Inuyasha Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 0000)

Inuyasha: The Final Act English Dub is here!

sesho2022

[1]Jun 26, 2010
    • level: 47
    An article on Anime News Network confirms that Inuyasha: The Final Act is currently being dubbed into English, starting at least Mid-May of this year. I hope Cartoon Network will air the episodes, once they are dubbed.
    Edited on 12/08/2012 6:38am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

deershadow

[2]Jun 26, 2010
    • level: 59
    Ah, I remember seeing that article.. It's not an official announcement though, just Kelly Sheridan (the voice actress for Sango) making a post on Facebook and Twitter about her recording lines for the dub. All that proves is there is a dub being made, and she'll be doing the voice for Sango; there's nothing about the other voice actors yet.

Back around the beginning of the year, AS hinted at having three new anime series to air. The first was revealed to be Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, and the second is Kekkaishi, but the third hasn't been revealed yet. I recall reading that the third show will be airing around Autumn. If that's true, I wouldn't expect some sort of official announcement until at least late July.

Element-17

[3]Jun 27, 2010
    • level: 28

I wonder how [adult swim] would manage three new anime at once. Their schedule has been pretty static for a while now. But at least they're making an effort to keep viewer interest.

If the new anime is Inuyasha, it would be interesting to see how the ratings will hold. They went from daily airings to weekends only and its popularity has definitely declined in recent years. If we're lucky, there will be new and veteran fans watching.

Edited on 06/26/2010 11:29pm

sesho2022

[4]Jun 28, 2010
    • level: 47
    If AS airs Inuyasha: The Final Act at a decent hour, I'm sure there will be viewers.

deershadow

[5]Jun 29, 2010
    Element-17 wrote:
    I wonder how [adult swim] would manage three new anime at once. Their schedule has been pretty static for a while now. But at least they're making an effort to keep viewer interest.
    Looks like new episodes of Bleach will be replacing FMA:B in late August. That knocks the schedule down to one new anime, and one not-a-new-anime but with new episodes. Wonder how many weeks that'll last.

qtwanderer

[6]Jul 10, 2010
    • level: 27
    I doubt the mysterious third anime will be inuyasha but here is to me being wrong *puts down $5* I hope its at a decent time though if it is to air on AS.

deershadow

[7]Jul 10, 2010
    qtwanderer wrote:
    I doubt the mysterious third anime will be inuyasha but here is to me being wrong *puts down $5* I hope its at a decent time though if it is to air on AS.
    -looks at AS' schedule- Inuyasha will begin airing in the 1:30 a.m. timeslot starting August 21st. That might be an indication of what's to come.

Blueeyes90

[8]Jul 17, 2010
    • level: 13

i hope so..that would be awsome to see inuyasha on cartoon network...

qtwanderer

[9]Jul 18, 2010
    deershadow wrote:
    -looks at AS' schedule- Inuyasha will begin airing in the 1:30 a.m. timeslot starting August 21st. That might be an indication of what's to come.
    Or they are putting Big O back to the "dead"-slot

deershadow

[10]Jul 18, 2010
    qtwanderer wrote:
    deershadow wrote:
    Or they are putting Big O back to the "dead"-slot
    That hasn't been on AS for a good while now...

qtwanderer

[11]Jul 18, 2010
    Exactly Could be any show they need to put there that will give inuyasha better chances of being viewed or vice versa for the entire lineup (making other shows get better viewing), which would mean there might be some indication of whats to come.

Still does not mean it will be inuyasha final act...could be a new series

Still I hope it is inuyasha because it needs to end for those that have yet to see it online

[12]Jul 25, 2010
    • level: 14
    deershadow wrote:
    Element-17 wrote:
    Looks like new episodes of Bleach will be replacing FMA:B in late August. That knocks the schedule down to one new anime, and one not-a-new-anime but with new episodes. Wonder how many weeks that'll last.

I;m looking forward to an Inuyasha: The Final Act dub, but it kind of pisses me off that they're replacing FMA:B with Bleach. I love FMA. D:

SpikeTbear

[13]Aug 11, 2010
    • level: 7
    So, new episodes on the 21st?

qtwanderer

[14]Aug 11, 2010
    I have not seen anything yet..hope lives though.

RaizenYusuke

[15]Aug 14, 2010
    • level: 28
    I think AS will show it on a reasonable time. They already started airing FMA: BH so I am sure they will eventually air the Final Act.

SpikeTbear

[16]Aug 18, 2010
    So, someone should totally write an excited post in this thread as soon as the new episodes are confirmed for the 21st.

deershadow

[17]Aug 18, 2010
    SpikeTbear wrote:
    So, someone should totally write an excited post in this thread as soon as the new episodes are confirmed for the 21st.
    There won't be new episodes on the 21st; IY#167 and IY#1 air on that night. August 28th has potential though, since that is when IY moves to 1:30 a.m. (eastern time), starting with episode 1. It is possible they won't announce the show before it airs, opting to make it a surprise instead. -shrugs- We'll see.

Lei_Trigar

[18]Aug 20, 2010
    • level: 4
    sesho2022 wrote:
    An article on Anime News Network confirms that Inuyasha: The Final Act is currently being dubbed into English, starting at least Mid-May of this year. I hope Cartoon Network will air the episodes, once they are dubbed.

sounds great! thanks for letting us know.

SpikeTbear

[19]Aug 23, 2010
    Next week they are showing episode 1, after new Bleach, at 1:30. The week after they are showing episode 2. Why? Are they just teasing us?

deershadow

[20]Aug 27, 2010
    SpikeTbear wrote:
    Next week they are showing episode 1, after new Bleach, at 1:30. The week after they are showing episode 2. Why? Are they just teasing us?
    Who knows... they've updated their schedule again. There isn't any indication at all that the IY showing at 1:30 is The Final Act.

What's odd is their schedule change on September 25th. American Dad takes Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood's time at 12:00, FMA:B then takes IY's timeslot at 1:30, and IY goes back to 5:30. To top it off, The Big O comes back to air at 4:00. Strange indeed...

Oh well, that's a month away; plenty of time for AS to do some more flip-flopping.