Invader ZIM

Nickelodeon (ended 2006)

Invader ZIM Fan Reviews (489)

• OMG, I love Invader Zim. Gir is absolutely hilarious!

The Ireken Army is now taking over planets and worlds across the galaxy. When Zim, an insane invader who was banished from the planet suddenly shows up once again, the planet's rulers, The Tallest, decide to send Zim to a planet so mysterious no one dare speak it's name. It turns out to be earth and with the help of his robotic sidekick, Gir, Zim might just be able to take over our earth after all. But when he makes enemies with a fellow human, Dib, things might just end up as bad as it can get! Goods: Just about everything! Invader Zim may not have the best animation, but don't let that mislead you. I mean, this cartoon is probably the best I've ever seen in my life. I love the jokes they put in. Many of them are legendary. While not all the episodes are perfect, I like over half of them. I remember when my cousins first showed me Invader Zim. When I saw it, I was like, "How can you make a cartoon out of this?" But I watched it, and now it's my favorite cartoon. This show is just...outstanding in its comedy. The writers are just so talented, and the voice actors do a wonderful job at their characters. Anyways, I love the many ways Zim tries to take over the world. They're almost all funny. But more than anything, I love Gir. He's gotta be my favorite one in the series! He's funny, cute, and just such a good character. The Bads: It was canceled too early. I don't know the real reason why it was canceled. I heard that Jhonen left because of his comics, I heard that Nick and Jhonen hated working together, I've heard that it wasn't getting enough ratings (well can you blame it? I hadn't heard of the show since I begun crawling around the Internet more), I've heard a lot of things! So I don't know the real true reason why, but all I know is, it's been canceled. Anyway, I wish Zim would return to TV eventually, cause I miss him and truthfully, I don't think he was given a fair chance!