JAG

The Four Percent Solution

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Dec 17, 2004 on CBS

• Wonderfully subtle psychological insights

Wonderfully subtle psychological insights about romantic relationships.

The therapy session between Mac and Lt. Commander McCool, the Navy shrink, was some of the best writing ever broadcast on commercial television, and rivals the therapy sessions between Tony Soprano and Dr. Melfi in "The Sopranos."

It was so much better than the episodes excusing the murder of non-combatants in foreign nations as "collateral damage."
  • this is why i exist.... to see my show. JAG!

this episode was exactly why i see this series. i hate the fact that mac got into a accident but what better way to get mac and harm together. i always wish more would happen in each episode i watch, but im nor the writer or director. the part where she whispers harm's name over and over again. she can't even know what just happened to her she was in a head-on collision with a tree... she should'nt have ("lived" technically). all that and she some how still is able to remember and repeat harm's name. i wish they would of got together alot sooner than the series finale..:(
  • It was perfect. One of my favorite episodes.

Although this show has been off the air for several years now I just saw this episode for the first time today as a USA network re-run. I absolutely loved it. The flashbacks of Mac's session with the therapist made me cry, especially when she was speaking about Harriett's pregnancy and her disappointment about her own infertility. The title of the episode had me wondering before I watched it but it was perfectly chosen. However, I must say I was disappointed by the following episode because I thought this one was so pivotal and the next one didn't pick up there.