Inuyasha Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Sango vs. Kagome

Sango or Kagome?

Rafie26

[21]Nov 5, 2008
    • level: 11
    NaNeLove wrote:
    In this show I like Kagome better because, well she makes the show work, she fits in perfectly with Inuyasha and all the weird creature from the past with her curiosity and sarcasm. but when i think about my fave anime girls overall, Idont think kagome I think sango because Sango is a pretty original character

Definitely agree with that.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

vietnamesegrl9

[22]Nov 17, 2008
    • level: 2
    KAGOME ALL THE WAY!

I can't stand Sango.
    She acts as if she's Miroku's mama.

I have a deep admiration towards Kagome... she killed Naraku and is so powerful. I love her~!

They only like SANGO due to her big boomerang, but most of the time shes just slapping Miroku and mourning for her brother. Too boring.

KAGOME ALL THE WAY!

twilightingale

[23]Nov 26, 2008
    vietnamesegrl9 wrote:
    KAGOME ALL THE WAY!

I can't stand Sango.
    She acts as if she's Miroku's mama.
    No she acts like a super jealous girl. a mother would want and maybe even encourage Miroku to go off flirting, and create some grankids while he's at it.

vietnamesegrl9 wrote:
    I have a deep admiration towards Kagome... she killed Naraku and is so powerful. I love her~!
    Your deep admiration is blinding you from Kagome's faults. and don't you even think of saying Kagome's perfect, she's jealous of Kikyo and yells and argues and uses that sit command on Inuyasha for even the dumbest reasons and gets into trouble all the time. even when a demon is about to kill her she just freaking stands there! and of course Inuyasha shows up right then to save her ass. yeah Kagome is soooo powerful during the two or three scenes where she actually gets to do anything!

vietnamesegrl9 wrote:
    They only like SANGO due to her big boomerang, but most of the time shes just slapping Miroku and mourning for her brother. Too boring.

KAGOME ALL THE WAY!
    Nice generalization, that would be like me saying people only like Kagome cause she has arrows that glow.

and of course how dare Sango mourn over her brother! she should be over grieving for him in two seconds flat! i bet if you were in Sango's position you would be acting the same way.

KyuukiKira

[25]Jan 29, 2009
    • level: 7

They both have their pros/cons

Kagome is awesome but she wines to damn much.

Sango is awesome but I hate the way she acts to Miroku.

As 4 fighting - SANGO HANDS DOWN...SHE IS A TOUGH ASS CHICK!!!

omid15

[26]Feb 21, 2009
    • level: 8
    Sango shes awesome and hot

Ranemoraken

[28]Aug 27, 2009
    • level: 20
    Even though this is an Old thread, I have problems with all three of these women. There are aspects that I enjoy, but they each have one trait that is crushingly unsympathetic.

Of the three, Kikyo's flaw is how cold she is. If she had gotten a rise out of Kagome where the two of them truly vented their emotions, then I would have been amused. But Kagome never rose to that, so it felt like they could never get closure. Kagome's flaw is her completely infalliable spirit. She was absolutely pure, and while she'd snap and get pissed, it wasn't true seething rage. There were a lot of emotions she never expressed, and thus is not a versatile character. I suppose this is in fault of the dub, as the only moment she was enraged, (Tsubaki) in which I didn't feel the emotion from the actress. Sango's flaw is the most palpable of three. while certainly strong, her self-wilting depression holds her back greatly. She can't rise beyond this conflict, AND IT STAYS THROUGHOUT THE STORY! Her character doesn't change.

Kagome doesn't change either - which is the point of her characeter. It's annoying, but it's intentional.

Kikyo's character was a transition from rage into compassion where she decides to use her life to save a boy instead of destroying Naraku. It was the pinnacle moment of redemption for her wayward soul.

vietnamesegrl9

[29]Aug 27, 2009
    Um, I read the manga and I see Kagome had character development. I saw her more firm and more stronger emotionally.

Sango had no character development to me whats so ever. None at all.

Ranemoraken

[30]Sep 2, 2009
    • level: 20
    the development was Kagome overcoming Kikyo and Inuyasha's relationship. Later, Inuyasha consistently protects her, and they bond there as well. It never truly becomes romantic - that all takes place off camera. Miroku's and Sango's relationship at least escalates.

Tinkerbellv101

[31]Dec 25, 2009
    • level: 8
    I thick there both pretty awsome characters. But i personal like Kagome better.
    Edited on 01/05/2010 11:06pm

Anime_lover14

[32]Jan 17, 2010
    • level: 7
    I love Kagome, She is my favorite Character, She is always thinking about others, she is just awesome.

hueyf

[33]Jun 25, 2010
    • level: 6

I like kagome better but in a fight i like sango

neoyamato_pi

[34]Jun 25, 2010
    • level: 26

Well, overall, I prefer Kagome, despite several things; though when it comes to fighting I'd choose Sango.