Inuyasha Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 0000)

Kikyo vs. Kagome

Who would win?

LuvsAnime

[21]May 14, 2007
    • level: 16

LUVInuyasha wrote:
    well wat does fighting skills has to do wit luv? i mean seriously, sure kikyo is better at the fighting but she is kind of dead and kagome is alive and available! kikyo should just rest in peace.

because this thread is about who is a better fighter it has nothing to do with love.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

_Dark_Paladin

[22]May 14, 2007
    • level: 19
    LuvsAnime wrote:

LUVInuyasha wrote:
    well wat does fighting skills has to do wit luv? i mean seriously, sure kikyo is better at the fighting but she is kind of dead and kagome is alive and available! kikyo should just rest in peace.

because this thread is about who is a better fighter it has nothing to do with love.

Even if it was about love, Inuyasha loves dead Kikyo better than the available Kagome ... well until
    ***SPOILER***

LuvsAnime

[23]May 14, 2007
    _Dark_Paladin wrote:
    LuvsAnime wrote:

LUVInuyasha wrote:

Even if it was about love, Inuyasha loves dead Kikyo better than the available Kagome ... well until
    ***SPOILER***

thats true lol

drachekonig

[24]May 14, 2007
    • level: 9
    _Dark_Paladin wrote:
    LuvsAnime wrote:

LUVInuyasha wrote:

Even if it was about love, Inuyasha loves dead Kikyo better than the available Kagome ... well until
    ***SPOILER***

I don't agree. I think Inuyasha cares more about Kagome than Kikyo, even before her death. It's a complicated issue. In my opinion, Inuyasha's lingering feelings for Kikyo, while they are feelings of love, it's not the same kind of love he had in the past, nor akin to the feelings he currently has for Kagome. A part of his heart will always belong to Kikyo, as is true with anyone that loves and loses, however, a bigger part of his heart now belongs to Kagome. At least that's my take on it =).  This is off-topic though.

I don't know if I can make a judgment about Kagome and Kikyo fighting, they both have a large amount of spiritual power, and there isn't really enough evidence supporting one or the other as being the most naturally powerful, training and practice aside.

Edited on 05/14/2007 2:09pm

LuvsAnime

[25]May 14, 2007
    drachekonig wrote:
    _Dark_Paladin wrote:
    LuvsAnime wrote:

LUVInuyasha wrote:

Even if it was about love, Inuyasha loves dead Kikyo better than the available Kagome ... well until
    ***SPOILER***

I don't agree. I think Inuyasha cares more about Kagome than Kikyo, even before her death. It's a complicated issue. In my opinion, Inuyasha's lingering feelings for Kikyo, while they are feelings of love, it's not the same kind of love he had in the past, nor akin to the feelings he currently has for Kagome. A part of his heart will always belong to Kikyo, as is true with anyone that loves and loses, however, a bigger part of his heart now belongs to Kagome. At least that's my take on it =).  This is off-topic though.

I don't know if I can make a judgment about Kagome and Kikyo fighting, they both have a large amount of spiritual power, and there isn't really enough evidence supporting one or the other as being the most naturally powerful, training and practice aside.

actually there is if you watch the later episodes you can see where Kikyos powers are stronger then Kagomes.

ieatdababies

[26]May 14, 2007
    • level: 3
    as much as i like kagome more than kikyo... kikyo would win hands dowm. she is way more skilled and has lived her entire life in that setting.

LuvsAnime

[27]May 14, 2007

ieatdababies wrote:
    as much as i like kagome more than kikyo... kikyo would win hands dowm. she is way more skilled and has lived her entire life in that setting.

i agree

drachekonig

[28]May 14, 2007
    LuvsAnime wrote:
    drachekonig wrote:
    _Dark_Paladin wrote:
    LuvsAnime wrote:

LUVInuyasha wrote:

***SPOILER***

I don't agree. I think Inuyasha cares more about Kagome than Kikyo, even before her death. It's a complicated issue. In my opinion, Inuyasha's lingering feelings for Kikyo, while they are feelings of love, it's not the same kind of love he had in the past, nor akin to the feelings he currently has for Kagome. A part of his heart will always belong to Kikyo, as is true with anyone that loves and loses, however, a bigger part of his heart now belongs to Kagome. At least that's my take on it =). This is off-topic though.

actually there is if you watch the later episodes you can see where Kikyos powers are stronger then Kagomes.

But also, in a number of episodes, Kagome withstands things much better than Kikyo. For example, when Kagome heals Kikyo's wounds and cleanses the miasma from Kikyo. Kikyo obviously couldn't do it herself. Also, in episode 98, Kagome easily withstands the aura and poison of the demon's stomach, while Kikyo is rendered helpless. That's my point, there are examples supporting both conclusions.

LuvsAnime

[29]May 14, 2007
    drachekonig wrote:
    LuvsAnime wrote:
    drachekonig wrote:
    _Dark_Paladin wrote:
    LuvsAnime wrote:

LUVInuyasha wrote:

***SPOILER***

I don't agree. I think Inuyasha cares more about Kagome than Kikyo, even before her death. It's a complicated issue. In my opinion, Inuyasha's lingering feelings for Kikyo, while they are feelings of love, it's not the same kind of love he had in the past, nor akin to the feelings he currently has for Kagome. A part of his heart will always belong to Kikyo, as is true with anyone that loves and loses, however, a bigger part of his heart now belongs to Kagome. At least that's my take on it =). This is off-topic though.

But also, in a number of episodes, Kagome withstands things much better than Kikyo. For example, when Kagome heals Kikyo's wounds and cleanses the miasma from Kikyo. Kikyo obviously couldn't do it herself. Also, in episode 98, Kagome easily withstands the aura and poison of the demon's stomach, while Kikyo is rendered helpless. That's my point, there are examples supporting both conclusions.

Kikyo was renendered helpless cause her soul collectors couldnt get to her and she was losing her souls thats why she was helpless without souls Kikyo can't exsist where Kagome is alive and don't need them so yeah she was helpless cause she was dying again.

_Dark_Paladin

[30]May 14, 2007
    • level: 19
    drachekonig wrote:
    Kagome couldnt heal herself if Naraku pierced a giant hole through ur body... and Kikyo was still weak when they were stuck in the tunnel...

LuvsAnime

[31]May 14, 2007

_Dark_Paladin wrote:
    drachekonig wrote:
    Kagome couldnt heal herself if Naraku pierced a giant hole through ur body... and Kikyo was still weak when they were stuck in the tunnel...

exactly thats what i am trying to say

drachekonig

[32]May 14, 2007
    Meh, different interpretations of the same facts =). I'll agree to disagree.

LUVInuyasha

[33]May 15, 2007
    • level: 1
    btw how do u change your icon???mines is wierd
    Edited on 05/15/2007 2:35pm

Wolf_Shadow

[34]May 15, 2007
    • level: 2
    hm, this is a tough topic because kikyo implied that kagome had even more spiritual strength than she did at one point. i don't remember what it was but after kagome sent tsubaki's serpent back at her, kikyo though something along the lines of if kagome did that it isnt possible for me to win against her. kagome hasnt even come close to her full potential as a priestess apparently. i'll just take kikyo's word for it but i have horrible memory so i could be wrong about this though.

Wolf_Shadow

[35]May 15, 2007
    • level: 2
    btw, kikyou though should be kikyo thought.

anime_freak_14

[36]May 15, 2007
    • level: 6
    I would choose kagome, but if I were in inuyasha's shoes (even thoug he doesn't have a pair) he would propaly choose kikyo, or maybe not. Hmmmm.

Inuyasha_93RS4

[37]Jun 11, 2007
    • level: 5

maybe Kagome would win but I really don't know

inuyashafan1

[38]Jun 12, 2007
    • level: 3
    kikyo

Rhen_Var

[39]Jun 16, 2007
    Kikyo could be stronger if she wasnt feeding on souls and contains part of Kagome's Soul
    OH though over the times she has gotten stronger but not too much in my eyes. Most of you people are voting cuz of the Love Triangle! Think Logic man!

LuvsAnime

[40]Jun 16, 2007

Rhen_Var wrote:
    Kikyo could be stronger if she wasnt feeding on souls and contains part of Kagome's Soul OH though over the times she has gotten stronger but not too much in my eyes. Most of you people are voting cuz of the Love Triangle! Think Logic man!

actually Kikyo is still really strong she could do to naraku some things that Inuyasha couldnt do