Iron Chef Japan Forums

Daily 11:00 PM on Fine LivingIn Season

Iron Chef returns to US TV

brandi1leigh

[1]Apr 28, 2008
    • level: 62
    The Fine Living Channel is going to start broadcasting Iron Chef! As far as I can tell episodes start May 5th with Battle Mango.

Amusingly (or not), after the controversy here at TV.com about how to label shows, Fine Living is calling it Iron Chef Japan.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

NozeNuggets

[2]May 4, 2008
    • level: 37
    Of course, this is not to be confusled with Iron Chef America on Food Network, their elder sibling channel.

gophone

[3]May 5, 2008
    • level: 39
    I am so happy Iron chef is back on TV. I can never fine the DVD's so now I can get my Iron Chef fix again.

JAWBREAKERS

[4]Aug 12, 2008
    • level: 1
    For some reason, these new airings have different music, though the voices are all still the same. I don't know why this is, but the new audio sounds like some midi synth someone put together in five minutes. It's a shame for me because the music was such a great part of the series, and the new music sounds like it belongs more in a video game than a TV show.

Oh, well; I guess beggars can't be choosers.

enervator

[5]Aug 20, 2008
    • level: 38

JAWBREAKERS wrote:
    For some reason, these new airings have different music, though the voices are all still the same. I don't know why this is, but the new audio sounds like some midi synth someone put together in five minutes. It's a shame for me because the music was such a great part of the series, and the new music sounds like it belongs more in a video game than a TV show. Oh, well; I guess beggars can't be choosers.

I just noticed a few days ago that this was back, and am very happy about it. But I was disappointed that the music is different. It's a bit distracting when you expect that grand, majestic music and get something far less. I guess they must have lost the rights to that music. It's too bad, but it's still great to see this again. The US version just doesn't compare.

danharr

[6]Aug 28, 2008
    • level: 45
    I'm watching my first fineliving version of the show today and I'm saddened by the death of the theme music as well but for me it's my first time seeing the show in hd and it's wonderful

danharr

[7]Aug 28, 2008
    • level: 45
    Yea I'm going to fineliving.com to find out whats up with that music my goodness they even screwed up the chefs intro into the stadium

bconn30

[8]Aug 31, 2008
    • level: 3

Unfortunately they couldn't get the rights to the Backdraft music from Universal, or they didn't want to pay for it (according to Wikipedia anyway). This show still rocks though, even with the cheesy synth music! I've learned so much about exotic foods and ingredients that I probably wouldn't come in contact with, and some of which I would totally not eat (like blow fish soft roe). I'm actually whatching it right now. Dr. Hattori V. Michiba! Somehow I don't think the good doctor will win the people ovation and fame forever!

Edited on 08/30/2008 11:15pm
    Edited 2 total times.

brandi1leigh

[9]Sep 4, 2008
    • level: 62
    I noticed the weird music as well. I even made a note about it on the guide for the first episode that Fine Living aired. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only person who was bothered by it.

RedSoxFan274

[10]Sep 12, 2008
    • level: 14

danharr wrote:
    Yea I'm going to fineliving.com to find out whats up with that music my goodness they even screwed up the chefs intro into the stadium

Something about the music seemed different to me, but I wasn't sure if it was different since it had been like 3 years since I had seen it. BTW, I used to watch it all the time and I am getting back into the groove of it now. Somehow, ICA doesn't attract me as nearly as much as IC does.

P.S. Enough Chen Kenichi already! He's been in like every battle since I started watching this again...how about a little Morimoto or Sakai for once?

Krissy24

[11]Jan 12, 2010
    • level: 10
    i just heard about iron chef being back on....i was so happy because i have been catching up on episodes on youtube....i can handle the change in music but to me it seems like some of the voices are different. Chairman Kaga voice seem different and what really bug me was that commentator, Yukio Hattori voice was really wrong.