It Takes a Thief Forums

Discovery Channel

New show format..

GolfDude825

[1]Oct 16, 2006
    • level: 32
    Now he robs without telling them when, and the owners don't watch it happen, but the camera follows the family to whereever without telling them... and the producers do all the talking.. and the break in is time lapsed at some points... then they let the family walk into the scene without Matt, and then Matt steps in, but they don't even meet Matt until after the break in... and then they all go to the van to watch the recap...
    Edited on 09/10/2008 11:32pm
    Edited 4 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

chuck7719

[2]Jan 9, 2007
    • level: 6
    I haven't seen any of the old format but there is no way that this show could be any better than the way that it is now!

phyconess

[3]Jan 19, 2007
    • level: 12
    I like it like this. To some extent it's more real. I mean, if you were really about to get robbed, would you be able to lock up how you wanted to, and then watch it happen? You wouldn't get the real effect of the break-in that way either.

bbyboop1977

[4]Jan 20, 2007
    • level: 10
    I've seen the old format and I do not like it. It's better the way it is now.

CSM135

[5]Jan 21, 2007
    • level: 22
    I like the new format as well. Its more realistic.

TBones22

[6]Feb 24, 2007
    • level: 10
    I saw the old format for the first time last night and I have to say i like the new one a lot better. But how do they get the cameras in the house? what do they say to the homeowners? I haven't seen all the episodes so I'm not sure.
    Edited on 09/10/2008 11:34pm

fluffybear

[7]Mar 10, 2007
    • level: 19
    Personally, I am not happy with the new format. Yes, It is better than the old format but the problem comes in with the reactions of the host family. I do not mean just after the break-in but if they happen to stumble in as well. One episode comes straight to mind. This episode has the nanny walking through the house and does not notice Jon behind the bedroom door. If you look closely (helps to have a 73") at her movements, you can tell she knew Jon was there and had a hard time ignoring him. I realize there is no good way to handle this. After the break-in, some of these home owners really HAM up their reactions. Naturally they knew the break-in was staged as all the fancy equipment (something a thief might love) was still there. I would like to see one episode where most of the equipment was gone as well. Have Jon and Matt walk up the house right away (maybe with a cop in tow) and tell the family that when Jon broke in that he discovered that house had been broken in to? Could you imagine the reactions we would get if the family thought the break-in were for real and there was no video of it?
    Edited on 09/10/2008 11:39pm
    Edited 2 total times.