Inuyasha Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Shouldn't there be a new episode guide here at tv.com?

-Master_K-

[1]Oct 8, 2009
    • level: 37

Yes I know its the conclusion of the series, it's still a new anime and should receive its own guide like Naruto and it's continuation as well as Dragon Ball and Z.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

deershadow

[2]Oct 8, 2009
    • level: 59
    -shrugs- It's been done both ways on tv.com. Some guides are separate, and some guides are merged. Take Kamen Rider or Pokemon or Digimon for example, they're all merged guides of different shows because they belong to the same franchise.

Because the staff do not have a set of specified rules regarding what to do in case of continuations, I say either method could be used. And since some of the new episodes have already been added to the original guide, it'd be a hell of a lot of trouble to remove them now; the staff have been neglecting the episode deletion thread in the Editors' Lounge for quite some time now...

Oh, and you can't use Naruto for your example, Shippuden was once merged with the original Naruto guide; it was only separated after the company providing the Shippuden videos requested a separate guide.

-Master_K-

[3]Oct 9, 2009
    When there's a five year gap between seasons, I think it deserves a new guide.

deershadow

[4]Oct 9, 2009
    Five isn't long at all, Kamen Rider covers four decades' worth of shows...

Using your logic, shows like Naruto Shippuden and Dragon Ball Z, who start off soon after the original finishes, should be merged. And yet you're using them as examples of why guides should be separated.

Disregarding the company's request, the only defense I can think of for Naruto Shippuden would be the time skip in the story. I haven't seen much of neither Dragon Ball nor Z, but I'm under the impression that in Dragon Ball, the characters are kids, and in Z, they are adults. That's a rather large time skip, no?

So then, you're saying shows that have a time skip in the story should have their own guide? In terms of IY, the story takes off right where the first one did. No spinoffs, and no time skips. I don't see any problem with it being in the original guide.

As I said before, there is no set standard here. You'll find merged guides for some shows, and separated guides for some shows. You'll find shows that have both English and Japanese cast listed, and shows that have two guides, one for each language. The method used varies depending on each show and each person who contributes to the guides.

sesho2022

[5]Oct 10, 2009
    • level: 47
    Everybody makes some good points. The reasons that I finally decided to just add the episodes here, instead of asking staff to start a new guide are as follows: (1) This show hasn't yet aired on American TV, which was one of the rules here for allowing a new show, otherwise we'd have a lot more foreign shows than we do (2) the show is airing now on the web--people can get the new information more quickly by not waiting for a new guide and (3) the new episodes are a continuation of the same story with the same voice actors: This is not a spinoff with a new slant that would definitely need a new guide.
    Edited on 10/10/2009 6:20pm
    Edited 2 total times.

-Master_K-

[6]Oct 10, 2009
    I was just trying to save you the trouble since Viz will request a new guide when the dub starts anyways..... I guess we'll have to wait, doesn't make much of a difference to me.

-Master_K-

[7]Oct 10, 2009

deershadow wrote:
    Five isn't long at all, Kamen Rider covers four decades' worth of shows... Using your logic, shows like Naruto Shippuden and Dragon Ball Z, who start off soon after the original finishes, should be merged. And yet you're using them as examples of why guides should be separated. Disregarding the company's request, the only defense I can think of for Naruto Shippuden would be the time skip in the story. I haven't seen much of neither Dragon Ball nor Z, but I'm under the impression that in Dragon Ball, the characters are kids, and in Z, they are adults. That's a rather large time skip, no? So then, you're saying shows that have a time skip in the story should have their own guide? In terms of IY, the story takes off right where the first one did. No spinoffs, and no time skips. I don't see any problem with it being in the original guide. As I said before, there is no set standard here. You'll find merged guides for some shows, and separated guides for some shows. You'll find shows that have both English and Japanese cast listed, and shows that have two guides, one for each language. The method used varies depending on each show and each person who contributes to the guides.

In Japan, Dragon Ball Z premiered the week after Dragon Ball and in the manga there was no name change..... the time skip was very small (five years in the manga) but they're still adults at the end of Dragon Ball. I'm not saying mangas with timeskips should have a different guide, I'm saying anime with different names ("Shippuden", "Dragon Ball Z" "Kanketsu-Hen") that will be marketed in North America as separate series deserve separate guides.

animation_luver

[8]Oct 11, 2009
    • level: 3
    sesho2022 wrote:
    Everybody makes some good points. The reasons that I finally decided to just add the episodes here, instead of asking staff to start a new guide are as follows: (1) This show hasn't yet aired on American TV, which was one of the rules here for allowing a new show, otherwise we'd have a lot more foreign shows than we do (2) the show is airing now on the web--people can get the new information more quickly by not waiting for a new guide and (3) the new episodes are a continuation of the same story with the same voice actors: This is not a spinoff with a new slant that would definitely need a new guide.
    not to mention that this series is only 26 episoes long (according to the rumors anyways) so its really not necessary we can just think if it as returning from hiatus

inuyashaxfanx23

[9]Nov 9, 2009
    • level: 4
    what channel is it on and what station?

deershadow

[10]Nov 9, 2009
    -Master_K- wrote:
    I was just trying to save you the trouble since Viz will request a new guide when the dub starts anyways..... I guess we'll have to wait, doesn't make much of a difference to me.
    I'm curious to know why you think that would happen... Shippuden is an exception, not the standard practice.

-Master_K- wrote:
    I'm not saying mangas with timeskips should have a different guide, I'm saying anime with different names ("Shippuden", "Dragon Ball Z" "Kanketsu-Hen") that will be marketed in North America as separate series deserve separate guides.
    Oh my... many, many shows would need new guides if they were separated based only on a name change/addition. That would be an awful lot of work for what I doubt many would believe is really, truly necessary. Can't the name addition just be mentioned in the show summary?

inuyashaxfanx23 wrote:
    What country? It's airing on Yomiuri TV in Japan, but it hasn't yet been dubbed in English, so it won't be available on TV in the United States until at least then.
    Edited on 11/09/2009 10:47pm

sesho2022

[11]Nov 10, 2009
    • level: 47
    inuyashaxfanx23 wrote:

You can watch it on Hulu.com, with English subtitles. In Asia, it's airing on another website.

tweenboy

[12]Jan 17, 2010
    • level: 9
    -Master_K- wrote:
    When there's a five year gap between seasons, I think it deserves a new guide.

I think your about right!But i like how its still like Inuyasha is airing,the Inuyasha we all knew and loved!