Intervention

Monday 9:00 PM on A&E Premiered Mar 06, 2005 In Season

aldaros23

Intervention Fan Reviews (49)

• People suffering additions, eating disorders, and mental disorders are filmed for a documentary. In reality, an intervention is being staged by family, friends, and health care professionals to help them out of their dire situations.

Not even the greatest Hollywood writers can come up with ideas that surpass the stories we can get out of real life. No typical "win money/husband/wife/house" reality show can possibly capture the raw emotions of life.

Intervention does just this. That's real blood you see gushing out of a wound as the self-harmer passes a razor over her skin . That's real heroin you see the man injecting into his arm. That's real food you see the anorexic vomiting out after a binge. And the suffering of the individual and his/her friends do not get any more real that this. They'd probably give anything to be on a "win money/husband/wife/house" reality show instead.

This is the world we see when we look into the mirror and not the TV screen. Countless people suffer from additions and mental disorders. These people have reduced themselves and their close ones to mere skeletons of their former selves. And it touches almost everyone in the world. I believe this is why this show is so important. Every single one of us, though we may not know it, is only a stone's throw away from ending up in situations like this. One day, you may be on top of the world, the next you may find yourself mangled in a ditch, wondering how you ended up there. Yet, this is a topic no one really wants to talk about. It's shoved under rugs. It's ignored. It's met with "that'll never happen to me or anyone I know." Intervention, if nothing, brings forth the ugly truth that many would rather turn a blind eye to. The empathic emotions it invokes are not pleasant ones. However, it does such a good job at it, which is why Intervention is such a quality show.