Wednesday 10:00 PM on FXX

Head on down to Paddy's Pub and order a round of beers, because the It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia gang will be back for Seasons 11 and 12... you know, AFTER Season 10 airs. FX Networks announced today that it's signed a new three-year production deal with Always Sunny creators Rob McElhenney, Charlie Day, and Glenn Howerton and their company RCG Productions. That deal includes two more 10-episode seasons of Always Sunny, making it the longest-running live-action comedy series in cable history. Twelve seasons also means Always Sunny will be tied with My Three Sons for the title of longest-running live-action comedy series in TV history (as opposed to just on cable). So much for that rumor from last summer about Paddy's closing up shop after Season 10!

The deal also includes a straight-to-series order for a new half-hour comedy series starring Tracy Morgan. There aren't many details available yet, but the project comes from McElhenney, Day, Howerton, and Luvh Rakhe; it's currently labeled The Untitled Tracy Morgan Project and it will be paired with Always Sunny's upcoming tenth season in January 2015. 

Finally, in addition to the two extra seasons for Always Sunny and a paycheck for Morgan, the deal includes a to-be-announced comedy pilot order; a script order for Harder, which was written by Scott Marder and Howerton; a script order for Blow Up Dolls, which was written by and stars Sarah Solemani (The Wrong Mans); and a script order for We're Good, Thanks, which was written by Mary Elizabeth Ellis (Always Sunny's Waitress and the real-life wife of Charlie Day), Artemis Pebdani, and Day, with Ellis and Pebdani attached to star. 

thekaitling:list:are-you-excited-for-two-more-seasons-of-its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia/

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 1/18/2017

Season 12 : Episode 3

Next Episode

AIRS ON 1/25/2017

Season 12 : Episode 4

68 Comments
Comments (68)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
The best test for me is if I am eager to watch every week, unfortunately IASIP has gone the same way as Archer the last couple of series have just lost that spark. They should have done a 10th series and then moved on, one of my major gripes with TV is that stuff goes on too long, either 24 episodes of a series that can only support 13-15 or 10 series of a show that's no longer as funny as it used to be. I always find it weird that fans are blinded to the fact that more is not always a good thing, first and foremost you should want the show to stay good, and if it's not going to do that it should end.

Flag
Seems strange to think Always Sunny would go that far. One season renewal? Yeah ok, I can see it. Two seasons? Surprising.

Flag
I think Tracy Morgan should probably be a film star by now. What happened? Guess he ran his mouth off too much.
Flag
Sweet Dee is saved.
Great news. :)
Flag
Cool. Sure, I'm one of those folks who still considers the first 5 seasons the show's glory years, but particularly because the number of sitcoms I'm watching lately are falling off, I'll take whatever fun comedy I can get. And Sunny still provides some good stuff.

Cool to see them getting deals to do other stuff too. I'd love to see what they can do with Tracy Morgan, ha.
Flag
I have to wait until January 2015 for season 10?
Flag
whoo hoo!!!! Paddy's!!!
Flag
I wouldn't say I'm excited for it, I'll keep watching but I honestly get kind of tired of comedies when they go on too long because nothing gets done, aside from Frank joining the group the plot hasn't moved forward whatsoever, it can get a little boring.
Flag
First of all the seasons are more or less just 10 episodes each so it's not like we've been overwhelmed by too many episodes unlike some other well known comedy series..

And second what plot? It's a wacky show about a family always scheming to either to get rich or screw each other over. It's not a drama so they don't need much character development just give us some hilarity.. Kinda like what Monty Python did.
Flag
Great news! Definitely the most underrated comedy on tv.
Flag
Loving this news. Such a good series.
Flag
I guess it's good news for Sunny. It's still pretty funny but 10 seasons would be plenty. I doubt they'll keep up the standard.
Flag
Why is everybody worried about them running too long? Their longest season has been 15 episodes. Think about it this way - they went on the air at the same time as How I Met Your Mother (which sucks), yet have produced exactly half of the episodes as that series up until this point.
Flag
Yeah, more Charlie ! I LOVE Charlie.
Flag
Well, I guess IASIP is really cheap to produce. I just hope they understand to end the show before it goes on for too long. 12 seasons is pushing it.
Flag
Amazing news, one of my favourite shows on TV. Also the fact that they are both the writers and stars of it moves it far above most comedies in my eyes, something only South Park can claim as well.
Flag
Iwas gonna come in here and reply: HELL YEAH!
And I see that's the first option of the poll! :) haha
Good stuff!
Flag
I like It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, so in a way i am glad it is renewed it is getting better and better. But as i recall the reason for wanting to stop after the tenth season, was so that the audience wouldn't grow tired of the show, wasn't it? I guess that reason perhaps should have made them think twice, but let's see how those 2 extra seasons will be.
Flag
So glad, love this show, this last season was hilarious
Flag
awesome. I don't get all of the "too long" crap coming from supposed fans. it's not like there's a surplus of quality live action comedy and you would have us deprived of some because it's not as fresh as it once was? neither are you.
Flag
Give a few more years to The League and Legit while you're at it, too.
Flag
+1 for The League
Flag
Why was it renewed for 2 more seasons? Did the network not see the video interviews the cast and creators did saying they want to end the show at season 10? They said they are proud of what they did and don't want to drag the show on to the point where the show is no longer funny and they lose dedicated fans. I think this is a mistake. As much as I love the show I do think it should end because the last 2 seasons have been horrible compared to what the show used to be. I guess the cast decided otherwise or they were offered major pay bumps.
Flag
I hope it works out on Its Always Sunny, great show but man, that's a LONG time to keep doing this, they had some bad years a few seasons back and have only recently returned to form.

Still, if it means being the longest-running sitcom, then let's get 13 seasons, motherfathers! Assuming FXX remains a network that long.
Flag
Come on, just do 13 seasons!
Flag
Woohoo! 2 more years of Sunny!
Flag
There's lots of pretty good news in here. Then again, there's also that part about Tracy Morgan coming back to TV. I'm surprised it wasn't a 10/90 deal, since only the undeserving seem to get offered those.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members