JAG

Act of Terror

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Oct 27, 1998 on CBS

• Aresey story

Harm is replaced by a private professor.
  • The ending leaves one an empty spot and anger for what it means for America.

Until the last ten minutes, this episode is all about the trial. Harm does an adequate job in defending. But between grasping for a defense and suspecting something is amiss, he leaves the viewer as unsure as he feels. The last ten minutes, though, are fun with many twists. Harm is in his "Top Gun" form figuring out at least one of the conspiracies. How the episode ends for the defendant shows his true heart is with his fellow Marines.

The ending leaves the viewer empty. Hopefully the writers continued this story as a continuing plot. If they did it will be a very interesting one. If not, the writers are missed a chance and did a disservice to the fans. The ending implies a very large conspiracy and leaving it as is gives one not just an empty feeling but anger for its meaning to America.
  • Another great segment.

A terrorist is caught, but then gunned down on national television. Harm must defend the marine who shot him, but was the marine insane or merely patriotic?

Harm to defend, Mac to prosecute Corporal Barry. When Harm is watching the tape, my first thought was that Barry was given orders to shoot the prisoner. Harm has much better eyes than anyone. I did not really notice there was no blood shot on camera.

My overall assessment of this installment like Major Mackenzie said "open and shut." At the end, when Bert was going to his car, I thought he was behind everything. Bert is the one the FBI is after. The smile on his face gave that away.