Wednesday 10:00 PM on FXX

PADDY'S PUB OPENING DAY NEWS

... It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and The League will both premiere on September 4, with Sweet Dee, Charlie, Mac, and Dennis debuting their ninth season at 10pm and the fantasy football guys following at 10:30pm. Additionally, late-night talk-show Totally Biased with W. Kamau Bell premieres at 11pm. But don't go looking for any of the three series on FX! They're all moving to new channel FXX, which is like FX but just a little more hardcore, I guess. FXX replaces Fox Soccer and makes its own debut on September 2. Check your local listings to find the channel or just keep flipping around until you see something you recognize. [FXX via press release]

BUSINESS TIME

... The expulsion of a human being from Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton's midsection has NBC all in a tizzy, so much so that tonight, the network will bump fake-reality show Siberia in favor of a one-hour news special called A Little Prince. Meanwhile, ABC will air a Barbara Walters special called The Royal Baby: Heir to the Throne, but the Alphabet's crime against America isn't as bad because all it's shafting is a Body of Proof repeat. [TV Line]

... Syfy is looking to adapt the Terry Gilliam flick 12 Monkeys. Currently, they network is looking at a 90-minute pilot with an eye on a series, which is basically how Battlestar Galactica made it to television. In the movie, which itself was an adaptation of a French short film, Bruce Willis starred as a post-apocalyptic prisoner who time-travels to get information on the virus that decimated the planet. Great movie, but I'm not sure how it will work as a series. What do you think? [THR]

... TLC has put a premiere date on Surviving the In-Laws, a "loosely scripted" series detailing true stories of in-law nightmares. Back-to-back episodes will air on Tuesday, July 31 at 10pm. That will be followed by God's swift wrath as he gives up on humans completely and strikes us all down with lightning. [TLC via press release]

... BBC America is co-producing the new series Atlantis, a fantasy drama set in the world of Greek mythology. It will star Mark Addy (Game of Thrones' Robert Baratheon) and premiere this fall. [BBC America via press release]

... Sundance Channel is planning to re-air Top of the Lake, which recently pulled in eight Emmy nominations, on July 28 starting at 1pm. The seven-episode miniseries starring Elisabeth Moss as a detective who's investigating a crime in Australia will conclude at 8pm. Also getting another go is the miniseries Restless, itself a recipient of two Emmy nominations, on July 31 starting at 8pm. Restless follows a daughter who learns her mother worked as a spy in World War II. [Sundance Channel via press release]

CASTING NEWS

... This is sorta like casting, right? Nate Silver, the statistician and psychic who predicts all sorts of things from sports outcomes to presidential elections, is joining ESPN. Silver's FiveThirtyEight.com will switch homes from The New York Times to ESPN.com, where it will look similar to another ESPN blog, Grantland. Silver will also appear on ESPN's broadcasts, but we don't know in what capacity. Hooray, nerds! [Variety]

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 3/9/2016

Season 11 : Episode 10

44 Comments
Comments (44)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Just change it from 12 Monkeys to 12 Monksharks and SyFy would generate a series in no time...lol...
Flag
Nate Silver is the best
Flag
If anyone wants to (try and) avoid royal baby craziness, the Guardian website has a "Republican" version or a "Royalist" version. The former contains absolutely no Royal-Baby related news. \o/
Flag
Staff
FXX, glad it exists to carry all the shows that were once hilarious (League, Sunny) and one that never was (Kumau Bell).

"Top of the Lake", watched it, better than The Killing. Still boring as hell.

These stats/statisticians are getting out of hand. Sports has the highest probability of unpredictable outcomes that its just stupid to get talking heads on camera talking about a prediction they'll have to apologize later.
Flag
Why did you guys post a picture of a bird?
Flag
Welcome back Sweet Dee. :)
12 Monkeys could work as a series.
Flag
I'd watch the 12 Monkeys pilot. LOVED the movie. I do wish someone would have brought Virtuality to series. A bit late now, though, since the actor is currently in Westeros.
Flag
The 12 Monkeys TV adaptation is a bad idea. If made, it'll probably turn into one of those meandering shows without any focus.
Flag
I'm down for Atlantis
Flag
Atlantis sounds cool.
Flag
Everyone who loves 12 Monkeys should definitely see the original version, the French short movie La Jetee, it's much better trust me.
Flag
No, La Jetee isn't much better. The one thing it has over 12 Monkeys, in my opinion, is the lead character going forward in time to a world full of telepaths (which might be an interesting element to explore in a series).
Flag
Haven't watched 12 Monkeys, but La Jetée was indeed fabulous.
Flag
The League, probably the funniest show on tv that gets absolutely NO recognition!
Flag
I agree. That and Workaholics for me are two shows that are clever, different, damn funny and will never be mainstream.
Flag
Could a 12 Monkeys series work? Sure.

Will it? With Syfy involved, signs point to no.
Flag
Count me in for Atlantis.
Flag
Top of the lake is set in New Zealand NOT australia!!!!!!!
Flag
Was just about to post this...
Flag
Atlantis sounds really exciting, especially if Mark Addy is going to be in it. :D
Flag
This obsession with the royal baby... Hilarious, ridiculous, unsettling? But of course you could always find someone who would watch such news for hours on end.
Flag
f*** syfy

-fans of caprica, stargate universe, alphas, 3 inches
Flag
If SyFy didn't exist, those shows probably wouldn't be, either.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
-Eureka, Warehouse 13, Sanctuary, Blood & Chrome
Flag
Top of the Lake is set in New Zealand, not Australia.
Flag
12 Monkeys is one of my all time favorite movies. IMO it's also one of two best Madeleine Stowe films (the other one being The Last of Mohicans). I always cry at the end when James dies and Kathryn suddenly sees his younger version. I love this movie - please don't ruin it by changing it into a tv show.
Flag
No offense intended but it might be best if you left crucial spoilers out of casual comments.
Flag
You're aware this movie is 18 years old, right?
Flag
Sure, but all movies are new to anyone who hasn't seen them, regardless of age. To this day, I still think people shouldn't casually reveal the twist in The Sixth Sense despite it also being pretty old at this point. (That movie was largely ruined for me by people's inability to keep their mouths shut for even just a few weeks.) Yes, I've seen 12 Monkeys but it's still a good general practice to say as little as possible about a movie's particulars unless its entire plot, twists and spoilers and all, is part of the active discussion.
Flag
I believe there is 10 years spoiler limitation status. After that time the plot is not a secret anymore.

Otherwise we could never openly discuss Star Wars saga - and that would be madness!
Flag
I highly recommend the original French short film La Jetee that 12 Monkeys was based on. Would you believe that even though it's only 28 minutes long its plot is actually more complex than 12 Monkeys.
Flag
SyFy will be doing their own royal baby special with the movie Royalbabynado
Flag
followed by the sequel Royalbabytopus
Flag
to make a trilogy = Royalbabyapocalyse
Flag
Oh, the humanity...
Flag
Duchess not Princess....
Flag
Staff
Haha thanks for catching our obviously American mistake. Will fix.
Flag
That came off super asshole-ish. Not how I meant it lol
Flag
You better! What, you wanna start a war or something? And they've got something called a TARDIS and I hear it's badass!
Flag
Follow this Show
Members