The empathic emotions it invokes are not pleasant ones. However, it does such a good job at it, which is why Intervention is such a quality show.
  • Intervention is a show that shows the disease that is addiction, in a light that is has never been seen in before. Intervention is completely raw and true in its portrayal of the disease.

I have watched a lot of shows having to do with addiction, we probably all have.

So what makes Intervention so different?

Not only does it show you the completely profound effects that addictions has on the people, it shows you the effects it has on all of those around them.

Seeing the hurt that the addictions cause the family, is probably the core of the show, because everybody can relate to that. Everyone can relate to not wanting to hurt the people they love. So seeing the pain that is being caused to these people, is hard to watch.

That is what I like about this show so much, it doesn't fluff around anything, It shows the disease in the most raw way it could. Whether the disease is bulimia, drugs, or alcohol. The effects each of those have on the people in the show are chronicled very well and it makes you feel for the people involved in the show while offering a cautionary tale.
  • Doesn't get much more REAL

6.9
    Intervention is a really harsh look at the life of addicts. It's tragic to see these people reduced to shells of their former selves. But, I think shows like this are necessary for the larger population. It's like the realest PSA you'll ever see. A trained therapist helps the family and friends of the addicted person kick their bad habit. And the addictions really do run the gamut. From drugs, alcohol, to compulsive eating and purging, anorexia and others. The climax of the show is seeing the addict either agree to rehab or try to wiggle out of it. It's sad, but definitely a reality we live with today.
  • A documentary about addiction.... or so they think.

Addicts who participate in this show believe they are in a documentary about their addiction. They do not know that their friends and family have staged an Intervention. The show offers addicts treatment at a facility 'should they agree to receive this special gift they've been given'. They only get a couple of hours to make their decision as the offer is only good for that day.
    This show is gritty, emotional, explicit - it's a real eye opener. It's hard not to feel for the friends and families of the addicts. I think Intervention should be played at High Schools so teenagers can see what drugs, alcohol and other substances can do to you in the long run.
  • Unflinching look at addicts and the effects of addiction on families.

I really hope this series has won many awards. It's just the best documentary style show on TV today. By taking an inside look into the lives of addicts, it provides a blueprint for destruction. The addicts themselves tell their stories from beginning to end in sometimes a heartbreaking manner. Once bright and vibrant, most are shells of their former selves. The people surrounding them are often lost and without hope. I do wish the show would give us more of a follow up look at some of the people profiled. Maybe a 1 or 2 year re-visit. This should be mandatory viewing for HS health classes. The best advice this show can offer? Don't try it..ever. Even once is too much for most of this stuff. Oh, and I love the theme music too. Long live tubular bells!
  • A great show, and a great cause

I really enjoy watching intervention, not only do people get an education on how to use drugs, and what exactly they do to ones body, but what horrible things can happen to you if you start to use them. It's a good thing that they go and make a show about people's adictions to show how harmfull they are, and to help convice people to not to start these bad habbits in the first place. It's also good that they give these people help and send them to rehab. We need more people to do good like this. It's a really good show with a really good cause. I hope it continues to do what it's doing for a long time.
  • I thought that the view point this woman lived from was completly "off the wall".

It's was sad to see her view of money, when so many people struggle for it. That is really what threw me off, to have so much and not have happiness. I can't believe she went on a limo ride from Boston to Kansas that cost 10,000 dollars. I have been struggling to go to college, I am 10,000 short. I live in Kansas. If anyone knows how to contact this lady let me know because, she can make an investment in me. i am worth it. And before anyone else passes judgement. i have already applied for it all, fasfa/scholarships/loans.... not enough/not enough/ denied.... For more info on me ~Contact IamDistinguished@aol.com

Thanks Stef
  • 60% of people who are abstinent do it themselves(according to AA Grapevine 2001 Harvard doctor)-I wish all the people who leave the treatment centers and 12 step groups/AA/NA and feel like failures knew that fact!They are feeding their AV-AVRT works!

3.4
    I feel really sorry for the people on your show who leave the billion dollar a year treatment industry and think they are finished. Your interventionists are part of the problem-anything for a buck-huh??? Humiliating and forcing them into treatment centers and 12 step groups that statistically constantly fail???This show is pathetic and unfortunately people will die thinking this is the only solution???The overwhelming majority of people who go to treatment drink/drug within weeks of successfully completing their so-called treatment.95% of people who go to A.A. leave in the first year. 2% are abstinent after five years???Pretty pathetic numbers(See AA literature Grapevine May 2001 for Harvard Doctor facts)The truth is 60% of people who no longer drink or drug do it themselves (according to AA)-blind leading blind dysfunctional groups or money making treatment centers. I wish you would tell your so-called failures on the show-People who don't complete treatment or do exactly what your so-called experts want them to do so they look like losers on t.v.about --- rational recovery! That's the truth,not some money scamming insurance/treatment center garbage that makes money and helps virtually no one- statistically speaking of course,most treatment centers won't/don't even keep statistics of their overwhelming failures(Like your show demonstrates consistently-they wouldn't want those true numbers getting around.Rational recovery.com is the real-free solution to ending addictions once and for all-not 12 step/treatment garbage that has already proven it's a statistical failure.60% of people who are abstinent do it themselves!!!Rational recovery.com works-tell your failures!!!Save their lives!!!
  • iam sorry to be writting this here but i dont know where else to turn

I had a girlfriene of 7 yrs and we had a child she got hooked on painkillers and from there it just got worse to meth to crack coke ect......we split up about 3 yrs. the grandparents got custody of my son, because i wasnt all that great eithier.....tried to get him that is a whole different story...anyways when we split up she moved at least i was told to arizona dont know for sure....now i just found out that she had another dope baby....I want her to get help and i dont think that the parents want to or care to help her...Please i begging that someone or something happens to get her the help she has never had the option or no one has cared enough to help her...it hurts me to see this happen to such a good person i used to know...please i beg u to help her.....Her name is tammy Lynn Harmon.....she might have got married i dont know....so she might be under a different name please i beg u to help her i dont think anyone else will and she has 3 children and this isnt right........Lost.....please i beg u.......My email address is ronmc69@yahoo.com please keep me informed if u decied to help...thank you very much
  • Harrowing tales of drug abuse and recovery.

This show presents the stories of drug users and their family members who have had it up to here. From unruly teenagers to adults you would have figured to be more responsible, drug use affects people from every walk of life. The program opens with the person's actual problem, and explains how such has destroyed their ability to cope and be happy in life. Watch people search their rooms desperately for the last dose; watch their families push them one more time to stop it or go past the point of no return. It's a sad, gut-wrenching experience every time.

Then there comes a time when the relatives are so afraid to lose this person that they sit down and tell them firmly that there must be a change. Sometimes the user is repentant and returns the family's feelings of regret; other times, they are pitifully belligerent and insist their way of life is nobody's business. In any event, the user enters a program of therapy at a rehabilitation center. We follow their attempts to get clean. Sometimes, it's too late for anyone to reach them; other times, the quest is a big success and the individual is happy to return to a healthy life.

This show can be downright frightening and sickening. You'll be amazed at the depravity and nastiness to which some drug abusers are reduced. Sometimes I have difficulty watching an episode all the way through. With the hard cases who don't want to quit and still hurt the ones around them, I almost feel like punching something.

It's hard for me to understand how a person can get hooked that badly. I'm just glad to see there is a way out.
  • Love this show.

I love this show. I grew up with lots of addicts around me, and I find this show in a sick way soothes me, knowing that many people are helped.

Luckily, I have never spiraled into addction, however I can really understand the devastating effects it has not only on the person, but for those around them.

Keep up the wonderful work. People need to know how common these problems are and that there is a light at the end of the tunnel, but they also have to want the help as well.
  • Betsy is such a classic case. All alcoholics, All addicts think they are special and that no one in the world is like them, or understands them. It is pathetic actually, and sad.

The saddest aspect is that Betsys brain is damaged. You WANT to think she is aware of her unbearable behavior (worse than a child), but with all the damage done, she may not have a clue.
    If ANY of these addicts/alcoholics could stop being so selfish and pathetic and SEE clearly that they are not even living anymore; perhaps they would seek help.
    I personally do NOT believe that AA/NA are the only places to turn.
    I'm often embarrassed to tell people I watch this show. Every single person is a copy of every other addict/alcoholic. They are NOT special. The hope is they see that and realize how much of their lives they have wasted.
  • Intervention needs to inform more of the long term effects drugs have, and more about the rehab details. It needs to show its not always a happy ending.

I have watched intervention twice with my daughter, and it seemed to make her think drug addiction is acceptable, that everyone is doing it. It leaves a lot unspoken, and for your own imagination. It ends with a happy ending where one walks away thinking everything works out. The show needs to show more of the living nightmare or the endings that aren’t happy ever after. It needs to be more informative about the rehab, and more of the worse case scenario. It’s an opportunity to scare the wits out of users and give them something to think about.
  • Last night was my first time watching the show Intervention. This is one of the best shows that has come on tv in a long time. The addictions they show are true stories,what you would like to believe does not exsist in this world,but we all know it does.

This show is a true eye opener for people who do not have to deal with Addicts or Addiction. My brother (21) is addicted to pain killers, has been for about 2 years now. This show just gives me the hope that he will stay and remain clean. I asked him to turn on Intervention last night so that he could see first hand he is not only hurting himself. I just want to thank who is ever responsible for this show it has given me a new hope.

-Sam
  • Shows the truth and noting but the truth.

This show is an eye opening experience. It shows people at there worst. Drug addict, cutters and
    any other half insane person this world can muster. What makes this show s good is that its all true. The people in this show get the help they need will sharing there story with others. Will some people who the show tries to help end up on there sin filled life again it at least gave the person the resources needed to change. Overall its an entertaining shoe because the people in it are really suffering. A great show to bad there aren’t others that show us the hard to swallow truth.
  • Everyone knows someone who goes through or has gone through one of the circumstances shown on this program. I give much admiration to those who have put themselves out there to show others that they can get help too.

It is a very difficult show to watch, but no more difficult to watch if you have ever watched a loved one suffer from a dependency or you, yourself have struggled with your own and are considering getting help. Watch it, watch it, watch it....no matter how difficult it is, no matter how much you cry. It may be the show or the moment that makes you decide that this is it, the jig is up...that is me or a loved one. It is real, no sugar coating saying it was easy and I am healed and free of addictions. It is a new beginning and that is all a person can ask for.
  • Episdoe #11: I took my best-friend, RACHEL, onto show and the producers are more amazing then the show! Show changed our lives-best thing that has happened to us! My friend was bad on heroin-crack, living on the streets, Now her life has changed for the b

LOVE IT! Best thing that has happened to us! People who live with family/friends who are adicts have to love it!
    I took my best friend, RACHEL, onto the show and the producers are even more amazing then the show! This show has changed our lives forever and is the best thing that has ever happened to us! We were in Episode No. 11. My friend was bad on heroin and crack, living on the streets of Baltimore, and now her life has completely changed for the better. Look out for follow-up Episode this month (May)to see how well she is doing! I can truly say, it is a real "REALITY" show and the producers never "told" or "asked" us to do anything "abnormal" that we wouldnt do on a normal basis.
    Carrie, Maryland
  • Intervention is a show about people tring to get their lives together

On intervention people who have different types of addictions agree to star in a documentary to help other people end up geting a shock of their life an intervention by their loved ones telling them they need help adn offering it to them this show touches me becasue my dad had a problem with drugs he was addicted to herroin and he may still be he also was addicted to any type od narctic prescription drug valum,and oxycotin. this show is aninsite to me so i can see what these people have to through because of their addictions anybody who watches this show knows it is not cool to do drugs.
  • One word can sum up this awsome show "gripping" i find myself completely hooked.

This show is what true "reality" is, not something they are doing for money, or a prize.
    Their prize is their life! This show takes a
    bold look into real lives of addicts of all kinds. I find my self entranced by this program, it is a wake up call for many people out there with a long hard road ahead, that know there are people out there willing to help them...Great show!!
< 1 2