Inuyasha Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

After which episode should i watch the first InuYasha Movie???

Ambey-chan

[1]Jul 8, 2008
    • level: 4
    Or are the movies just paralells? Can anyone tell me??
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

BIGJNFan

[2]Jul 8, 2008
    • level: 11
    Ambey-chan wrote:
    Or are the movies just paralells? Can anyone tell me??

I'm sorry I do not know. I just watch them 1 to 4 when I got the Movies in a box set deal. I do not know what or if I should of watch them after a episode or not.

rainy_humour

[3]Jul 8, 2008
    • level: 14
    the movies don't really have anything to do with the actual story. so in my opnion, you can watch them whenever you feel like it.

MegaGirl84

[4]Jul 9, 2008
    • level: 17
    I think the first movie takes place after episode 54 where Inuyasha mastered the Backlash Wave.

Ambey-chan

[5]Jul 10, 2008
    Thank you, I'll do that. ^^ If anyone has any information on the other ones, PLEASE tell me. Pleeeaasee. But, really, I'm only asking becuase the third movie- Affections Touching Across Time, REAAAAAAALLY sounds like a InuKag thing in the storyline... but, let me guess, they're memories get erased of that, or they don't say anything to one another. Am I right? Nvrmind, I hate spoilers. But thanks!!!

Lei_Trigar

[6]Jul 11, 2008
    Ambey-chan wrote:
    Thank you, I'll do that. ^^ If anyone has any information on the other ones, PLEASE tell me. Pleeeaasee. But, really, I'm only asking becuase the third movie- Affections Touching Across Time, REAAAAAAALLY sounds like a InuKag thing in the storyline... but, let me guess, they're memories get erased of that, or they don't say anything to one another. Am I right? Nvrmind, I hate spoilers. But thanks!!!

InuYasha the Movie: Affections Touching Across Time is the first movie and takes place some point after Episode 54... i don't really think it has any connection with the series itself... and it is kinda of a InuKag thing like you said... and since you don't want any spoilers that's all i'll say...

InuYasha the Movie: The Castle Beyond the Looking Glass is the second movie and takes place sometime after he learns his barrier breaking Red Tetsusaiga technique... i think there is a connection with this movie and the series cause one of the characters in the movie appear later in the series and already seem to know each other...

InuYasha the Movie: Swords of an Honorable Ruler is the third movie and is my personal favorite... not really sure where this one takes place but it was released in Japan during these two Episodes: 136 and 137... this movie's intro gives some background to Inuyasha's birth... i won't say much but it's almost nonstop action in this one...

InuYasha the Movie: Fire on the Mystic Island is the fourth and last movie (for now i hope) and aired a few months after the last Episode in Japan... again i won't say much about it...

well i'm done here... enjoy!

rainy_humour

[7]Jul 11, 2008
    • level: 14
    Lei_Trigar wrote:
    InuYasha the Movie: The Castle Beyond the Looking Glass is the second movie and takes place sometime after he learns his barrier breaking Red Tetsusaiga technique... i think there is a connection with this movie and the series cause one of the characters in the movie appear later in the series and already seem to know each other...
    that character happens to be a filler character - does not appear in the manga.

Ambey-chan

[8]Jul 11, 2008
    Oh.. thank you sooo much!! I was wondering!!

Tauking

[9]Jul 13, 2008
    • level: 2

This is an excellent and informative website dedicated to Inuyasha - http://www.furinkan.com/iycompanion/index.html - and I cut and pasted the following info from there!

18 - Where do the movies fit in terms of continuity?

The order the series should be watched in is as follows:

Episodes 1 - 54
    Movie 1
    Episodes 55 - 95
    Movie 2
    Episodes 96 - 136
    Movie 3
    Episodes 137 - 167
    Movie 4

http://www.furinkan.com/iycompanion/misc/faq.html#Q18