Jackie Chan Adventures Forums

The WB (ended 2005)

Incatations?

OrbofTornami

[1]Aug 20, 2007
    • level: 4
    Can somebody list all the incantations used in the show for me?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Darngoodbacon

[2]Aug 22, 2007
    • level: 1

Yu Mo Gwai Gui Fai Di Zao-The main good incantation of the series, this spell is used most often by Uncle. It is used for multiple purposes, including: banishing Shendu from Jade's body, returning the Demon Sorcerers to the Netherworld, turning Shendu to stone, and extracting the Demon Chi of the Demon Sorcerers. The incantation is actually Cantonese for "spirits, demons, ghosts and monsters quickly go away "

Lai Sui Sie-The incantation used by Bai Tza during her attempt to flood San Francisco. In Mandarin it is along the lines of "summon water"

Kai Kwitchi Ka-Incantation used by Shendu (in Jackie's body) to open the portal to the Book Of Ages.

Nukeru, He Men Jaaku-The Japanese incantation used for the removal of Oni Masks. It is also used to imprison Tarakudo in his Oni Mask. Can be translated as "Come out, evil spell."

Ya Gaa Mee Mo, Ya Gaa Mee Chi-Wah-Drago's incantation, used to absorb Demon Chi and cause destruction.

Mee-thana Chi. Chi-Mee-thana Chi-Chant Tohru uses to attempt to ambush Drago's absorption of the Demon Chi.

Ju Ichi Bu Shun Li-Iso's incantation, used for evil chi spells.

A non-chi spell called Ex Metu Veres that the Magisters used when they stole Stonehenge was also invoked. Neither Chinese nor of any relevance to Chi magic. Latin: "Out of fear, truth." This spell appears to have the same versatility as other forms of magic.

Daolon Wong's incantations - as of present - are indecipherable.

Edited on 08/22/2007 2:52pm

3StarvingArtist

[3]Aug 22, 2007
    • level: 10
    Wow, that's some amazing research there. It's great to see people actually put some effort into learning things.

Darngoodbacon

[4]Aug 23, 2007
    Thanks! ^_^ There are more...I actually have some of Mr. Wong's written down- you know, what you can hear of them.

But, you can find a traslation site, type in your phrase and it'll traslated in to latin or readable (for we un-chinese people) Chinese, and there! You have a spell, just add an effect ^_^

3StarvingArtist

[5]Aug 24, 2007
    Link please? *does puppy dog eyes*

Darngoodbacon

[6]Aug 25, 2007
    For? Oh! The traslator? I goggle about looking for them when my main man is busy, he does all the traslating for me. Or the deciferable Chi spells that are hard to hear?

Oh! And any lanuages, even English, can be used. It just has to be your native language.

So for Uncle and Wong, Chinese works best. Emma would use Latin and English for the best for her. Just like German for Doctor Faust, though if your chi is powerful enough, you could, in theroy, use anything to do whatever you want.

3StarvingArtist

[7]Sep 3, 2007
    Well, I'm having trouble finding one for Eastern European languages (Russian and the like), tho I think I need a program something to help process the letters so that the words don't end up looking like weird shapes on my screen. You're lucky you have someone fluent in the language to translate for you.

BTW, whose Emma?

Darngoodbacon

[8]Sep 3, 2007
    Hmm! You can get a dictionary that has those, or find someone that knows it! And yeah, those are expensive T.T (Mine cost 850)

Aaah! Emma is one of the characters in my Jackie Chan fanfiction ^_^.

3StarvingArtist

[9]Oct 9, 2007
    Darngoodbacon wrote:
    Hmm! You can get a dictionary that has those, or find someone that knows it! And yeah, those are expensive T.T (Mine cost 850)

I'll figure out something, altho I know I certainly won't be paying that much for a translation program, that's for sure.

Darngoodbacon wrote:
    Aaah! Emma is one of the characters in my Jackie Chan fanfiction ^_^.

"I see," said the blind man. Y'know, I'll have to sit down and read your fics whenever I finish reading the ones I'm presently on.

NecrochildK

[10]Nov 20, 2012

Random bit of information, but actually it's mogwai, not mo gwai. And yes, as in what Gizmo is in gremlins. Mogwai is chinese for monster, demon or evil spirit. With this, breaking it down in google translator, gui is ghost, fai is hinder, and di zao is sort of bad translation into first as early as (So essentially quickly or soon, maybe even "now").