JAG

The Return of Jimmy Blackhorse

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Apr 28, 1998 on CBS

• This is a fabulous episode. A few years ago I did a research paper in my history class over the “code talkers.” Honestly, until I had done the paper I never even heard of the “code talkers.” My grandmother had never heard of them until I told her.

During WW2, Japan and the US were intercepting each others transitions and being unable to pull off a surprise attack on the other. Until the US learned that the Navajos language was truly unique. They were able to take existing words and combine them to make new words. The Navajos created their own dictionary so that each one would know what was being said. The Japanese were unable to interpret the US transitions. However, like the African Americans the Navajos were not honored for their work they were just sent back home. Today, the US is continuously trying to correct their mistakes and show these fallen soldiers honor. It’s better late, than never!

This is a great history lesson to show young people that never knew of these great men.
    Oh, the chocolate cigar was awesome. It is a way to help the commander with his addiction to cigars. However, he might get addicted to chocolate.