Jackie Chan Adventures

The WB (ended 2005)

Gino24

Jackie Chan Adventures Fan Reviews (53)

• This is not a bad show (despite the constant one-off shows.)I am glad that this show was able to end itself in dignity as a series finale. (The Powers That Be)

There's not too many shows that receive Emmy Awards, but luckily Jackie Chan Adventures is one of those legendary cartoons. Some cartoons are too seirous (which I don't mind..) but most of them are kiddy...too kiddy. Jackie Chan Adventures is seirous but at the same time kiddy but funny. Most cartoons that are based on celebrities turn out to be very terrible. Does anyone remember "Mary Kate and Ashley as secret spies on ABC Saturday Mornings?" Even the Jo Bros got their show on Disney and it sucks.. (I have nothing against the Jo Bros except for the fact they're complete sell-outs...) However, Jackie Chan Adventures manages to break the boundaries of celebrity shows. Jackie Chan Adventures is about Jackie Chan, who's not a celebrity but an expert archelogist who would prefer to quietly do his work for the local university, but fate has dealt another hand. That happens when he finds a shield containing a talisman is but the first of a dozen pursued by a criminal organization called The Dark Hand led a man called Valmont and guided by a spirit called Shendu. Against this Jackie, his niece Jade, and their uncle must cooperate with the secret law enforcement organization, Section 13, to oppose this threat. Along the way, our heroes must face wild dangers that will demand all of Jackie's skill in martial arts and his daring to overcome.

The writers/producers of this series deserve a lot of credit. Somehow they've created an edgy, often wickedly funny animated series that conveys a healthy family in which everyone has importance; old people are still valued (Uncle rules!), girls are smart, cute, and kick butt (Jade IS all that), and the family can include close friends (Toru and his mom). The story lines are interesting and unusual. Even though the show ended in a finale (which most people need to get through their heads eventually but I miss it, too.), The same people who made Jackie Chan Adventures also made Men in Black and The Batman, so be sure to check out those shows good. Even though the first, fourth, and fifth seasons are my favorites, I will always miss JCA.