Inuyasha Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

InuYasha live action Movie?

Shadowblade320

[1]Nov 23, 2006
    • level: 2
    hey it could be done, who ever did the CGI work in lord of the rings should do this movie. I can see Tom Cruise playing InuYasha, lol just kidding. If ya seen Volcano High,those actors would be perfect!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Shard2005

[2]Nov 23, 2006
    • level: 17
    Intresting idea, don't know how it would flow though. They do make some manga/anime into live-action movies, like Inital-D and Speed Racer. But I don't know about Inuyasha though.

_Dark_Paladin

[3]Nov 23, 2006
    • level: 19

That would be awesome... 2 hr movie with live characters but i doubt it would be Americans playing the characters it would be like someone we (outside of Japan) never heard of.

Dark_Doc7

[4]Nov 24, 2006
    • level: 4
    Yea, i dont think American actors would work so well.

TylerKim0

[5]Mar 13, 2010
    • level: 2

Interesting concept, and I'd defitnately be willing to watch but the way I see it, it'll only work with Actors from Japan or can pass as Japanese. The whole Dragon Ball live-action movie that came out recently enoughwas defitnately a ruin before it came out because of the actors invovled (personally I didn't and still don't plan to bother with it at all), but in the case of live-actionmovies like the Death Note ones was fine and think the actors fit with the whole air of the storyline & such.

As far as the CGI is concerned, I'm not to worried as long as like the actors it's the right set of people being invovled.

sesho2022

[6]Mar 16, 2010
    • level: 47
    If any of you saw "Blood: The Last Vampire (2009)", it was a live action version of the anime movie, though the plot was different. It was well very well done. I think the main actress was Korean. I just hope we have some Inuyasha movies after the series ends. I'd prefer anime. I can't picture Sesshomaru or Inuyasha played by live actors, but who knows.

tweenboy

[7]Apr 6, 2010
    • level: 9
    sesho2022 wrote:
    If any of you saw "Blood: The Last Vampire (2009)", it was a live action version of the anime movie, though the plot was different. It was well very well done. I think the main actress was Korean. I just hope we have some Inuyasha movies after the series ends. I'd prefer anime. I can't picture Sesshomaru or Inuyasha played by live actors, but who knows.
    i agree,i mean i just dont see Inuyasha in live action and all.It would also take a while.Today we have tech that CAN create such things like The Fuderal Era.however i cant picture a live action adaption of inuyasha.

Th3God3ss1130

[8]Jun 1, 2010
    • level: 1

Well, i have been hearing rumors of an inuyasha live action, and i found some information about it..

In fact, they already started casting for it..

http://firefox.org/news/articles/2661/1/Live-Action-Movies-in-the-Works-Based-on-039Toons-and-Anime/Page1.html

I mean, Draco Malfoy is inuyasha -_-

If they get there way, well be looking at feudal era Hanna Montana on drugs -_- truly truly truly sad.....

(if the link dosen't work, google 'inuyasha the live action', and its the second one.)

deershadow

[9]Jun 1, 2010
    • level: 59
    Hm, a live-action IY movie you say... Now why wouldn't this news be on a more official news site, such as ANN?

-gasps- Oh wait, that article is dated April 1st, 2009.

April 1st... April 1st...

***SPOILER***

Needless to say, I don't believe there will be a live-action IY movie anytime soon. I honestly wouldn't want one either.

And besides...

***SPOILER***

Th3God3ss1130

[10]Jun 1, 2010

Eliza Dushku as Sango isn't THAT BAD ...... mostly

LOL im not sure if its really true but now that you point out the date.....

I feel strange .....

WELL HOPEFULLY its not true, that its all an April fools joke... Then I can sleep easy knowing Malfoy won't be wearing a white wig and Kagome wont be a street trolling orphan.

deershadow

[11]Jun 1, 2010
    • level: 59
    I can picture Eliza Dushku playing a villain (such as Yura), but definitely not Sango. And Inuyasha as a rock star? I know Kagome's friends imagined IY as a biker once, but come on...

-looks again- Ah, along with the date, the following message is posted at the end of the article:

"(And dear readers, if you've made it this far without looking at the post date of the article, do so now. This one was written with a bit of snark and plenty of rude thoughts directed towards Hollywood.)"

And thus, I think it's quite clear that this was all just a joke. Some of the people in the comments section took it quite seriously though.

TheGodess1130

[12]Jun 8, 2010

She would do a pretty good Yura... or Kagura.....Or Abi...

But on a serious note....

ReadingIS fundamental -REALY- should have paid attention.... I kinda just scrolled down to the part labeled InuYasha, read it, cried for a while... The wanted people to cry with me, so i came here..

Well,I guess this is a good thing....In the end,I cant see them doing a -Good- InuYasha live action... I mean, SURE they could throw something out that sucks as bad as DBZ's live action did... but that would'nt be good... Now would it?

hueyf

[13]Jun 25, 2010
    • level: 6

i dont think this going to work. They are changing too much of the series. Changing him from a half demon to a rock star.

xcrystalstarx

[14]Jun 1, 2011
    • level: 5

LOL

if they were really doing a live action movie it would at least show up on IMDB...