Inuyasha Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

How to Contribute to Inuyasha (revised)

nakorafree

[61]Jul 8, 2006
    • level: 5
    sesho2022 wrote:
    More about quotes: Quotes should be short, not a whole scene. There should only be enough action in a quote to explain what needs explaining. Leave the rest out. A quote is about language, not the action or the meaning of an entire scene. The language should be memorable. You should think, I wish I could write like that--it's funny, or moving, etc. So just submit a quote if it's very interesting and keep it short. Sometimes one scene will give you a couple of quotes. You don't put them in one submission, just because they happened in the same scene. Hope this makes things clearer.
    That doesn't help much at all. I have tried a bunch of times to get quotes up and they NEVER WORK!!!!! And the quotes have been short and i'm doing everything the little instructions say by the box where you type the quote type the quote. put <  b  > (the only reason i put spaces is so it won't make the text bold)  tags around the name of the person saying the quote and then a ":" then the quote. that is all the instruction they EVER give. but you keep saying things like "not formated" or "not an interesting quote." now the unformated part i can try to learn if tv.com would have better instructions somewhere cuz not all of us are blessed with computer knowledge. but the "un interesting quote" part i take issue with. i don't think that you finding them interesting should be a deciding matter in whether they get posted or not. people have different opinons on what is "memorable" and what's not. i thought the quote i tried twice to submit (both times rejected) was memorable. infact it's the only quote i remember from the whole episode and i think it's worth sharing. i also don't know what kind of comment to put. I have tried asking what to put in the comment box by putting "what type of comments?" in the box, i've tried explaining where the quote is in the episod , and i've tried explaining the relevance of the quote. but i always get "not the comment we're looking for." it's infuriating and makes this whole site more trouble than it's worth.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

sesho2022

[62]Jul 8, 2006
    • level: 47
    Sorry it's been such a pain to submit, Nakorafree. I don't know if this helps, but I'll try to explain what makes a quote interesting to me (or in general).

1. The quote should make sense and be interesting to people who have never seen the show. You shouldn't have to know the show to find the words interesting or funny.

2. If you need a lot of action to explain the words, or to make it funny, it's probably not a good quote. A quote is about the words, the language, not the action.

3. If it's too long, it's a scene, not a quote. They don't want us to post scenes as quotes.

4. If an episode already has a ton of quotes, an editor will usually be pickier about what they'll accept. Choose an episodes with few or no quotes for the best chance.

sesho2022

[63]Jul 8, 2006
    I just noticed that the new WSYWYG editor is messing up the html tags I posted above. The instructions for quotes are wrong. Let me try posting these again:

CORRECT FORMAT:

Brooke: So that’s the boy that beat Nathan?
    (Peyton nods)
    Brooke: Well, he's good from behind.

Edit: I had to post these as an image, since the editor won't let me mess up the html so it's visible.
    Edited on 07/08/2006 3:01pm

sesho2022

[64]Jul 8, 2006
    I keep getting this contribution error: People are formatting the action part of a quote as if it was dialogue:

Kagome: (starts crying)

This is all action, not dialogue. It should be formatted as action:

(Kagome starts crying)

Thanks everyone. If you see these in the guide, I didn't accept these, so feel free to submit a correction.

sesho2022

[65]Jul 8, 2006
    nakorafree wrote:
    i also don't know what kind of comment to put. I have tried asking what to put in the comment box by putting "what type of comments?" in the box, i've tried explaining where the quote is in the episod , and i've tried explaining the relevance of the quote. but i always get "not the comment we're looking for." it's infuriating and makes this whole site more trouble than it's worth.

Those are good things to put in the comments box, except for the relevance part.

The relevance part is not needed. A quote should stand on its own, without needing to know the show or why something is important.

Catbuddy

[66]Jul 29, 2006
    • level: 6
    I have a (very random) quick question. When you're logged in, at the top right corner of any page it shows you your screen name and your level and a percentage. What exactly are the levels and percentages? And how would I go about making my percentage rise?

sesho2022

[67]Jul 29, 2006
    Catbuddy wrote:
    I have a (very random) quick question. When you're logged in, at the top right corner of any page it shows you your screen name and your level and a percentage. What exactly are the levels and percentages? And how would I go about making my percentage rise?

Everything you do here makes them rise. If you contribute, when you are level 2, it will make them rise faster. You can get more information about the system here in this forum (read the threads in the TV.com Help Center) new user forum.

Catbuddy

[68]Jul 30, 2006
    OK, thanks for the help!

sesho2022

[69]Jul 30, 2006
    Catbuddy wrote:
    OK, thanks for the help!

You're welcome. In the future, that new user forum is the place to post these questions, that are about the website, not about Inuyasha. Welcome .

tenn77

[70]Oct 28, 2006
    • level: 18

yeah, how do you?

millan2sky

[71]Oct 28, 2006
    sesho2022 wrote:
    Here's an example of the correct way to do a quote. If you hit the quote button below, you can see the html formatting. Hope this helps. PM me if anything is unclear. I want to accept everyone's submissions, but you have to help me out, because I don't have time to correct them all:

Inuyasha: (catches Shippo stealing the jewel shards to help Satsuki) So THAT'S what this is about.
    Shippo: You're one to criticize. Sure I may have fallen for her but what about you, darting back and forth between Kikyo and Kagome.
    Inuyasha: (punches Shippo) Get to sleep!
    Ha that is one of my favorite quotes

sesho2022

[72]Oct 29, 2006
    tenn77 wrote:

yeah, how do you?

How do you what? If you mean how do you find the new user forum, you can see it when you click on the forums button above.

xxpressochip

[73]Nov 22, 2006
    • level: 1

I actually joined TV.com because there was an error well not nessesarilly an error but there was an allusion i wanted to correct or clear up for one of the inuyasha episodes. I understand that you can't fix an error unless ur a level 2... but how exactly do u become a level 2? does it depend on ur number of message comments (such as this one) or something else entirely...

xxpressochip

[74]Nov 22, 2006
    • level: 1
    u so already answered this lol sorry thanks!

sesho2022

[75]Nov 23, 2006
    xxpressochip wrote:

I actually joined TV.com because there was an error well not nessesarilly an error but there was an allusion i wanted to correct or clear up for one of the inuyasha episodes. I understand that you can't fix an error unless ur a level 2... but how exactly do u become a level 2? does it depend on ur number of message comments (such as this one) or something else entirely...

To increase your level, post in the forums, write a blog, write reviews, browse the site and add TV shows to your favorites. You will go up quickly.

sesho2022

[76]Nov 23, 2006
    xxpressochip wrote:

I actually joined TV.com because there was an error well not nessesarilly an error but there was an allusion i wanted to correct or clear up for one of the inuyasha episodes.

I am always glad to correct any errors in the guide if you want (you can send me a message) but you will get points yourself if you wait until you are level two and then submit the information.

sesho2022

[77]Dec 10, 2006
    sesho2022 wrote:
    I keep getting this contribution error: People are formatting the action part of a quote as if it was dialogue:

Kagome: (starts crying)

This is all action, not dialogue. It should be formatted as action:

(Kagome starts crying)

I actually have seen TV.com accept the first one as a valid format, recently, so I'll accept those as well. Format them either way that it makes sense for that quote.

naruto4100

[78]Feb 27, 2007
    • level: 12
    could u tell me a little more about trivia? so would this be correct
    me: who was standing in the background of the inuyasha koga fight?
    is it best to post 1 at a time or post more than 1

sesho2022

[79]Feb 28, 2007
    naruto4100 wrote:
    is it best to post 1 at a time or post more than 1

Trivia is either a goof, or something that's not obvious, ie, you probably wouldn't notice it the first time you watched the episode. There is some obvious trivia in the guide, now, either, because I wasn't the editor, when it was put there, or it's kinda useful to know, even if it is obvious. I don't often accept these "useful" obvious trivia.

Try a couple of subs at a time, til you get a sense of what I look for.

sesho2022

[80]Feb 28, 2007
    naruto4100 wrote:

This stuff is obvious and therefore not good trivia. Don't submit these.