We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Inuyasha Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Kikyo vs. Kagome

Who would win?

Rhen_Var

[41]Jun 17, 2007
    • level: 9
    LuvsAnime wrote:

Rhen_Var wrote:
    Kikyo could be stronger if she wasnt feeding on souls and contains part of Kagome's Soul OH though over the times she has gotten stronger but not too much in my eyes. Most of you people are voting cuz of the Love Triangle! Think Logic man!

actually Kikyo is still really strong she could do to naraku some things that Inuyasha couldnt do

I was saying Kikyo was stronger.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

LuvsAnime

[42]Jun 17, 2007
    • level: 16
    Rhen_Var wrote:
    LuvsAnime wrote:

Rhen_Var wrote:
    Kikyo could be stronger if she wasnt feeding on souls and contains part of Kagome's Soul OH though over the times she has gotten stronger but not too much in my eyes. Most of you people are voting cuz of the Love Triangle! Think Logic man!

actually Kikyo is still really strong she could do to naraku some things that Inuyasha couldnt do

I was saying Kikyo was stronger.

you also said not to much in your eyes

lunarflowers22

[43]Jul 6, 2007
    • level: 5
    Kikyo would win b/c she is stronger in the sense that she was trained to be a Miko her whole life, so she would have more experience than Kagome. On top of that, Kagome's archery isn't that great/ She misses frequently and is still learning how to use her powers.

Rhen_Var

[44]Jul 7, 2007
    lunarflowers22 wrote:
    Kikyo would win b/c she is stronger in the sense that she was trained to be a Miko her whole life, so she would have more experience than Kagome. On top of that, Kagome's archery isn't that great/ She misses frequently and is still learning how to use her powers.
    Yeah but we dont know what her sealed power is

kikyou23

[45]Jul 26, 2007

I think kikyo is stronger that kagome. She was trained since she was young to become a priestess, she protected the jewel from all kind of demons 50 years ago for a long time,she has fight and defeat a lot of demons before and after death, she traveled alone for a long time without any other companion to help her and still survived, and the last thing is that her spiritual powers and skills are more develop that kagome's are, but kagome is powerful too without any training she has been able to use strong attacks like her sacred arrows and endurance spells, curses and many other things like that, i think she can become strong as kikyo was. sorry for grammar mistakes.

Edited on 07/25/2007 11:29pm
    Edited 5 total times.

Rhen_Var

[46]Jul 26, 2007
    kikyou23 wrote:

I think kikyo is stronger that kagome. She was trained since she was young to become a priestess, she protected the jewel from all kind of demons 50 years ago for a long time,she has fight and defeat a lot of demons before and after death, she traveled alone for a long time without any other companion to help her and still survived, and the last thing is that her spiritual powers and skills are more develop that kagome's are, but kagome is powerful too without any training she has been able to use strong attacks like her sacred arrows and endurance spells, curses and many other things like that, i think she can become strong as kikyo was. sorry for grammar mistakes.

Wow. Your name is really misguiding

kikyou23

[47]Jul 26, 2007
    Rhen_Var wrote:
    kikyou23 wrote:

What do you mean ???
    Edited on 07/26/2007 7:39pm

Rhen_Var

[48]Jul 27, 2007
    kikyou23 wrote:
    Rhen_Var wrote:
    kikyou23 wrote:

What do you mean ???
    "Kikyo"

dfoboost

[49]Jul 27, 2007
    • level: 7
    I admit Kagome is really strong but I think Kikyo has more experiece so to close to call

tupac4lyfe

[50]Jul 29, 2007
    • level: 4
    I believe that even if Kagome had more spiritual power, Kikyo would win because she is more of a veteran and I believe that could Kikyo do more without the use of arrows(creating the tree that attrached Hakudoshi's demon rats away from innocent villagers).

Rhen_Var

[51]Jul 30, 2007
    tupac4lyfe wrote:
    I believe that even if Kagome had more spiritual power, Kikyo would win because she is more of a veteran and I believe that could Kikyo do more without the use of arrows(creating the tree that attrached Hakudoshi's demon rats away from innocent villagers).
    Who knows. Kagome learns pretty fast
    Edited on 07/30/2007 2:01am

KingRoxas

[52]Jul 31, 2007
    • level: 3

Well considering Kikyo is technically dead ...

Actually I think Kagome would've won anyway.

Rhen_Var

[53]Aug 1, 2007
    KingRoxas wrote:

Well considering Kikyo is technically dead ...

Actually I think Kagome would've won anyway.

Oh well. We werent asking for scientific explanations

tvfreakelik

[54]Aug 2, 2007

First off, I think its not really fair to compare Kikyou & Kagome b/c Kikyou has more experience. But even though this is true, Kagome has shown signs of being a stronger miko than Kikyo. For example when Kagome & Kikyo were trapped in the cave, Kagome could still move around and stuff, even though Kikyo was completely drained. This shows that while Kagome might not have the experience, she has latent potential, and is / would be more powerful.

Besides, we just found out recently in the manga that Kagome`s

***SPOILER***

All in all, I just think that Kikyo`s experience and natrual talent can`t compare to Kagome`s latent potential, strong spirit and her pure instinct. So yeah, I vote Kagome, because she is just is better.

Rhen_Var

[55]Aug 2, 2007
    tvfreakelik wrote:

First off, I think its not really fair to compare Kikyou & Kagome b/c Kikyou has more experience. But even though this is true, Kagome has shown signs of being a stronger miko than Kikyo. For example when Kagome & Kikyo were trapped in the cave, Kagome could still move around and stuff, even though Kikyo was completely drained. This shows that while Kagome might not have the experience, she has latent potential, and is / would be more powerful.

Besides, we just found out recently in the manga that Kagome`s

All in all, I just think that Kikyo`s experience and natrual talent can`t compare to Kagome`s latent potential, strong spirit and her pure instinct. So yeah, I vote Kagome, because she is just is better.

Yeah we get that a lot. Cant compare Kikyo with Kagome. Kikyo is weaker for one. She's dead and she needs souls to keep alive otherwise she dies

Pyro_Bender

[56]Aug 18, 2007
    • level: 16
    I don't think it's right to compare them, I mean, Kikyo has been doing the whole pristess thing a lot longer.

Athias09

[57]Sep 18, 2007
    I can't believe what I'm hearing. Kagome doesn't even come REMOTELY close to Kikyo's powers. Everyone is saying that Kagome has gotten considerably stronger since the start of the series, but by what comparison. She still does the same thing she always does and that's blindly shoots sacred arrows. What else can she do with the exception of purifying tainted auras. She's completely useless. She's just Inuyasha's cheerleader. Kikyo is revered in the series as having extremely powerful spiritual powers. Even with her human body gone and a part of a soul, Kikyo still beats Kagome by 100 fold. Kikyo can fire sacred arrows (multiple arrows with in less than a second,) "sealing" arrows, cast spells (like the Mayose tree,) and create powerful barriers,etc. And remember, Kagome is Kikyo's reincarnation, so any power she has is because of Kikyo.

Athias09

[58]Sep 18, 2007
    I just wanted to post another comment referring to Kikyo and Kagome when it came to InuYasha. To be honest, I don't understand Kagome at all. She and InuYasha never really acknowledge their relationship at all nor make it anything official. I don't ever really think that she's ever told InuYasha how she truly felt, and if she did let me know where. Another thing that really bothers me about Kagome is that she calls InuYasha her boyfriend even when she was in denial about how she felt about him. She tells herself that she understands why InuYasha wants to see Kikyo yet get jealous everytime he does. I really don't understand her. I mean at the time InuYasha had spent more time with Kikyo. Needless to say, Inuyasha would prefer his 17 year old fiancee(Kikyo) than 15 year old Kagome. I say fiancee because when Inuyasha tells Kikyo he'll become human, he obviously was going to say " so you can become human, too. And, be my ???? (wife.) Kikyo interrupted him. The obviously agreed to some arrangement after that seen. INUYASHA AND KIKYO ACKNOWLEDGE A RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN EACH OTHER. THEY EVEN KISSED SEVERAL TIMES. What has kagome done? Kissed him once in the movie. And here's what takes the cake, Is it possible that the only reasons why InuYasha has feelings for Kagome is because she IS KIKYO'S REINCARNATION. And in turn, Kagome has feelings for InuYasha because of the part of her soul that's Kikyo's yearns for InuYasha.

Anime_lover14

[59]Sep 18, 2007
    • level: 7
    Well I think it would be a tie. They each haft to have one thing with them, But when I think about it Kagome wouldn't even fight kikyou. She would feel like inuyasha would be mad at her because she is trying to kill kikyou. If she did though it would be a tie because one was trained since she was young, and the other has courage, Potential, strength, and Hope. Its a hard one.

sesshy_luver

[60]Sep 18, 2007
    • level: 1
    Kikyo wins by a long shot. i really really really ( really ) hate kagome because she has alot of guys that like her and why can't she stay with a guy from her own time or a guy that only likes her. but i guess she really likes getting her feelings hurt because she always choses to stay with inuyasha so when people say inuyasha hurt her just remmber it was her decision to stay with him when he told her he wanted to protect kikyo :!