Inuyasha Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 0000)

Question and Answer Thread--Post all your short questions

dancingbeatle

[221]Mar 31, 2008
    • level: 45
    Was my last post offensive to someone? Why was it removed? Speaking of Kagome's clothes she only wore her spring/summer outfit once. Happened in episode 11 or 12.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

peineta_love

[222]Mar 31, 2008
    • level: 15
    I don't even know what your comment was..

dancingbeatle

[223]Apr 1, 2008
    Remember what that panther demon said "She wears skimpy clothes". Plus with her legs being exposed she could end up getting cut. This is what should have been #208. Or what is the word "skimpy" offensive?

peineta_love

[224]Apr 2, 2008
    I don't think so..I've seen worse things on tv.com forums than the word skimpy..

SapphireStones

[225]Apr 2, 2008
    HAHAHA!!!!
    some words I've heard/use would make "Skimpy" look like a synonym for "saint".

peineta_love

[226]Apr 2, 2008
    exactly!!! I don't think that is the reason it was deleted or removed or w.e. Did you get a warning or anything?

dancingbeatle

[227]Apr 2, 2008
    Unless I removed it myself, but I don't remember that happening. Its of no importance. I do have a question, though. Does anyone know why in episode #125- "The Darkness in Kagome's Heart", how is it that noone noticed that the old priest was being control by Kagura's dance of the dead? Yet it was noticed in the episode "Tetsusaiga Breaks".
    Edited on 04/02/2008 9:37pm

nopperabo

[228]Apr 3, 2008
    • level: 16

dancingbeatle wrote:
    Was my last post offensive to someone? Why was it removed? Speaking of Kagome's clothes she only wore her spring/summer outfit once. Happened in episode 11 or 12.

Was that her summer uniform (with yura of the demon hair)? I just though she was wearing casual clothes since she had left her fuku in the feudal era (the same reason she was wearing those black Mary Jane's instead of her school penny loafers) That aside Kagome's skirt is short in part because the skirts(or more accuratey kilts) of Japnese school uniforms are usually no longer than knee height anyway. In fact a long skirt with a high school unifrom is often used in magna/anime to desinate a troublemaker or "tough girl", much as sunglasses or a cold mask is used to indiacte a troublemaking boy.

BTW (since I can't figure out how to take quotes from two different posts in the same reply) to the person who specualted that sango and her family were of a different ethnic group than everyone else (and that is why sago's dad looked so young for his age) That's really, really unlikey. Pre-Meji Japan (around when big time foreign cotnact stated) was one of the most ethnically homogenous nations in history. The only ethnich group beasides the Japnese themseves (who I beive orginally came from waht is now Korea, were the Ainu and they only lived in the northern parts of the archepelago. Trust me Sango is from the same ethnic group as everyone else the reason her dad looke so young must be something else.

dancingbeatle

[229]Apr 3, 2008
    Well maybe he was healthy for someone his age. Or they didn't make him 50, but that doesn't seem to make sense. I thought that her spring/summer uniform was the one she wore that looks like her regular outfit with short sleeves. I wonder if there's a map, that shows what part of Japan which event(s) happened there? We know where Kaede's village, and Mt. Hakurei were.

nopperabo

[230]Apr 12, 2008
    Speaking of clothes, I have a question about the very last episode. In that episode kagome hurts her feet by walking into the demon's stomach acid to save Inuyasha. This action also apparantly destroys her (already rather worn out) shoes (hence the much disliked "new shoes" line in the post credit bit). My question concerns the secne after the demon is destroyed, whenb Kagome is having her feet tended to by Kade. Her shoes are not where to be seen (after that bath they probably disintegrated when they were removed. Her socks however are seen (they'e sitting on the step next to her) and they seem to be in supringly good condition for pieces of cotton that have just taken a bath in HCL (that is the active acid in stomachs, right) My question is why the bath didnt eat the socks up as well at least to the ankle (more or less the depth kagome was walking in? should there be a ragged edge where the foot part should be (BTW I pause the tape and check yest those are her socks, NOT the bandages that her feet are wrapped in in the next scene. They're too wide)

dancingbeatle

[231]Apr 14, 2008
    Thus its a glaring mistake from what I can tell. Unless they are trying to say that those are different socks.

nopperabo

[232]Apr 14, 2008
    I lean towards "mistake". I suppose it is possible that Kagome carries a change of socks in her bag thogh why she would bother to take them out and lay them on the steps woulds be beyond me. There is also a sligh possiblity thatr those are the sock from way back in the beginning, when kagome left her clothes in the feudal era to dry (around Yura of the demon hair) though why she would not have retrived them since them would be mystfying. The one thing I'm certain of is that they are NOT a psare pair of Kaede's sock which Kaede is planning to lend kagome to wear back home. Kaede presuably wears Tabi, like eveyone else in the feudal era (at least eveyone else in the feudal era who wears socks) Tabi tend to be very short ankle height things (they would also have a forked toe but the picture is a bit small to see that) I'n not saying Kaede wouln't be happy to lend kagome a pair of socks, in fact I expect that if inuyasha didn carry her back Kaede did lend Kagome a pair of socks (as well as a pair of sandals) to walk back to the bone eaters well, but the pair on the states aren't them.

peineta_love

[233]Apr 30, 2008
    My eyes may be failing me..but is it just me? or does it look like Sesshomaru looks younger in the manga than in the anime? I didn't read the manga from the beginning (I started after the anime stopped) so I don't know if Sesshomaru always looked that young.

dancingbeatle

[234]May 1, 2008
    He does look slightly younger to me, but this has to do with the expression on his face. Such as if he's more wide-eyed. I have a question, and maybe someone can explain this to me. During episode #30 Kirara bit into Naraku, and got a mouthful of poisonious gas. Sango also breathed in the posion, and Naraku said that "nothing can survive an attacked from my poisonious gas, and that includes you Sango." I didn't see Sango getting any medicine. Was this because Kirara breathed in more poison? I mean shouldn't Sango also have been a little sick?
    Edited on 05/03/2008 12:14am

Icemaster20000

[235]May 8, 2008
    • level: 6
    Its questions like these that mess up some events lol

peineta_love

[236]May 8, 2008
    Icemaster20000 wrote:

huh?

dancingbeatle

[237]May 8, 2008
    Icemaster20000 wrote:
    Do you mean my question from before?

Icemaster20000

[238]May 9, 2008
    • level: 6
    dancingbeatle wrote:
    Icemaster20000 wrote:
    Do you mean my question from before?

Lol what I meant to say was its questions like these that make us keep wondering on some of the things in the series. Like if it makes sense or not.

dancingbeatle

[239]May 11, 2008
    Speaking of which, its seems a bit odd to me that in the anime the events happened differently for episode 45. Well I still can't make sense of my earlier question, but maybe she was sick.

Rhen_Var

[240]May 16, 2008
    • level: 9
    Hmm, I don't remember Sango getting hit by that much of the poison and Kirara probably stopped trying to breathe when she got a mouthful.