Inuyasha

The Secret of the Pure Light

Aired Saturday 11:00 PM Jul 09, 2005 on Cartoon Network

• Kagome, Sango, and Miroku awaken to learn that three of the band of seven are dead, or at least, out of commission. They then head to a village to encounter Dr. Suikotsu. They learn of a Suikotsu, an evil man, but not like this one. Then comes a *yawn* su

This episode, while not the best in the series, did some nice things for me. It got me thinking. What did these writers drink the past several months? The last couple episodes were fueled with action (not that it's bad). It reminded me of Star Wars: Attack of the Clones. Action every 5 minutes. Or in this case, several times an episode.

Alright, moving on. How is it Inuyasha can't be tired after all the battling? I image these battles took place over several days, and with Miroku, Sango and Kagome almost dead, how could Inuyasha have slept enough to fight so many people off?

I think bringing Kikyo into the mix again is not such a great idea. It's just one more character to take up screen time and no real purpose. Maybe later she will (perhaps next episode), but she had no purpose this time around. I know it was early and Miroku, Kagome and Sango just awoke from their slumber, but them fighting would have been nice, they'd been lifeless bodies for a long time now. I do, however, understand Inuyasha's reasons for keeping them out of battle. Well, now I suppose I'm rambling on.

Note to Adult Swim viewers: They now use the opening sequence and fillers between episode and commercial, cool huh?

Alright, time to finish off this review, how about finishing off the Band of Seven and returning to other matters? How about Naraku? He's been mysteriously absent lately, any huge plans in order? All in all, despite it being nothing but a filler episode to bide our time with, with no huge event taking place (besides revealing another Band of Seven), it was a good episode. Next one should be gooooood. Later.