Invasion Forums

ABC (ended 2006)

What would have happened in season 2 of Invasion

mini2z

[1]Aug 9, 2006
    • level: 41
    Question: Will Invasion be back this fall? I love that show — Judy Rea

Ausiello: Under normal circumstances, I'd say something really mean to you for asking such a ludicrous question. But since I have some Invasion poop to impart, I'm going to restrain myself and just be thankful someone asked an Invasion question at all this week. Now, while I was talking to Tyler Labine about Boston Legal, the Chatty Cathy shared with me a personal conversation he had with series creator Shaun Cassidy about what would have happened during Season 2 of Invasion. True, I wasn't exactly the most religious Invasion viewer, but I know big scoop when I hear it: "Shaun told me Larkin was going to [be presumed dead]. I was going to get all militant and shave my head, and Russell and I were going to join forces against Tom. Tom was going to find out that his first wife was actually alive, and she was running this whole military operation, and she was Szura's boss." That's big scoop, right?

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Ausiello/AskAusiello/

This was taken from Ask Ausiello at tvguide.com
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

sfviewer

[2]Aug 10, 2006
    • level: 27
    it's a good theory, maybe Tom will be imprisoned by the air force for being an accessory to a crime (rebellion), maybe Larkin will come back as a hybrid and thinks that she had a miscarriage, and everyone around her wouldn't tell her that she is already a hybrid.

shaun cassidy should make a movie or a mini series, or at least transfer the show to sci fi channel.

archangelcory16

[3]Aug 16, 2006
    • level: 32
    I'm *finally* over Invasion...I now don't even care anymore. I don't know why I bother with TV at all.

HeavenWood

[4]Aug 21, 2006
    • level: 19
    sounds like it would have been a good season. Why Tom's first wife still a live or perhaps her hybrid.

SandyL2876

[5]Sep 18, 2006
    • level: 1
    That is the most intelligent idea I have heard all week! The sci-fi channel would be a perfect place for shows such as Invasion and Surface that we all enjoy! However, the question of the day is....Who's going to pay for those big actors and actresses paychecks at the Sc-fi channel? Still an ingenious idea!

SandyL2876

[6]Sep 18, 2006
    That's exactly how my husband feels...the only thing he watches on T.V. is wells, sports #1, then 24 then Invasion and Surface! Now he refuses to get into anything new because he's like, "What's the use there going to cancel it at the end of the season anyway"...it's quite sad!

toyzrus

[7]Sep 20, 2006

These People should not have the right to play with people minds!!!!!!!!!!!!! they could have completed the show if it wasn't going to run this year. I never missed a show. It was slow to start but turned out to be a great show. I would love to see some closer at least if not a mini series!!!!!!

toyzrus

[8]Sep 20, 2006
    We don't realize what we had until they take it away from us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

starspike

[9]Oct 1, 2006
    • level: 9
    Yeah I just finished watching the series... And what in godsname were they thinking when they cancelled this.
    The premise for season 2 sounded good btw.

Liebran

[10]Oct 2, 2006
    WHY IS THIS SHOW CANCELLED???? Give us a good reason.  I loved it,  now I wanted to see what would happen to Larkin in the water....PLEASE CONSIDER PUTTING IT BACK ON.   Karen  Shaver, aka Liebran

nick3333

[11]Oct 3, 2006
    • level: 5
    I want to see that. BRING BACK INVASION!

palomino45

[12]Oct 6, 2006
    I really want invasion back but does commenting on the web make any difference?  Does the Man even know about the people who are disappointed about no season 2? He really should just stick to the episodes that get canceled like invasion.. Just make them better... duh.. Or just have it on another channel. duh...

angela3867

[13]Oct 24, 2006
    I can't believe Invasion is over!  It was an outstanding show and will be dearly missed.  I kept waiting for it to show up in the ABC lineup, but it's never been mentioned.  To my shock, I find out that it's never coming back on.  I just got the first season on DVD and am extremely discouraged by ABC's lack of vision when it comes to this show.  Hopefully it's not too late for Shaun Cassidy to find another backer for this ingenious series.

trustno1uk

[14]Jan 9, 2007
    • level: 9
    The reason Invasion failed was because of ABC's poor handling of the time slops. This show was competing with too many other shows

trustno1uk wrote:
    Your thoughts on what could and should have happened on Invasion for the second series and beyond.

Added this to your post as there was already a thread for this topic - mini2z
    Edited on 01/31/2007 5:56pm

mini2z

[15]Apr 5, 2007
    • level: 41
    What did you think would have happened to tthe charactor Larkin if the show continued for season 2? Posted by farscapefanuk

Added here as it is the proper spot.

Moby1969

[16]Jul 21, 2007
    • level: 3
    Yeah, what would have happened to Larkin is the big question. If she didn't get rejected, would her baby have disappeared? I think so. Given the original body would have died, and the replacement body was grown as new.

Other questions:
    - What were the offspring?
    - Would the mothers taken into the water have been returned? Or was that the end of them

Anyone else have any other questions they felt unanswered? I'd like to have seen Tom get his wedding ring back.

Great show. The ending built up very well. I like how once again there is a moral question mark over the town sheriff (just like American Gothic) where in the end you end up rooting for him. I do feel that the series changed tack a bit much though, when it went from a few hybrids suddenly to a lot - but it made it better.

Shaun Cassidy isn't having much luck with TV shows though...

JamesEMR

[17]Jul 23, 2007

It's a real pity that shows don't get a chance to attract their audiences anymore...but I think it's a case of actors production staff and television execs pricing themselves out of the market - in order to make money these days, a series has to be a run away hit and you can't really expect the bottomline not to have an impact on shows.

That said, I do agree that it should be mandatory that before a station be allowed to broadcast any serial television they should be required to film a 'closing episode/s' for cancelled shows. It would certainly at least give some sense of a complete product to the viewing audience.

On the possibilities that might have lain in Season 2, I wouldn't say that Larkin's child would automatically have been a pregancy deleted. In fact it would seem to me to be a really good way for the writers to introduce more elements of what are these hybrids all about and just exactly what is the nature of these lights in the water. If Larkin's child were to be cloned along with her, it would certainly be less on the human side and more on the 'alien'...

If Larkin weren't found for a while, once can imagine she'd appear with that child already born, the dynamics there would be interesting. How much would Larkin have changed? I also don't think that the show really explored much of the co-existance concept between Hybrid and Human, despite the 'bad element' being handed in Szura's care, the hybrids were heard about and saw in Season 1 tended to reject their unchanged relatives and loved ones...which made it hard to believe that Mariel wasn't more the sport than the majority.

Moby1969

[18]Jul 23, 2007
    • level: 3
    I agree with what you said on the closeup of series. It should be contractual for every series that if the studio decides to cancel that the makers have the option of a closing episode or telemovie to wrap it up if they find it necessary. I just watched the deleted scenes from Invasion and was glad to see Tom did get his wedding ring back.

I was however happier with the ending of invasion than say Tru Calling. That still makes my blood boil the end of Tru Calling. Invasion didn't end too badly I felt.

And TV as a whole - I can't wait until the world moves to a more realistic 21st century distribution model. Me, I do not watch any TV. None at all. I wait for the DVDs. I don't even bit torrent stuff. But the amount of people downloading tv series in countries where they aren't available should be an indication that there is a big market. Not that I have stats or anything... But I get the feeling that with downloading and DVD there has been a big shift with how people watch television. I know ITunes have video downloads now, but you can't get it where I live (Australia). So stupid antiquated regional protectionism looses them money, leaving consumers with no alternative to bit torrent or waiting for the DVDs if they are patient like myself. I'm getting a little off track here, but I get infuriated by regionalism with stuff when it means that I can not buy something because they can't be bothered to sell it in my area, or don't have a basic rule that it is ok to sell if the local distributor doesn't sell it. Not to mention the stupidity - you can get show X on itunes at the same time it is showing on TV. But if you live in a country where show X is not airing, you can't. Where would the bigger market be?

How much money do studios make with DVD sales compared to the old VHS sales - and DVD sales vs how much they get from advertising. I'd love to see figures. Studios have already admitted that theatrical releases for Movies have now turned into expensive advertising for DVD sales. How does this figure with TV? Can TV series start being produced on the basis of DVD sales alone yet, like movies definitely can? And if they opened up the online sales, how would that figure into the equation?

david02917

[19]Aug 10, 2007
    • level: 6
    it was a great show but the timeslot really made it cancelled. I began watching it after it was realeased. I don't even stay up that late so I never watched it

fieke28

[20]Aug 31, 2007
    • level: 12

palomino45 wrote:
    I really want invasion back but does commenting on the web make any difference? Does the Man even know about the people who are disappointed about no season 2? He really should just stick to the episodes that get canceled like invasion.. Just make them better... duh.. Or just have it on another channel. duh...

You are totally right that commenting on the web doesn't help, but it's just such a shame that they cancelled this show! And make the show better? That's almost impossible, it's already so great!

But I think it would have been a great idea if the show went to the sci-fi channel!

There are enough sites, like saveinvasion.com, and so on, so there's nothing you can do about it anymore! It's just sad!