Monday 9:00 PM on A&E Premiered Mar 06, 2005 Between Seasons

Intervention Fan Reviews (70)

• It's hard when you have nobody

My situation is very different than the typical addict. I am 39 years old. I am using meth, marijuana and have had used cocaine. I also binge drink alcohol. I wan't raised around drugs or anything like that. My parents were honest good people. I wathced a few of the tv episodes and have done some research on how the whole intervention process works. I see the families and the friends read how they feel and give an ultimatum to get treatment. one out of every ten actually remains sober when they finish rehab. My parents are dead, the rest I am estranged from. The friends I do have are addicts too. I don't have any children, nor will I ever get to have due to being barron from Diabetes. I am single. To have an intervention is an act of love, said the counselor on tonights show. That the real pain is on the family. The subjects that I have seen, pan handle , steal, lie, and cheat to get the money for the substances that they want. I don't have to do that. All I have to do is go to the atm. I live in a nice studio apartment, I have nice things. I am able to afford my habits, and still go into any store and buy what ever I want. The thing that really bothers me is that I don't have any family to give me the act of love/intervention. Nobody is there to care enough to try to do an intervention. I use drugs because I LIKE THEM! I like the way they make me feel. I'm literally not hurting anyone, theres no one there for me to hurt. Im hurting myself I guess. I guess I'm kind of jealeous of the people on the show. I wish that I had a family that gave a damn. It's hard when you have nobody.