Inuyasha Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 0000)

Inuyasha: The Final Act --spoilers!

sesho2022

[1]Oct 3, 2009
    • level: 47
    Finally, it's here! More Inuyasha episodes and hopefully a conclusion to the series. It airs on the web on Shonen Sunday and on Hulu, a few hours after it airs in Japan. A new episode will air every Saturday. However, I have to warn you, there are subtitles. It's dubbed in Japanese only. Discuss the show here without any major spoilers. If anyone wants, start a spoiler thread. I'll pin this thread, or the more popular thread.
    Edited on 03/18/2010 9:52pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

deershadow

[2]Oct 4, 2009
    • level: 59
    By "no spoilers" do you mean there can't be discussion for events that haven't yet been shown in the anime?

And yes, I just finished watching the first episode; there are English subtitles (except for the opening and ending themes), but you have to set closed captioning on to see them.

Anyway, you really can feel the fast pace even during the peaceful moments. Not sure if it's good or bad that you aren't really given time to dwell on events though...

sesho2022

[3]Oct 4, 2009
    deershadow wrote:
    By "no spoilers" do you mean there can't be discussion for events that haven't yet been shown in the anime?

And yes, I just finished watching the first episode; there are English subtitles (except for the opening and ending themes), but you have to set closed captioning on to see them.

That's great. I'll try to set close captioning on.

I guess by spoilers, I mean major spoilers--things that would totally spoil the plot for someone, like so and so kills Naraku. But again, maybe we need a thread with spoilers. Let me know--I'll do what everyone wants, as long as it's clear.

RaizenYusuke

[4]Oct 4, 2009
    • level: 28
    deershadow wrote:

Anyway, you really can feel the fast pace even during the peaceful moments. Not sure if it's good or bad that you aren't really given time to dwell on events though...
    I agree with the fast pace. I didn't mind Hakudoshi's death being in this episode or Morymaru fighting Kogua, and having Kikyo save him as opposed to Inuyasha's group but some stuff felt out of place and probably could have been dropped althogether, like Kohaku hunting down that demon was way to fast for it's own good. I mean he saves that kid and his dad fixes him up then kid attacks him and chases the demon off all in likw 2 miniutes(that really felt forced). Hpefully next week episode the pacing will feel more natural then rushed. So far I like it though. I have a more faith that they can finish the sereis in 26 episodes now without cutting much of it out.

sesho2022

[5]Oct 4, 2009
    Ok--people are posting spoilers, so I'll make it a spoiler thread. Just don't post any spoilers for episodes that haven't yet aired. Thanks!

deershadow

[7]Oct 4, 2009
    Tauking wrote:
    [...] so that your's could sit pretty on top, unchallenged and unrivaled.
    No need to jump to conclusions and take it personally... I present to you, this sentence from her original post:

sesho2022 wrote:
    I'll pin this thread, or the more popular thread.

So, considering that this thread had more posts at the time of the other thread being locked (and therefore is the "more popular thread"), it makes perfect sense to lock the smaller thread and pin the larger one. It's commonplace for there to be an official thread (sometimes made by the editor, sometimes not) on other forums.

RaizenYusuke wrote:
    I agree with the fast pace. I didn't mind Hakudoshi's death being in this episode or Morymaru fighting Kogua, and having Kikyo save him as opposed to Inuyasha's group but some stuff felt out of place and probably could have been dropped althogether, like Kohaku hunting down that demon was way to fast for it's own good. I mean he saves that kid and his dad fixes him up then kid attacks him and chases the demon off all in likw 2 miniutes(that really felt forced). Hpefully next week episode the pacing will feel more natural then rushed. So far I like it though. I have a more faith that they can finish the sereis in 26 episodes now without cutting much of it out.
    Well, having Kohaku hunt that demon and saving the boy is supposed to help you understand how he feels about killing his own father. But with how rushed this scene was, it makes it hard to really care at all.

Yes, I believe they will be able to fit it all in without too much cutting, but will it be done at the cost of being able to connect with the characters?

RaizenYusuke

[8]Oct 4, 2009
    I think we already understood Kohaku's feeling about killing his father in the first series and how he explained to Kagura. I think the anime could have dropped the scene altogether rather then give us a rushed scene.

deershadow

[9]Oct 4, 2009
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    I think we already understood Kohaku's feeling about killing his father in the first series and how he explained to Kagura. I think the anime could have dropped the scene altogether rather then give us a rushed scene.
    Well that's true, but it's been too long since I've watched the original series to recall everything... Maybe it was included to refresh people's memories?

neoyamato_pi

[10]Oct 5, 2009
    • level: 26
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    deershadow wrote:
    By "no spoilers" do you mean there can't be discussion for events that haven't yet been shown in the anime? And yes, I just finished watching the first episode; there are English subtitles (except for the opening and ending themes), but you have to set closed captioning on to see them. Anyway, you really can feel the fast pace even during the peaceful moments. Not sure if it's good or bad that you aren't really given time to dwell on events though...
    Yeah, I like it. It is kind of fast paced. After the first few minutes, everything seemed so fast. I have to agree, with it not feeling natural, but I suppose it needs to be like that in order to cram the remaining chapters into 26 episodes.

animation_luver

[11]Oct 5, 2009
    • level: 3

ok i havent seen the episode yet is it raw or subbed? becauase it usually takes a day or 2 for them to get a sub. i guess ill check myself instead of being lazy

unfortunately i have to agree with sesho and tauking i think its unfair when there already a thread around but then it gets locked after the editor makes an "official" thread

and kohaku dies in this episode? NOOOOOO!!! D= i guess i havre to make it a rule towatch the ep and then read the comments XD

sesho2022

[12]Oct 5, 2009
    animation_luver wrote:

unfortunately i have to agree with sesho and tauking i think its unfair when there already a thread around but then it gets locked after the editor makes an "official" thread

Folks--I absolutely do not care who starts a thread, but duplicates get locked. I was asked to create a thread on the new series by someone, and then I pinned the thread with the most traffic. If you ever have questions about why a thread is locked, or you want me to unlock a thread, just send me a message. I do listen to what people want, which is why I created the thread in the first place. As you can see with the many locked messages on the same topic, it gets hard to find the info you want when there are too many identical ones. New threads on new topics, even related to the new anime, will not be locked.

Sorry, Tauking, people weren't using your thread, so I decided to switch them. No offense was meant. Start a new thread about the new anime, on a new topic. The forum is here for everyone to enjoy discussing IY.
    Edited on 10/05/2009 4:46pm

sesho2022

[13]Oct 5, 2009
    deershadow wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    Well that's true, but it's been too long since I've watched the original series to recall everything... Maybe it was included to refresh people's memories?

I think the scene was done to tweak our emotions--to feel sad for Kohaku and Sango. But I agree with RaizenYusuke--the scene was too rushed, and therefore didn't work in making us feel sad for the two. Naturally the scene was rushed--they managed to put every single main character from IY in a single episode!

RaizenYusuke

[14]Oct 6, 2009
    To be clear I mean the scene were Kohaku tells Kagura about why he wants to kill Naraku, explains how he killed his own father, and the pain he caused Sango give us the back story and made us feel for him. The scene with the father and his son was really unneeded since we got a far less rushed version of Kohaku's feelings later on in the same episode that gave us the time to process his emotions.

Ranemoraken

[15]Oct 7, 2009
    • level: 20
    as to the pace, it seemed alright. The idea is to put this side-by-side where we left off and not have a "gap". Kohaku's story, I thought would have been dropped and I rubbed my brow.

I also rubbed my brow when Kagome tripped and dropped her jewel shard, instead of it being taken while Inuyasha was a human. I suppose parts of that fight will take place later. Since I complained when the jewel shards were taken off of Kagome anyway "Isn't it easier for Naraku to simply let the heroes get the jewel shards and then take them from them?" her tripping amounts to the same thing.

I figure once we get used to this pace over the next six to twelve episodes, we'll be enjoying ourselves. But it will be a love or hate relationship- I don't think there will be any middle ground. So far so good.

animation_luver

[16]Oct 8, 2009
    im confused about the origin of hakudoshi. i know that the baby is narakus heart and the jewel is the barrier but what exactly is hakudoshi? is just another part of naraku that protects or heart or something (or protected lol)

neoyamato_pi

[17]Oct 10, 2009
    • level: 26
    Hakudoshi is a being that was split from the original being that was Naraku's heart. When the monk split the baby that was the heart, thinking he kileed it, the half with the heart managed to recover and survive and the the other half grew into Hakudoshi.

animation_luver

[18]Oct 10, 2009
    neoyamato_pi wrote:
    Hakudoshi is a being that was split from the original being that was Naraku's heart. When the monk split the baby that was the heart, thinking he kileed it, the half with the heart managed to recover and survive and the the other half grew into Hakudoshi.
    OH YEA I REMEMBER THAT LOL i remmeber being extremely happy when i thought the baby was dead. the only thing that confused me now is why he never dies(or died lol)

animation_luver

[19]Oct 11, 2009
    i just saw the new episode has anyone else seen it yet? kagura was somewhat of a good guy towards the end of the series so im a bit sad to see her go especially the wayshe did but on the plus side she got to see her love and died with a smile. i dont know if they are trying to imply that sesshomaru mayu have a had a small crush on kagura but it was nice of him to see her before she died . i think its really messed up that naraku freed her and then basically killed her. hes worst than orochimaru from naruto lol. so now that kikiyos soul is fused with whatever her names soul is she like super powerful now O_O

RaizenYusuke

[20]Oct 11, 2009

I thought it was good episode, but I still have mixed feelings for pace.

Naraku freeing Kagura just to kill her as punishment for betraying him reminded me why I like him as a villain. He may not get his hands dirty but he is messed up as they come. Kagura/Sesshomaru scene was done very well I am glad it did not suffer from fast pacing like Kohaku's scene with that man and his son last week.

Kikyo/Midroku plot was good pace and interesting though I am still confused how the soul collectors can take her soul if it is in the jewel fighting demons? I guess it's like Kagome's soul and is so large it can be in multiple vessels. Not sad they cut the love triangle drama out it really was not nessary to have Inuyasha/Kagome argument about Kikyo, so thank you animtors for cutting it out. Kohaku running away to what seems like his death actually made me sad for him. It seems like life keeps giving him crap.

Kogua's scene was not different from the manga. I am glad they did not cut it out from the series like I originally feared. I thought the guardian explaining Midroku's will effecting Kogua's shards was better then Kagome doing it. Goraishi animated was nice the lightning claw wave was awesome technique. Kogua finally becomes a major player in the fight with Naraku.

Sesshomaru vs Moryomaru scene not a huge fan of it. Moryomaru absorbing the turtle did was not what bothered me, but the fact that Sesshomaru basicly forces him to retreat. I loved that fight in the manga it is what estblishes Moryomaru as creditable threat and even more so then Naraku IMO. He nearly killed Sesshomrau, gives Kikyo a hard time, and Inuyasha does not do much better, and Moryomaru fought all three of them at the same time. Something Naraku could not even do. This one the fight Sesshomaru basicly cracks Moryomaru's armor destroys his absrobing armor while he is left unscratched. I would have perfered Sesshomaru to have fought pre shell Moryomaru in this episode and the next one were he fought the armor shelled one.

I thought it was good episode. Next week looks alright.