JAG

All Ye Faithful

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Dec 17, 2002 on CBS

• Christmas Galore!

It seems like the writers got together and figured "how many Christmas tropes can we fit into one episode?" with some pretty fun results. Just from classic movies/stories, I counted Gift of the Magi by O. Henry (Harm and Mac giving each other gifts that basically cancelled each other out), Christmas Story ("You'll put your eye out!"), Dickens' Christmas Carol (CWO Scoggins, Harriet's comment about Marley, Bud's "God bless us, every one,") Santa Claus is Comin' to Town (doctor specifically noted he was checking Harriet's chart twice), Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer (red nav light showing the way for a big load of toys), It's a Wonderful Life (Lieutenant Clarence getting his wings and having a bell ring), and of course the original Christmas story told in Matthew, Mark, and Luke of Joseph and Mary not being able to find lodging and having their baby in an unusual place... and having three men from the (Middle) East give them gifts.

It was all woven together to show a classic JAG Christmas, with a tight-knit family. Pretty awesome, all in all.
  • Skates was suppose to be in this episode