Inuyasha Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 0000)

Inuyasha - Dub Or Sub

Inuyasha Dub or Sub

rockanimechick

[1]Nov 15, 2007
    • level: 4

Which one do you prefer?

Sorry if this has already been posted, if it has please lock it and direct me to where the post is.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Rhen_Var

[2]Nov 16, 2007
    • level: 9
    Japanese! Yamaguchi Rocks!!

as for the old topic well its deep in the forums so lets just say its locked

DarkAngle34994

[3]Nov 21, 2007
    • level: 29
    English Dubbed. I can't stand Subs.

animenhp

[4]Nov 22, 2007
    • level: 11
    LOL I agree with you..I like the Dubs better

rockanimechick

[5]Nov 23, 2007
    • level: 4
    I prefer the dub, because of well Richard Ian Cox, he is really good as Inuyasha.

sangothedslayer

[6]Nov 25, 2007
    • level: 12

i like the english dub better because:

1. I like the english voices better.

2. It is more accurately translated. subs, more specifically fansubs, don't always have accurate translations of what the characters are saying.

3. i'm more used to hearing it in english.

4. things that are too excessively innapropriate are edited out (such as overly revealing nudity. how strange that my mother lets me read the manga which shows the entire female's body from the torso up when they're naked. i know that's not too innapropraite, but if they showed that same type of nudity from the manga on the english dub of the show, chances are that my mom wouldn't let me watch it. when i watch fansubs i'm careful about which episodes i watch to avoid seeing any innapropraite nudity. can anybody tell me if they show anything that shouldn't be seen in the subbed version of IY(privates, breasts,etc.)?).

those are my reasons and i'm sticking to them. but somebody please answer my question.

Element-17

[7]Nov 25, 2007
    • level: 28
    sangothedslayer wrote:
    can anybody tell me if they show anything that shouldn't be seen in the subbed version of IY(privates, breasts,etc.)?).
    The only "nudity" I can think of is Mistress Centipede's breasts, which were flattened in the dub, and Shippo's pre-pubescent nads in episode 16. There probably are some other minor features visible, but I don't think they're that noticable, except maybe in one of the Togenkyo episodes.

GaaraOfTheFunk5

[8]Nov 25, 2007
    • level: 16
    Dub all the way for this! Can't stand reading subs all the time. If I don't like reading a book what make's them think I'll like reading all of that?

LuvsAnime

[9]Nov 26, 2007
    I was hooked on dub... but i have been watching more different animes which are all subbed and i am getting stuck on sub more now then dub.. but inuyasha has to be dub cause thats what i am used to with that anime but other then that i go for sub..

TheDevian

[10]Feb 29, 2008
    • level: 9
    well I prefer the dub with the sub's but that is primarily because I am usually doing many other things while I am watching it and can't pay it my full attention as would be required to watch sub only (my Japanese isn't that good yet) and in this case I do like most of the VA's from Ranma and some of her other shows.

as far as the accuracy go, I can honestly say that any good fan sub'er does a better job(in general). There are some really bad ones (usually going from japan, translated in china or something then sent here, can't even get names right), but for the most part they are much closer as well as the fact that they translate a lot more of it (signs ect.) and without dumbing it down for us stupid americans (usually done by stupid americans) {yes, I am an american, we arn't all stupid, but there are a lot of them} I just wish they would leave things like honorifics alone, certain things don't need to be translated, or americanized, like NAMES!!!!!!

Icemaster20000

[11]Feb 29, 2008
    • level: 6
    Element-17 wrote:
    sangothedslayer wrote:
    can anybody tell me if they show anything that shouldn't be seen in the subbed version of IY(privates, breasts,etc.)?).
    The only "nudity" I can think of is Mistress Centipede's breasts, which were flattened in the dub, and Shippo's pre-pubescent nads in episode 16. There probably are some other minor features visible, but I don't think they're that noticable, except maybe in one of the Togenkyo episodes.

Yeah and that episode where Miroku first comes in. U see Kagomes whole body but shes covered up. She has nice hips though lol.

zeldafan1234

[12]Feb 29, 2008
    • level: 3
    Well I acutally watched the japanese version first because viz was way to slow in translating lol funimation is way faster with their anime but thats because their bigger though but the point is i was hooked so much that at the time i downloaded all the episodes up till the hunderedth episode and then started watching the english version and loved it more because i didnt have to read lol but i think their bothe equaly good but id have to go with my native tounge and pice english also the voice acting is well done

benzslr722

[13]Mar 4, 2008
    • level: 19
    English

nopperabo

[14]Mar 6, 2008
    for the most part I perfer the the engish Dubs, becuse they what I was used too and so the subs sound weird to me. I dont really have an opion as to which set of voices are better (not like DBZ where I prefer the Dubs 100% becuse I LOVE Sabat's voice for Vegeta) though I admit that the Inuyasha Engish voice makes him sound a lot younger and brattier which seems to fit well with the charcter we know Inuyasha as having. Having said all that there is at least one scene I reacll where the sub beat the dub hands down. That is the famous "my shoes are wearing out" bit in episode 166. in the Dub when Kagome compins her shoes are waring out Inuuasha makes some kind of sympathetic comment about how suprised he is of this fact becuse he knows her shoes were brand new. In the orginal (and picked up by the dub) he says sothing along the lines of "Can't you focus on something more important?" which is a far more Inuyasha like thing to say

SunsprayHoney

[15]Mar 6, 2008
    • level: 12
    Dub

SapphireStones

[16]Mar 7, 2008
    • level: 15
    rockanimechick wrote:
    I prefer the dub, because of well Richard Ian Cox, he is really good as Inuyasha.

*high fives*

His voice alone is partly what got me into inuyasha in the first place (by that i mean I glanced at it a few times but listening really got me hooked). i LOVE his voice.

DMClover314

[17]Mar 8, 2008
    • level: 31
    I tend to like the subs, but for Inuyasha in particular i like the dub.

HeavenNathious

[18]Mar 13, 2008
    • level: 23
    Even though subs are almost always better, I actually like the dub better, mainly because it was pretty much uncut and the voice acting was top notch.

smartguy_90640

[19]Mar 14, 2008
    • level: 15
    i must say Inuyasha has a very good dub version,i always tend to watch animes subbed rather then dubbed cause lets face it they tend to kill it dubed,but i actually can say i see it dubed

Phalio

[20]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 2
    David Kaye all the way.