Inuyasha Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 0000)

Inuyasha: The Final Act English Dub is here!

  • Avatar of sesho2022

    sesho2022

    [1]Jun 26, 2010
    • member since: 07/24/05
    • level: 47
    • rank: A-Teamer
    • posts: 5,640
    An article on Anime News Network confirms that Inuyasha: The Final Act is currently being dubbed into English, starting at least Mid-May of this year. I hope Cartoon Network will air the episodes, once they are dubbed.
    Edited on 12/08/2012 6:38am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of deershadow

    deershadow

    [2]Jun 26, 2010
    • member since: 09/10/05
    • level: 59
    • rank: E-Company
    • posts: 78,423
    Ah, I remember seeing that article.. It's not an official announcement though, just Kelly Sheridan (the voice actress for Sango) making a post on Facebook and Twitter about her recording lines for the dub. All that proves is there is a dub being made, and she'll be doing the voice for Sango; there's nothing about the other voice actors yet.

    Back around the beginning of the year, AS hinted at having three new anime series to air. The first was revealed to be Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, and the second is Kekkaishi, but the third hasn't been revealed yet. I recall reading that the third show will be airing around Autumn. If that's true, I wouldn't expect some sort of official announcement until at least late July.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Element-17

    Element-17

    [3]Jun 27, 2010
    • member since: 06/11/06
    • level: 28
    • rank: Disco Stu
    • posts: 1,199

    I wonder how [adult swim] would manage three new anime at once. Their schedule has been pretty static for a while now. But at least they're making an effort to keep viewer interest.


    If the new anime is Inuyasha, it would be interesting to see how the ratings will hold. They went from daily airings to weekends only and its popularity has definitely declined in recent years. If we're lucky, there will be new and veteran fans watching.

    Edited on 06/26/2010 11:29pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sesho2022

    sesho2022

    [4]Jun 28, 2010
    • member since: 07/24/05
    • level: 47
    • rank: A-Teamer
    • posts: 5,640
    If AS airs Inuyasha: The Final Act at a decent hour, I'm sure there will be viewers.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of deershadow

    deershadow

    [5]Jun 29, 2010
    • member since: 09/10/05
    • level: 59
    • rank: E-Company
    • posts: 78,423
    Element-17 wrote:
    I wonder how [adult swim] would manage three new anime at once. Their schedule has been pretty static for a while now. But at least they're making an effort to keep viewer interest.
    Looks like new episodes of Bleach will be replacing FMA:B in late August. That knocks the schedule down to one new anime, and one not-a-new-anime but with new episodes. Wonder how many weeks that'll last.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of qtwanderer

    qtwanderer

    [6]Jul 10, 2010
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 9,457
    I doubt the mysterious third anime will be inuyasha but here is to me being wrong *puts down $5* I hope its at a decent time though if it is to air on AS.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of deershadow

    deershadow

    [7]Jul 10, 2010
    • member since: 09/10/05
    • level: 59
    • rank: E-Company
    • posts: 78,423
    qtwanderer wrote:
    I doubt the mysterious third anime will be inuyasha but here is to me being wrong *puts down $5* I hope its at a decent time though if it is to air on AS.
    -looks at AS' schedule- Inuyasha will begin airing in the 1:30 a.m. timeslot starting August 21st. That might be an indication of what's to come.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Blueeyes90

    Blueeyes90

    [8]Jul 17, 2010
    • member since: 06/19/06
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 943

    i hope so..that would be awsome to see inuyasha on cartoon network...

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of qtwanderer

    qtwanderer

    [9]Jul 18, 2010
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 9,457
    deershadow wrote:
    -looks at AS' schedule- Inuyasha will begin airing in the 1:30 a.m. timeslot starting August 21st. That might be an indication of what's to come.
    Or they are putting Big O back to the "dead"-slot
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of deershadow

    deershadow

    [10]Jul 18, 2010
    • member since: 09/10/05
    • level: 59
    • rank: E-Company
    • posts: 78,423
    qtwanderer wrote:
    deershadow wrote:
    -looks at AS' schedule- Inuyasha will begin airing in the 1:30 a.m. timeslot starting August 21st. That might be an indication of what's to come.
    Or they are putting Big O back to the "dead"-slot
    That hasn't been on AS for a good while now...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of qtwanderer

    qtwanderer

    [11]Jul 18, 2010
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 9,457
    Exactly Could be any show they need to put there that will give inuyasha better chances of being viewed or vice versa for the entire lineup (making other shows get better viewing), which would mean there might be some indication of whats to come.

    Still does not mean it will be inuyasha final act...could be a new series

    Still I hope it is inuyasha because it needs to end for those that have yet to see it online

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of AvatarSensation

    AvatarSensation

    [12]Jul 25, 2010
    • member since: 02/13/07
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,702
    deershadow wrote:
    Element-17 wrote:
    I wonder how [adult swim] would manage three new anime at once. Their schedule has been pretty static for a while now. But at least they're making an effort to keep viewer interest.
    Looks like new episodes of Bleach will be replacing FMA:B in late August. That knocks the schedule down to one new anime, and one not-a-new-anime but with new episodes. Wonder how many weeks that'll last.

    I;m looking forward to an Inuyasha: The Final Act dub, but it kind of pisses me off that they're replacing FMA:B with Bleach. I love FMA. D:
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SpikeTbear

    SpikeTbear

    [13]Aug 11, 2010
    • member since: 02/14/04
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 29
    So, new episodes on the 21st?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of qtwanderer

    qtwanderer

    [14]Aug 11, 2010
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 9,457
    I have not seen anything yet..hope lives though.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RaizenYusuke

    RaizenYusuke

    [15]Aug 14, 2010
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 28
    • rank: Disco Stu
    • posts: 16,160
    I think AS will show it on a reasonable time. They already started airing FMA: BH so I am sure they will eventually air the Final Act.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SpikeTbear

    SpikeTbear

    [16]Aug 18, 2010
    • member since: 02/14/04
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 29
    So, someone should totally write an excited post in this thread as soon as the new episodes are confirmed for the 21st.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of deershadow

    deershadow

    [17]Aug 18, 2010
    • member since: 09/10/05
    • level: 59
    • rank: E-Company
    • posts: 78,423
    SpikeTbear wrote:
    So, someone should totally write an excited post in this thread as soon as the new episodes are confirmed for the 21st.
    There won't be new episodes on the 21st; IY#167 and IY#1 air on that night. August 28th has potential though, since that is when IY moves to 1:30 a.m. (eastern time), starting with episode 1. It is possible they won't announce the show before it airs, opting to make it a surprise instead. -shrugs- We'll see.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Lei_Trigar

    Lei_Trigar

    [18]Aug 20, 2010
    • member since: 03/16/07
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 35
    sesho2022 wrote:
    An article on Anime News Network confirms that Inuyasha: The Final Act is currently being dubbed into English, starting at least Mid-May of this year. I hope Cartoon Network will air the episodes, once they are dubbed.


    sounds great! thanks for letting us know.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SpikeTbear

    SpikeTbear

    [19]Aug 23, 2010
    • member since: 02/14/04
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 29
    Next week they are showing episode 1, after new Bleach, at 1:30. The week after they are showing episode 2. Why? Are they just teasing us?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of deershadow

    deershadow

    [20]Aug 27, 2010
    • member since: 09/10/05
    • level: 59
    • rank: E-Company
    • posts: 78,423
    SpikeTbear wrote:
    Next week they are showing episode 1, after new Bleach, at 1:30. The week after they are showing episode 2. Why? Are they just teasing us?
    Who knows... they've updated their schedule again. There isn't any indication at all that the IY showing at 1:30 is The Final Act.

    What's odd is their schedule change on September 25th. American Dad takes Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood's time at 12:00, FMA:B then takes IY's timeslot at 1:30, and IY goes back to 5:30. To top it off, The Big O comes back to air at 4:00. Strange indeed...

    Oh well, that's a month away; plenty of time for AS to do some more flip-flopping.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.