JAG Forums

CBS (ended 2005)

Off Topic

Peggy_Porcupine

[41]May 2, 2006
    • level: 13

azianshrimp wrote:

Oh no, the other Off Topic thread is gone and now all the bdays and anniversaries are gone!

Hopefully MacToo kept a copy....   (Wasn't it her that was in charge of that?)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

_CoxswainM13_

[42]May 2, 2006
    • level: 11
    grrrrr.....

starglimmer05

[43]May 2, 2006
    • level: 7
    more_ncis_now wrote:

Oh yeah, I knew there was something I meant to post once I got the all clear! hehe.

To Glimmer: I doubt you saw my other message in time before it got deleted....so....In response to your Hi message...Hi back! Hope you're well and not studying too hard! We'll catch up soon I'm sure

Awww, I'm soooo late in getting here, but thanks Linds!

Sooooo, the old one is gone, and this is the new one. Very interesting. I come here now simply for a good, stong, cynically-fueled laugh.

And to see you all, of course! Much love, all!!

Peggy_Porcupine

[44]May 3, 2006
    I see we lost the "ask the editor" thread. Wonder why the Editor censored that one?

teespoon

[45]May 3, 2006
    • level: 33
    ok ladies you all clearly don't want to be here so I think we are done with the bashing around here, I'm sick of seeing you old ladies being rude all the time, you disappoint me! I would have expected more from you! I understand that your feelings was/are hurt, but there is no need for this continued flaming, please try and move on and let's remember the good times ok! happy thoughts

tee

teespoon

[47]May 3, 2006
    I'm pretty sure I can take it newbie

Peggy_Porcupine

[48]May 3, 2006
    Did anyone catch John M Jackson (aka AJ) on Bones last week?  It was interesting to see him in a 'sensitive' role - his daughter was ill.  Still a bit stiff with the emotions, but a tad bit softer than he was as AJ. 

Peggy

VMF-214

[49]May 3, 2006
    • level: 55
    Peggy_Porcupine wrote:
    Did anyone catch John M Jackson (aka AJ) on Bones last week?  It was interesting to see him in a 'sensitive' role - his daughter was ill.  Still a bit stiff with the emotions, but a tad bit softer than he was as AJ. 

Peggy

I missed Bones last week with AJ in it. Thank goodness for reruns.

GoNavy

[51]May 4, 2006
    • level: 12

teespoon wrote:
    ok ladies you all clearly don't want to be here so I think we are done with the bashing around here, I'm sick of seeing you old ladies being rude all the time, you disappoint me! I would have expected more from you! I understand that your feelings was/are hurt, but there is no need for this continued flaming, please try and move on and let's remember the good times ok! happy thoughts tee

Tee, that was harsh coming from you. Some of us are not up for butt-kissing here, sorry... If someone swore at me I would be mad, too. Later...

teespoon

[52]May 4, 2006
    GoNavy wrote:

teespoon wrote:
    ok ladies you all clearly don't want to be here so I think we are done with the bashing around here, I'm sick of seeing you old ladies being rude all the time, you disappoint me! I would have expected more from you! I understand that your feelings was/are hurt, but there is no need for this continued flaming, please try and move on and let's remember the good times ok! happy thoughts tee

Tee, that was harsh coming from you. Some of us are not up for butt-kissing here, sorry... If someone swore at me I would be mad, too. Later...

I'm not butt-kissing anyone here Go I just don't see the need for this argument to continue, we found a new place to play, so I see no need for us to continue to argue with Ross, now even if we don't like the methods he use he is human and no one deserves this kind of continued behaviour from anyone! I'm just standing up in what i believe in I'm not defending anyone here, but seriously I would have expected more form you guys. It's ok to be mad I was to remember but it's not going to change anything, it's not going to help and it most sentiently won't make this a more fun place to visit! So all I was trying to say was that we should move on and play nice ok!

Peggy_Porcupine

[53]May 4, 2006
    I guess the word is 'BALANCE'.  We now know that Ross won't budge so we have agreed to disagree.  Instead of butting our heads against the proverbial brick wall, we have started another forum, as you mentioned, Tee.  And we will probably stop in here every once in awhile for those 'strangers' who pop in with a question - in order to help them out.  Also to add to our own blogs and read other's blogs.  That is always fun.

And there is always this 'off topic' thread to keep talking about things 'off topic'! 

more_ncis_now

[54]May 4, 2006
    • level: 58

We're not butt kissing Go. As Tee says, he's only human.  

It can help to tell someone if you are upset with them and why, but it must hurt if people keep posting comments about Ross, when all he has done is edit the forum. He's well within his rights to do what he did, and yes, it would have been nice for him to talk to us beforehand, but we don't know what else Ross does, maybe he didn't get a chance.

Give Ross some credit, he posted a little after the moderating that he did, and he tried to talk to us all, but by this point people were so mad that they didn't even give him a chance.
    I also know that it was not nice of Ross to respond to Peggy as he did, but with all the posts aimed at him, I'm not surprised to be honest. I would be very hurt if some of the comments I've seen on this forum in the past few days were aimed at me. 

Peggy, your post sums things up perfectly
    There is a new place to go if anyone is unhappy here. It's not worth anybody's while to stick around here just to post comments about another user, it won't help anyone move on, so if anyone is unhappy, i think they should just go over to the other forum, and forget about this whole thing.  

Phew, sorry for writing so much, I guess I just had to tell you what I was thinking. Sorry if what I've said upsets anyone or makes anyone mad, but it's just my opinion, you don't have to agree with it, I just think I needed to get it out there.

GoNavy

[55]May 4, 2006
    Teespoon, and Newbie, I think you proved my point. I have no interest in Ross if his feelings were hurt because he certainly never thought of mine. So if you have more to say to me please PM me, as I would  have you, rather than bash my friends on the forum.

starglimmer05

[56]May 4, 2006
    • level: 7
    I'm not sure. I asked a question last night, but it wasn't aggressive or offensive...at least, it wasn't meant to be. I was just curious to know what conseqences Ross might face if he failed to square-away this forum. If this was the cause of its deletion, I really am sorry.

As for maturity/immaturity, flaming, blasting, offending and negativity - well, I think its time we move on. We have not been perfect in our responses just as Ross has not been perfect in his use of power. BUT, we should all be trying to do our best to stay true to our beliefs (yay Tee & Linds for doing that!), while remaining open to compromise, understanding, and appreciation of the GOOD that still exists here (rock on Peggy and GO for that!).

Just my 2 cents

Winther_sanna

[57]May 5, 2006

Peggy_Porcupine wrote:
    I guess the word is 'BALANCE'.  We now know that Ross won't budge so we have agreed to disagree.  Instead of butting our heads against the proverbial brick wall, we have started another forum, as you mentioned, Tee.  And we will probably stop in here every once in awhile for those 'strangers' who pop in with a question - in order to help them out.  Also to add to our own blogs and read other's blogs.  That is always fun.

And there is always this 'off topic' thread to keep talking about things 'off topic'! 
    I do have a forum of JAG and NCIS if someone wanna join it (Only four member :cry The link is: JAGandNCIS.15.forumer.com I would be happy if someone joined it

I love writing blogs, and love to reading yours It's quite fun I love to write poems and love when Peggy or Go commenting them

Susanna

Edited on 05/05/2006 1:46am

Ross_99

[58]May 5, 2006
    • level: 59

I have no problem with you having some off topic threads but you need balance you cant have 5 off topic to 1 on topic thats not the way it works. I understand the show has ended and that every topic cannot be about the show as lets face it thats not possible but you cant just make a topic about someones birthday let alone 4 at once.

If you want a birthday thread to wish people a happy birthday make one and I will pin it for you so when a members bday comes around you can say happy birthday etc but if I do that its not just another place to talk about anything apart from birthdays. If you want it shoot me a PM and it shall be done. As I have said plenty of times if you have suggestions you just need to PM me and tell me.

There is 1 thing I dont tolerate and that is flaming of other users, it is not acceptable under any circumstance.

Peggy_Porcupine

[59]May 6, 2006
    Okay, Ross. I am going to reply to your message in amongst your message. The operative word we are looking for is "Balance"

I have no problem with you having some off topic threads but you need balance you cant [sic] have 5 off topic to 1 on topic thats not the way it works. I understand the show has ended and that every topic cannot be about the show as lets [sic] face it thats not possible but you cant [sic] just make a topic about someones birthday let alone 4 at once.

If you want a birthday thread to wish people a happy birthday make one and I will pin it for you so when a members bday  [sic] comes around you can say happy birthday etc but if I do that its [sic] not just another place to talk about anything apart from birthdays.

Okay, about birthdays. I think a compromise might look like this: Since we all have different birthdays, it would be appropriate to start a new thread for each birthday. That way that person would feel special. And the rest of the writers can feel creative. Then, after a week of 'happy birthday GoNavy" you LOCK the thread. That way we can 'cut and paste' some of the creations on it to use for another birthday - and add to it, etc. Eventually the old locked birthday threads will be at the end of the message board and but still not bothering anyone. And their wealth of ideas will still be there for us to use as a starting point for the current birthday.

If you want it shoot me a PM and it shall be done. As I have said plenty of times if you have suggestions you just need to PM me and tell me.

There is 1 thing I dont [sic]  tolerate and that is flaming of other users, it is not acceptable under any circumstance.

Now here is where we have both an agreement and a mis understanding.

I agree that name calling and character assassinations get us no where. They aren't appreciated nor appropriate.

However, sometimes something is said because the writer feels she/he was not heard the first time or two she/he asked about something. Then they re-word it in stronger words and, instead of answering, the message is deleted and they are accused of 'flaming' with no explanation. Now, is that fair?

Just my comments.

Persistent Peggy from Porcupine

psych9

[60]May 8, 2006
    • level: 5

teespoon wrote:
    I'm sick of seeing you old ladies being rude all the time, you disappoint me! 

If "old ladies" doesn't represent "flaming", I don't know what does!  And, I'm not laughing!