JAG Forums

CBS (ended 2005)

What happened between Mac and Brumby?

Hal1b3r

[1]May 1, 2008
    • level: 5

Unfortunately, we don't get repeats here in the UK. Indeed, I don't remember this show being aired. But I bought the box sets after reading lots of positive things about the show on various boards. I am up to season 5 - season 6 is being released here next month. I am curious about what happened to Mac's relationship with Mick Brumby. The last thing I saw suggested they were getting married. Did they make it to the altar? If not, why not?

Thanks

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

pjks1955

[2]May 1, 2008
    • level: 1
    Mick realized that Mac was not as committed to the relationship as he was and decided to go back to Australia.
    As a side note, I did not know until his last episode,(they had a small tribute to him) that he actually passed away in 2003.

jolec

[3]Jul 18, 2008
    • level: 7

Mac and Brumby got fianced..(is that "correct"?) but something happened during the party and then just before wedding....do you want me to say it on the board or did you see the epi?

sallenj

[4]Aug 26, 2008
    • level: 16
    I think the correct term is "affianced." Most people just say "engaged' and leave it at that.

dbanion

[5]May 26, 2009

Where any of you guys aware that brumby actually cheated on mac after he proposed to her. Check out the episode 'the whitches of gulfport'. brumby amd mac have 2 phone conversations. in the second conversation. as brumby concludes the phone call to mac, a red head walks up to him. as she approaches mic ends the phone call quickly. we see mac hang up looking thoughtfully. next we see brumby tuen and say he'd been waiting 30 minutes for her. he then smiles smuggly before kissing nher for a few seconds. the red head asks who brumby was talking to on the phone. he says smuggly' just my mistress'.

i suspected this of brumby and must have missed this episode when it first aired. i wish she had found out and stuck that ring he gave her up his nose. can you imagine what would have happed if harm had found out? he'd have killed brumby. pity he never did. i'd be interested to see if there are more of these dirty secrets brumkby kept from mac.

cheers.

Kojot_pg

[6]May 26, 2009
    • level: 7
    Brumby wasn't cheating on Mac ... he was on an undercover assignment The woman he kissed illegally sold weapons (to foreign countries if i remember correctly) And i think he actually told her that some time near the end of the episode

dbanion

[7]Jul 2, 2009
    No offense Kojot, but actually he was. If you watch that episode, it mirrored the both of them undercover. Mac was totally loyal. merker tried to come on to her, he wanted to sleep with her, she refused him. Yet, when we see brumby, he readily kisses that woman, he probably slept with her as well. The point is, she was loyal, even undercover, he wasn't. I don't know if you know Mac very well, but she is very big on her men being loyal. Just look at dalton lowen, and clayton webb. If she really knew what brumby had done, he'd have been history. The guy was always sneaky, he never would have told her the truth. he never treated mac with anywhere near enough respect, the respect that she deserved. I suspect that we never knew the whole story with brumby. i think he got away with tonnes of things we never saw, yest when it finally ended between him and mac, he dumps her!! Ok, she was never really honest with him about her feelings, but still..

Another little question from the 'gulfport' episode. When merker looks at macs ring, he says 'there is a man, you want to be with him, but you can't' Who do you think he was referring to, or who in macs head was that reference meant for? Harm or Mic? Both have valid cases. Just another little mystery DPB left us with...lol (PS: i think the reference was for harm, but then again i always was a shipper...lol)

Peggy_Porcupine

[8]Jan 26, 2010
    • level: 13
    As an Alumni of this board from 'way back' I decided to pop in to see what was happening. Wow - such interesting discussion. I have forwarded the last 3 messages to my buddies on our own forum and will try to get back to all of you the comment, etc. Your discussion brought back memories - pleasant memories - of the original tv.com - the forerunner - where we discussed each JAG episode at length - when they were 'fresh'!

iowastate

[9]Mar 8, 2012
    • level: 10

Trevor Goddard was English, from Croyden but in American shows played Australian parts and claimed to be an Aussie.

he was going through a divorce in real life and while suicide was suspected the coroner decided he probably died of an accidental drug overdose from mixing temezepam, vicodin, heroin, and cocaine.

also it is interesting to note that 'brumbie' is the Australian term for a wild horse and the Brumbies are the University of Canberra Rugby Union squad