JAG

Second Sight

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Apr 27, 1999 on CBS

• I'd say it's the saddest episode of the series, yet one of the best! A must-watch for any hard-core fan! ;)

Mac is told that her father is dying, and he wants her and her mother to come and see him at the hospice. She really doesn't want to go, but Harm (who is about to under-go laser eye surgery), tells her that she should. When she does go, she can't seem to get her feelings together, and it has some not-so-nice results. She meets her mother, who only came to see her, and doesn't give a care about her father. When a priest that works there informs her that her dad is just barely there, and that it's time, she goes and gets mom,she won't even go into the room. Her father does die, and she remains rather calm, like we would expect her to do, but then she goes outsideto talk to her mom, and she falls apart. Through her tears, she talks with her mom, and begins to find that all of her anger all of these years was musdirected. Her father was a confused drunk, but he still tried to love her the best that he could. Meanwhile, it was her mother who ran away and abandoned her. It was her mother who didn't speak to her for about 17 years. However, she has now learned to forgive, and immediatley forgives her mother. She also forgives herself. During the episode, Harm learns that the night-blindness was a misdiagnoses, and that he has scars on his retna, causing night-blindness type symptoms. He has laser surgery to correct it, and now he can fly again! This was great episode! I actually near about cried when Mac comes out of the hospice and colapses in tears, and I have never, ever, EVER cried in a T.V. show or movie before.