Invasion Forums

ABC (ended 2006)

Invasion is NOT returning!

123home123

[1]Feb 1, 2008
    • level: 55
    Some Internet trolls seem to be preying on the hopes of Invasion fans by posting false rumors about the return of the series. No authoritative source has posted any such story. The two primary actors, William Fichtner and Eddie Cibrian, are associated with other network television series, making it highly unlikely that either would be available to return to Invasion. Frankly, there is no point in bringing the show back without either of those two actors, especially William Fichtner.

Someone posted a false announcement on the Wikipedia article for the series. That information has now been corrected. (See the other thread for reasons to be wary of any such announcements posted on Wikipedia, unless there is a link to the primary source.)

Please analyze any such rumors and announcements carefully. Unless a reliable source is cited and linked to, such announcements are likely to be false. The unavailability of William Fichtner and Eddie Cibrian means that Invasion has about a zero percent chance of being revived in the immediate future.

This is not to say that at some point, the main actors and producers couldn't get together and revive the show, but it's much more difficult to do so in a series that relies upon an ensemble cast. I know of at least two other network series that were partially revived years later (Hunter and The Pretender) but both of those shows had relatively few main characters. It was possible to revive those shows with only two or three of the main actors.

Maybe Invasion could be revived in a different format, with one group of survivors chasing Tom. Moving the story away from the town could allow the writers to explain the absence of many of the characters, but they would still need Fichtner and Cibrian. Otherwise, it would feel like a completely unrelated show or TV movie, like those direct-to-DVD sequels you see on discount shelves.

If anyone comes across one of these rumors, think it through. Does the announcement make any sense at all? If not, then chalk it up as an Internet troll taking advantage of the confusion caused by the writers' strike and feeding off the misdirection of television fans who don't have many new shows to watch these days.
    Edited on 02/01/2008 9:05pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mini2z

[2]Feb 3, 2008
    • level: 41
    Thanks 123 for posting this! Also any posts saying it's coming back WILL be deleted!
    Edited on 02/03/2008 4:34am

Air-man77

[3]Feb 4, 2008
    • level: 7

C'est vraiment dommage que Invasion ne revienne pas dans l'immediat. Ca serait une excellente idée, la serie est de plus en plus apprecié en France et une saison 2 ou une suite directe se fait attendre.

Please Shaun Cassidy, Bring It Back The Show again!!!

tielfeathers

[4]Feb 15, 2008
    • level: 1
    I sure would love to see Invasion come back, but not without William Fichtner and Eddie Cibrian. In fact, it needs the whole crew. The one gal I was talking to, whose husband plays on CSI LA, said they were trying to work in new scripts for Invasion to return, but they don't know yet how the production company will respond. She said some actors do play roles in more than one show, so thought it was possible William Fichtner could play both and then have one of the characters killed off or deleted from the other show. But it's all speculation. I was just really, really disappointed when they left a cliffhanger and didn't bring it back again. I also felt it was unfair to judge their ratings the way they did, because they kept putting this show on hiatus so many times that yes, many people got tired of waiting for 4-6 weeks between episodes. I bet if they had run it straight through instead of putting in other odds and ends, the show would have been a much bigger success. I know I hate it when they keep interrupting a show to introduce a new series, which is usually pretty stupid, anyway, then get back to the regular show 4 weeks later, or a couple months later. Frustrating!!!! JMO!!!
    Edited on 02/15/2008 10:02pm

Air-man77

[5]Feb 19, 2008
    • level: 7

Save Shaun Cassidy's Invasion, Bring It Back.

http://www.petitiononline.com/33030/petition.html

mnichols7

[6]Feb 19, 2008
    • level: 3
    I just finish watching the DVDs and I just feel like I haven't had my second course to a meal and I am still hungry. I don't know if a petition given to Shaun Cassidy or ABC would bring about a resurrection of the series. Was the ratings for the show that low?

mnichols7

[7]Feb 19, 2008
    • level: 3
    Ooops! Just saw thw last post.

xorbi

[8]Jan 17, 2009
    Oh my god how can they end the series there, i miss Larkin.

InvasionFanbOy

[9]Jan 22, 2009
    • level: 8
    i dont give up hope that easly, the old episodes are aired Jan. 23 on the sci fi channel in 2009. hopefully this will bring us a second season and with a final conclusion.

123home123

[10]Jan 29, 2009
    • level: 55
    It's been almost 3 years since the show was canceled. It's extremely rare for a series to be revived after such a long layoff, especially one that only lasted one season. Sorry but the chances are slim to none that this series is coming back with new episodes.

Pjcully

[11]Aug 18, 2009
    It's a shame that series like lost and prison break get constant series and inevitably lose their way, and their plot. Wheras invasion could be concluded well in a final season. I think it's morally wrong for tv execs to pull a show after commissioning 22 episodes! It once again shows that these corporate deviants care nothing for their viwers and that quality tv is a minority. Anyone remember firefly??? But relax people, we can survive and coexist in the full an heartwarming knowledge that shows like beauty and the geek and x factor will always be here for they don't require talent, just people who think they're talented!!!