Inuyasha

Kagome's Voice and Kikyo's Kiss

Aired Saturday 11:00 PM Jan 14, 2003 on Cartoon Network

• Kikyo attempts to take Inuyasha down to hell with her while Kagome is paralyzing, having watch them together.

I definitely didn't like this ep. at all, 2.0 is more than generous. It was well-written, I give it that, but I'm a huge fan of the Kagome-Inuyasha relationship. Given the time I spent with the series, I figured I'd watch this one one last time and record it for my script files so I'll never have to watch it again.
    I've grown really tolerate Kikyo over the past few months and ever like her. Here, she is just plain evil. I can't feel her caring about Inuyasha at all, it's more of a front to convince him to die like she. She wants to take him to hell with her... like Kagome said "that's not fair". She had her chance at living, so the least she can do is let Inuyasha live the good life. I can understand from his viewpoint cuz he'd be with Kikyo, but from her viewpoint, doing so is more out of revenge than being with him. After all, he was given a 2nd chance at life and still has a lot to do. She was just resurrected, but is still technically dead. I do kinda feel bad for her when Inuyasha rushes to Kagome, but the feeling doesn't last thing. If anything, I can't stand this one and only watched it to get quotes to analyze the Inu-Kikyo relationship further. I really can't stand it when Kikyo tries to hurt Inuyasha when he all can do is love her. With her cruel intentions, his heart-felt words almost disgust me, now they're echoing in my head cuz I heard them so many times. OSUWARI!