Intervention

Monday 9:00 PM on A&E Premiered Mar 06, 2005 Returning 2015

aldaros23

Intervention Fan Reviews (63)

• I think that this is a program that can help people see just what can happen if you decide to make the wrong choice in life---you could end up just like the person on TV...now thats reality.

I happened to tune into this one evening to think it was a movie. However, I soon found out that it was a docu-drama (IMO). The program shows how people who sometimes have a wonderful future seem to fall to the belief that drugs and/or alcohol are an esacpe for their problems which only escalate to bigger ones.

Also, it deals with other destructive behaviors. I have, for many years, felt that the issue of overeating is a disease just like alcohol and drug addiction. Actually, I feel its a much harder addiction to overcome for the simple reason that one does not have to have beer or drugs to survive daily...but one does have to have food. And just as in chemical dependancies, 1 is soon not enough to satisfy those cravings (making you feel better) one has to keep eating more and more to satisfy that craving in their mind. Most obese people do not eat for the sake of liking the food, they eat to make themselves feel better. Now having that said, back to the show.