Jackass

MTV - Music Television (ended 2002)

rreett

Jackass Fan Reviews (121)

• awesome show

awesome show so awesome my favorite people Are Steve-O Bam Johnny Party Boy Ryan dunn dico there tha coolestt! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! i have tha movie and volume 2 & 3 the show makes me laugh so hardd its hilariouse stevo-o is the craziest. at least he does tha dumbest things :-p ! ! ! ! ! ! the shos tha bst and i give it 5 stars!
  • Best MTV show ever!

Okay,this show was the most funniest show on MTV,until stupid and not even funny reality shows came on.It's about these guys and they're doing these crazy,dangerous and the funniest stunts ever like dancing around town naked or dressing up as an Oompa Loompa skating.This show was funny,until Cartoon Network came up with a stupid reality show called Dude,What Would Happen?,Which coppied this show.But that show had no injuries,and this show HAD injuries.This show gets an A.Scores:

Humor:10\10 it's just stunts.They should do one where they're playing Test Your Strength with someone sitting on it.

Voices:10\10 Right after they try the stunt,you'll laugh.

Theme:10\10 A classic and rock theme.

This show was awesome.Why did MTV cancel this show?They must be idiots.They replaced this with Laguna Beach and My Super Sweet 16.But a spin-off came on called Viva La Bam.And it's funny.MTV sucks for canceling this.
  • Jackass tends to get on your nerves a little, but overall, it's a great show!

Let's play the "How's Your Day" game! Okay, your turn. Hmm... you had to drive to work. You work in a cubicle, you say? Okay...after work you drive back home. Nothing happened, eh? Well, Bob, your life sucks. Nothing exciting occurs in your life, I bet. Well, that's all about to change with JACKASS! Jackass is aout a group of highly trained professionals doing crazy stunts and screwing around with the elderly & unconscious. Whether it is having sex with emus or eating someone's dog's fresh poop, everyone of Jackass's stunts are laugh out loud classics. Led by the infamous Johnny Knoxville, the group would do just about anything to entertain their viewers, like me. They could even get their asses kicked by giant polar bears and call it a stunt. See, this is why I love Jackass - it's mindless, it's completely random, it shows alot of pain, and most of all, it's pure entertainment.

Not alot of people like Jackass. Take, for example, a rich man who graduated from Harvard whose knowledge is respected throughout the world, and only respects logical and smart shows like Frasier. Just one minute of watching Jackass will make him vomit and and say, "See, this is why stupid Americans like these guys never went to Ivy league." People think the show is just plain stupid. Another piece of crap made by MTV. Well I say, "screw you!" for those who do not have an American sense of humor.

Jackass was highly influencial at the time. It has encouraged viewers to make videos of their own in which they perform their own stunts, regardless of all the disclaimers that Jackass shows before they actually get to the real thing. An example would be a man named Joe. He watched Jackass and decided to shoot a video of his own stunts. He tried to roll downhill on a picnic basket while holding a C-4 explosive, and guess what happened to him? Two broken ribs, three fractures in his left pinky, and his right testicle was blown off. So because of this horrible tragedy (fake), I just wanna say to those who WANT to do their own stunts, "You are a bunch of idiots."

One of the best things that Jackass pulled off was their movie, which showed stunts that were unsuitable for television. The movie had some footage recorded in Japan, and the Japanese stunts were really funny, especially "Wasabi Snooter."

Jackass is a good, if not great, show that can show you how stupid American punkasses can get. A couple of the show's stunts were awarded spots in VH1's "40 Greatest Reality TV Moments", which definitly ups Jackass' reputation. The show had so many untouched ideas when it was cancelled, that I just want to find out what they were. Jackass has alot of rerunability (made up word, work with me!), and I wished that I had MTV2, where a couple friends of mine say that's where the show is currently airing. I am sad to see that MTV ended it so fast.
  • Jackass is a show where people like the always funny Johnny Knoxville and Bam Margera plus others compete in stupid and somewhat gross stunts.

When I first heard about this show i thought it was another stupid attempt to be funny courtesy of MTV. But after I decided to watch the movie i was hooked and immediatly went out and boutht the DVD. Since then, I've also began watching the show and I saw Jackass Number Two on opening night. Pretty much all the show deals with is doing dangerous stunts that are funny to watch when they wipe out and gross things that make you wanna cover your eyes.With an all star cast such as Johnny Knoxville(The Ringer) and Bam Margera ( Viva La Bam) this show just has to be good.Its just hilarious to watch people hurt themselves. Who knew that maiming yourself could become such a way to earn money?
  • NOW THIS IS A SHOW YOU MUST WATCH!!!! Some of the Greatest Comedy, EVER!!!

My 85th review after MTV Prank show: "Viva La Bam"

This is one of the Greatest most Funniest SHows I have ever seen in my ENTIRE LIFE. First of all it's about Johnny Knoxville, that might be the World's King of Comedy! He has funny and Stupid Buddies like: Steve-O, and Bam Mangrea. I saw the 2 movies and they were Wondefully Funny. This is 10 times more funnier then Shrek. 100 times funnier then that Goofy Spongebob, AND 1000 times Funnier then that Stupid Dang Ed Edd n Eddy. They have Excellent uses of Pranks and Stunts My favorites are: "Tropical Pole Vaulting" "Alligator Tightrope" "Anocoda Ball Pit" "Tosro Totter" and lots more. These are very silmaur to the Mario Party Mini-game stunts. This show gets an A+. Here the Results:

Voice-acting: D-- 4.0/10.0 Poor and Garbage. it's also kinda a Waste of Celebrity Talent.

Graphics: A++ 10.0/10.0 Perfect. Sound: A++ 10.0/10.0 Double Perfect!

Dialouge: A++ 10.0/10.0 Oh man, Triple Perfect! Can this get any better?

Lasting Appeal: A+ 9.9/10.0 Totally yes. This show kicks mega butt.

Overall: A+ 9.0/10.0 This is one of the funniest shows i have ever seen in my entire life! Bring this show back.... NOW!!!
  • This show is just great

Jackass is an extremely funny show. It features a group of people doing ridiculous, gross, or dangerous stunts. I've also seen them prank random people before. It can't get funnier than people boxing in a sporting goods store, or riding wagons down a street. I can watch this stuff for hours and not get sick of it. I gurantee you can't find anything else like this show. I like this show for all the reasons above, and I like the cast too. Steve-O doesn't even need to do anything funny to make you wan't to laugh, and the rest of the cast like BAM and Johnny Knoxville are funny too. If you like to laugh, and if you like watching people do crazy things, you'll love Jackass.
  • Johnny Knoxville and the Jackass crew will try ANYTHING once!

7.8
    Jackass was a show that debut on MTV and rose to into a huge controversial show. Starring Johnny Knoxville and his friends; Chris Pontius, Steve-o, Bam Margera, Ryan Dunn, Weeman, Preston Lacey, Dave England, Ehren McGhehey, Brandon DiCamillo, Rake Yohn, and Raab Himself. Their isn't anything these guys won't do. Once it debut on MTV the show blew up when people tuned in every week to see what these guys would do next. The show didn't have that many episodes, but it lead to movies and tons of spin offs.

Jackass had to successful theatre movies, and a lot of straight to DVD movies. As well as spin off shows like Viva La Bam, Wildboys, Bam's Holy Union, and a few more. Overall the show was a 7.8 out of 10, and is still pretty comical when I watch it to this day.
  • Redeems from the other crap on MTV.

Apparently this show is related to those stupid reality shows on MTV nowadays like Jersey Shore, 16 and Pregnant, Teen Mom. If you want to skip this and go watch those crappy reality shows then be my guest, but I must tell you, you're missing out on all the fun! Generally reality shows are just pure mind boggiling garbage about the life of celebrities yelling and cursing over stupid crap and f@#%ing up their lifes even more. But unlike most reality shows that are garbage, Jackass is the exception. The stunts they do on Jackass are so outrageously funny and never fail to make me laugh. Sure some people may find their stunts stupid, and I'll admit, they are but they are done in a funny way, if you know what I mean. If you're wondering why they never get hurt it's because they are professionals, meaning that they've tried out this stuff before. Just like the warning at the begining of the show says, if you're a kid or teenage, DO NOT try any of these stunts at home, ONLY do them if you are a professional. And believe me, I used to watch this when I was liittle, but I never peformed these stunts. I highly reccomend Jackass if you're tired of this casual reality garbage on TV nowadays. It is a fun, funny and intense show and I highly reccomenf it especially if you're into shows about people performing extreme stunts, it's definetley a must watch and one of my favorite shows of all time. Rating: 10/10

One more thing... Please don't report me for using "Jackass", that is the title of the show.
  • u shud defo

we think you should come and attempt to wind up my evil cat thats massive and try to live without being clawed to death it would be hilarious should make a 4th film

RIP ryan dunn xx
  • Great

This is so great that there should be a jackass 4 for sure plus it would be in memory of Ryan Dunn.
  • Possibly the greatest reality show of all time,and beats every single one of MTV's reality junk

MTV has already gone downhill with all of it's reality shows,but this,is basically a god of comedy,and the best show MTV has ever made,besides Beavis and Butt Head. Jackass stars Johnny Knoxville,Bam Margera,Steve-O,Jason Arcunia and many more stars,as they do many disgusting and crazy stunts,which fail all the time. Now,let me just say that this show is 100% funny. There is not one moment where you stop laughing. Every time you see one of the guys get injured or when the stunt fails,you can't help but laugh so hard until pee starts coming out of you. The stunts are also great like skateboarding as a Oompa Loompa,eating a snowcone that was peed on,roller skating on a moving truck and many more. Let's not forget Chris Pontus as Party Boy. I also loved the three movies they had in theaters. However,the show only lasted 3 years. Why? This could've been bigger than all of MTV's so called "hits" like Teen Mom and Skins. Overall,please watch this. I will promise that it will make you laugh.

• The only awesome reality show on MTV

Reality shows are just pure junk and trash. I don't even consider them entertainment. Seriously? why are people into reality shows anyways? It's nothing but pure garbage and it just makes me want to puke. "Jackass" is seriously the only reality show on MTV that I really enjoy. I've seen all the three "Jackass" movies as well and they are just so amazingly hilarious and awesome. Some of the stunts are pretty dumb but it's dumb in a hilarious way at least in my opinion. Now if you want to watch a reality show that gives you loads of fun then watch Jackass". Skips those utterly horrendously crappy shows "Jersey Shore", "Teen Mom", "16 and Pregnant" and all of the other MTV reality shows that screw with people's minds these days. Everyone in this reality show is very funny. I literally can't stop laughing watching this show. It's such a fun, awesome, and fresh reality show to watch. The stunts that these people are PROFESSIONALS which means that they rarely get hurt and now what they're doing. Kids, do not attempt anything on this show... that's only thing that will concern about this show is that it will influence little kids and and teenagers to do dangerous stunts like this. Only attempt these dangerous stunts if you are SERIOUSLY trained and practiced a whole lot. Overall, "Jackass" is the only reality show I love to watch on MTV and it will stay that way. 10/10

• Welcome to JACKASS!!!

Who would believe that juvenile pranks combined with crude humor & breakneck stunts could create a show so hilarious, it's controversial! Jackass is that show!

This zany show caught my eye when i first saw it in 2000 on MTV & ever since then, i am a big fan of Johnny Knoxville & his insane bunch. All those dangerous stunts & pranks they pull always leave me laughing until i turn blue in the face. I even went so far as to catch their movie, Jackass: The Movie back in 2002.

Although this can't exactly be classed as a "reality show" & it did have its fair share of controversy when impressionable teenagers tried (& failed) to mimic what they saw on Jackass, it's still 1 of the best offerings MTV had since Aeon Flux and Beavis & Butt-head.

So whenever i hear "Hi i'm Johnny Knoxville, welcome to Jackass!" i know i'm in for a real good time! Despite what the others think...
  • Funny Sh*t!

I'm a huge jackass fan and love watching them be complete idots. I really think they can make more episodes and get the viewers because who does not love Jackass?? I can watch the episodes or movies over and over again. Bam is great in it and I think he is so dang cute!! Knoxville was very silly in it, and that's the reason I started watching this show. Jackass could have went further with episodes, but maybe everyone didn't want to do it anymore??!! I am not sure..but maybe they will come out with another movie or something. That would be great!! Jackass was a great show and I would buy them all on dvd if you haven't already.
  • I, like most of america, used to think this show was stupid. I have since then learned the error of my ways.

This show is stupid. People hurting themselves and eating gross things? Boy do I pitty those men, no wait, make that boys.

I can't believe I used to think that way.

I have since then taken the stick out of my ass and embraced their Jackass ways. I used to feel sorry for the person that was getting pranked, or empathise with whoever seemed to be in extreme pain, but I've come to realize that if it doesn't bother them, why should it bother me? That aside, I started finding everything incredubly funny. The only criteria among them seemed to be, "You can dish it out, as long as you can take it and be a good sport about it."

There will always be people who dissaprove of the things these guys do, but if you don't take them seriously, they just add to the comedy.

So, stop being the prude that you are and look at Jackass the way it was intended to be. Funny.
  • I love this show. All my friends watch it.

This show is awesome. All the stupid things they do is so kewl. I still love the reruns even though i've seen them. That's how great this show is. I would gladly do some of the things they do. I love it when they get stuff throw at them like the grapefruits. I give this show two thumbs up!!!!
  • Come on people

This show is awesome and who cares what they do no human is perfect any way. This is so cool. viva la bam is ok but not as good.. if people hate this show cause people get hurt then guess what its your damn problem if you try to do stunts off this show some moron would like to re create the stunts.
  • This was the best thing MTV ever graced our TV screens with.

This show was so hilarious. They need to bring it back because MTV has nothing else good to offer except Punk'D sometimes. This was gold. I think they should ave never let this go off the air. They gave us a movie now lets hope someday they bring back the show and maybe another movie. We can only hope.
  • Why did it have to go??

This was one of the most original, funny, and just pure AWESOME shows that rarely come to MTV. Just cause some idiots thought it would be cool if they tried for themselves the dangerous stunts on the show it got cancelled. Now i have to watch the same 5 reruns over and over on MTV2 at midnight.

How come shows like Team Sanchez, which is twice as violent as Jackass but not even close to being funny, can be on the air with new episodes at 9:00pm? Viva La Bam kept me entertained for maybe 1 season, after that it just became 100% fake. Wild Boyz was mildy entertaining but became repetitive after 2 seasons. Bring this show back! Johnny's movie career is going downhill fast, the same can pretty much be said for all the other former Jackasses. They should get back together and put this show back on the air!!
  • We need this show back on the air...

For those haters out there who say what is the point of this show u r already thinking about this too hard you dumasses. This show is just some light comic relief and in that department it succeeds on every level. I mean if you really don't think this show is funny at all then what is. Even my mom could laugh at this show and she thinks it's stupid. So to those haters out there i say u r an idiot and if u really dont like it just change the channel u morons.
  • Funnest Show MTV Ever!

Many call them Jackasses I call them Funny guys!

These people are willing to put there bodies in great harm simply for the enjoyment of all of us.

This is a brilent idea and its funny as HELL!

I mean having kicks kick someone in the nuts is not as funny until you really get to see it happen!
  • Makes you puke Laugh and cry A TRUE SHOW for the ages.

its a realty show, Not really ( FYI I really raelly hate reality shows, maybe clasified as a documentary because it documents the lifes of suposof daredevil like people. ), the inflicts pain to others to make you laugh. now thats what i call a show. you could eaven call it an antireallty show, when those kind of shows were starting to appear.

When the movie came out i thought it would of been difrent from the show but it was the same exact thing. People just clasified it more as a documentary ( I should of classified it as that in the begging )then a reallity thing because no one in their right minds would do something like the things these people do.
  • Looking for a new show on your network? get a couple of writers and.... oh for MTV? Round up some idiots make them do stupid stunts and film it all, sweet.

This is stoopid ,lowbrow,and awesome! this is one of the greatest tv shows ever that i know will be remembered 20 years from now if just only for the controversy. if you don't have to go to work or school in the morning flip on MTV2 at around midnight and watch for yourself.
    I didn't give this a perfect 10 because some of the stuff is gross.
  • A show of stupid but funny stunts.

this show is the best thing to hit mtv in a long time. Through it is over I still enjoy watching reruns. Ir is so funny. The best part is they do what every one don't have the guts to do. It's really funny to see other poeple get hurt. This show rocks.
  • i dun see why they had to take this show off the air

i dun see why the had to take this show off the air it was one of the best show MTV had. i mean so what if their were some stupid kids out their attempting these stunts i mean they should have listened to the warning at the beginning of the show. this show by far deserves a 9.3 because its just an awesome and superb show that was ever on MTV they totally need to bring back jackass i mean without it their only like one other good show on MTV! im sure everyone would love to see wee man johnny bam chris steve-o and ryan back on MTV to the jackass stunts again right?
  • Crazy ass

What the hell. Not bad.
  • This is one of the best shows in history it is a real classic!

Jhonny Knoxville and crew make one of the best shows yet with the daring tricks breath taking stunts. like skating in a full 360' loop that they make and wear skate borading and tried to go all the way around it at least Bam Margera and Tony Hawk (bird man) made it
  • Funny, brutal stuff.

Jackass, one of the best shows on the awful channel called MTV. Actually the only show I have watched on MTV. It is a very funny reality show about a group of buddies doing dangerous stuff to themselves. Everything is being filmed by an amateur camera. The things the crew does should gross out most of the people and although they know it is wrong they find the show appealing. I have grown to like Jackass it is a really original show and worth seeing, just for the laughs, or maybe pity. Whichever you choose, be sure to see it.
  • Shocking? No. Amusing? Definitely!

6.9
    Going downhill fast! Not the show, but the guys from Jackass! Rolling down a hill in a concrete pipe.. not the most intelligent thing to do, don\'t you think?

I suppose this show is full of childish humour, but I know for a fact that every single one of you out there has a soft spot for shows like this. You might be horrified and disgusted by people stapling their buttcheeks together or setting themselves on fire voluntarily, but deep inside you giggle like a little teenage girl.

Even though you know it\'s wrong, these guys do what you are too afraid of to try, and deep down inside you secretly admire them.

I know I do.
  • Love it.

It's an awesome show: a couple of guys living life to the fullest, having fun and getting injured.

It's defenitely worth buying the seasons and movies (just ordered 7 of them).

And to all the haters: I don't care if you don't like the movie, but you shouldn't go around saying that whoever does like it has mental problems or a low IQ, we just love a good show, that's all."
< 1 2 3 4 5