Inuyasha Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Forum Rules

sesho2022

[1]Sep 9, 2006
    • level: 47
    These rules come from TV.com, not me. As the editor, I'm supposed to enforce them, to make the forums a better place for everyone. Please help me by doing your part. Thanks, everyone . Not all rules are listed here, just the problems I see over and over. I may add to this list. For the complete rules, read the TV.com's many guideline threads.

1. Only four game threads max in a forum. Others are supposed to be placed in the Games forum. All game threads need to be labelled with the word "Game". "Game" means anything that's not a show discussion thread.

2. No off-topic threads. These include ads for your website or club or threads that are not about Inuyasha. Those belong in your blog.

3. Spoilers are not allowed in non-spoiler thread!!! There is a loophole here. You are allowed to post these in other threads only if you clearly mark your post as a spoiler and leave a lot of white space (extra lines) so people won't read your spoiler accidentally. You can, instead, post your spoiler in a white font and then people have to highlight it to read it.

4. No duplicate threads. Read the first four pages of a forum before starting a new thread. Often a thread already exists that you can use.

5. We are not allowed to revive old threads. This is called bumping. If it is an interesting IY topic, I would understand, but irrelevant and out of date topics should not be revived. I shouldn't have to go back and delete old topics. Please use your common sense. Thanks!

6. We are not allowed to post pictures in the forums, only on our blogs, because of copyright issues. Put a link to the picture, instead.

7. Any episodes of Inuyasha on the net are illegal, so it's illegal to post links to them. Discussions about illegal copies of Inuyasha on the web and websites that play illegal copies are not allowed. Don't ask for these sites or post links.

8. Do not quote more than 3 people in non-game threads. This is considered disruptive posting. Do not use very large fonts. This is considered "shouting" and it's poor netiquette.

8. Do not use banned words, swear words, even as an acronym or abbreviation. You can use asterisks instead of the word.

Edited on 06/04/2007 8:07pm
    Edited 13 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

lunalee4132003

[3]Jan 21, 2007
    • level: 3
    Wow. i didnt know there where so many rules. one question. What happens if you break a rule?(not planning on it, but im curious)

sesho2022

[4]Jan 22, 2007
    lunalee4132003 wrote:
    Wow. i didnt know there where so many rules. one question. What happens if you break a rule?(not planning on it, but im curious)

Welcome to the IY forum, Lunalee! These aren't serious offenses. I usually lock threads that violate these rules or delete a post. These mostly are the rules that keep the forum from being overrun with junk threads and duplicate threads.

The serious offenses are listed in TV.com's Terms of Service and most of them are common-sense things that involve being mean or abusive to other people. I suggest that everyone reads the Terms of Service to avoid getting into trouble with the site.

The ones I posted above are the ones we see in the forum a lot. I post them to explain the things people tend to do in this forum, and to give them an overview of the reason most threads here get locked, edited, or deleted by me.

But mostly, I want everyone here to have fun and enjoy the forum, so PM me or post here if you have questions

sangothedslayer

[5]Feb 26, 2007
    • level: 12
    why did you lock my topic about scanlations??? i just want to know a site that has more appropriate InuYasha manga scanlations!

sesho2022

[6]Feb 26, 2007
    sangothedslayer wrote:
    why did you lock my topic about scanlations??? i just want to know a site that has more appropriate InuYasha manga scanlations!

It's a duplicate thread. It's a short question that belongs in the Q&A thread, or one of the several manga threads.

clone501

[7]Mar 1, 2007
    • level: 4

How can i get rid of one of my old topics after people have posted on it?

sesho2022

[8]Mar 1, 2007
    clone501 wrote:

How can i get rid of one of my old topics after people have posted on it?

Delete your first post, and the thread will disappear. Or PM me the link and I will delete it.

Cool_cutedude

[9]Mar 15, 2007
    • level: 15
    Wow.....those rules make me cry! Can I join the InuYasha forums Sesho? PLLLLEEEEAAASSSEEEEE?

sesho2022

[10]Mar 15, 2007
    Cool_cutedude wrote:
    Wow.....those rules make me cry! Can I join the InuYasha forums Sesho? PLLLLEEEEAAASSSEEEEE?

Of course you can! The rules are really from TV.com.

sesho2022

[11]Apr 6, 2007
    BTW, If you prefer a different game locked and a different one opened, people have to let me know. I only do it by date, otherwise, since I don't know what you want. PM me or post here. I usually need more than one person requesting it, so I know it's a consensus.

Element-17

[14]May 4, 2007
    • level: 28
    Can someone tell me the difference between the 5 buttons at the bottom of the message screen: "New Message," "Quick Reply," "Quick Quote," "Reply," and "Quote"? I always just use "New Message" or "Quote," and I don't feel like experimenting with the others. But, if the conditions are better suited to one of the other options, I probably would like to use them. 

boku-kun

[15]May 4, 2007
    • level: 10
    Element-17 wrote:
    Can someone tell me the difference between the 5 buttons at the bottom of the message screen: "New Message," "Quick Reply," "Quick Quote," "Reply," and "Quote"? I always just use "New Message" or "Quote," and I don't feel like experimenting with the others. But, if the conditions are better suited to one of the other options, I probably would like to use them. 
    "Reply" - sends you to a new page with a textbox for you to type your reply.
    "Quote" - same as Reply, but the textbox will have the contents of the post (where you clicked the Quote button) included.
    "New Message" = "Reply"
    "Quick Reply", "Quick Quote" - similar to Reply and Quote, but does not send you to a new page (let's you scroll up to view other posts).

Element-17

[16]May 5, 2007
    • level: 28
    boku-kun wrote:
    Element-17 wrote:
    "Reply" - sends you to a new page with a textbox for you to type your reply. "Quote" - same as Reply, but the textbox will have the contents of the post (where you clicked the Quote button) included. "New Message" = "Reply" "Quick Reply", "Quick Quote" - similar to Reply and Quote, but does not send you to a new page (let's you scroll up to view other posts).
    Okay, thanks, boku-kun. I noticed that "New Message" and "Reply" had the same URL or HTML, whichever one it is, shortly after I posted that. And using the "Quick" options could really help me when I have to be careful about what I type.

FunLovin_bunnys

[17]Sep 19, 2007
    • level: 1
    Ok, i am going to follow the rules!

sesho2022

[18]Sep 25, 2007
    FunLovin_bunnys wrote:
    Ok, i am going to follow the rules!

That's great. And let the newbies know, also.

Josh40716

[19]Sep 30, 2007
    • level: 1
    That's alot of rules, but I am sure I can follow them!

mangafreak15

[20]Oct 29, 2007
    • level: 19
    Of all this time I've been going on the Inu forums (or any forums, for that matter), this is the first time I've actually read the rules. ^_^;

They're good to know (not that I didn't unconciously follow them to begin with ).