Inuyasha Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Did anyone feel Sesshamaru was overpowered?

RaizenYusuke

[1]Aug 20, 2013
    • level: 28

The number of times where he was actually in danger of losing his life was like 3 or 4 times. He was able to get through the super holy barrier on Mt. Hakurei with his power reduction seeming almost nil cause he was so powerful before that him weakened is still more than most characters can handle. He rarely has difficult in any battle. Holy arrows from characters like Kikyo or Kagome which have been super effective on demons he can catch with his bear hand and no damage. The character's journey to becoming a empathetic and compassionate personsaved the character frombeing a boring Gary Stu. He felt a too powerful for my tastes.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

qtwanderer

[2]Aug 30, 2013
    • level: 27
    There was one point where I thought so but I changed my mind. He is strong for a number of reasons that sets him apart from other demons on the show. I mean sure he could still be seen as overpowered but if you take into account his lineage and his urge to get the tetsaiga, it starts to add up.

The fact he never wanted a jewel shard kinda showed us his devotion on relying solely on his own power. Something tells me when I read this after some rest, this post won't make much sense >.>
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.