Jake 2.0 Forums

UPN (ended 2003)

Chuck vs. Jake 2.0

Which do you like better?

trap285

[1]Oct 16, 2007
    • level: 4
    I swear, if Chuck gets picked up for a whole season...or last longer than 16 episodes, I am going to petition someone to resurrect Jake 2.0.  
    The entire cast isn't doing anything including Marina Black, who mysteriously disappeared half way through the run.  I think Jake 2.0 was a better concieved, better acted, and better written show.  Additionally, Christopher Gorham is a much more appealing male lead than Zachary Levi who plays a Stanford-educated nerd as a 12 year old who has discovered girls for the first time...pathetic!
    We can just steal Gorham from Ugly Betty and revive this one-season wonder!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

supernatural794

[2]Nov 18, 2007
    • level: 6
    trap285 wrote:
    I swear, if Chuck gets picked up for a whole season...or last longer than 16 episodes, I am going to petition someone to resurrect Jake 2.0.
    The entire cast isn't doing anything including Marina Black, who mysteriously disappeared half way through the run. I think Jake 2.0 was a better concieved, better acted, and better written show. Additionally, Christopher Gorham is a much more appealing male lead than Zachary Levi who plays a Stanford-educated nerd as a 12 year old who has discovered girls for the first time...pathetic!
    We can just steal Gorham from Ugly Betty and revive this one-season wonder!

I agree with you 100%. Jake 2.0 was way more interesting than Chuck. Plus the acting was awesome. If they make a whole season out of Chuck I am gonna be so mad.

Simallyher

[3]Nov 27, 2007
    • level: 3
    I really like both shows, my favorite being Jake 2.0 atm, but I'm willing to give Chuck a chance. I've been watching it and it's not too bad, I just think I'll give it a chance before passing too big a judgment on the show. As for Jake 2.0 being axed, that was just wrong, the casting was terrific, the writing great and the dynamic was just starting to gain momentum when they just stopped. Right there in the middle of a freaking plot arc! Not happy!

Petition away, but I doubt they'll resurrect the show. We're just not that lucky, but maybe if Chuck goes really well they might consider it.

12chris6

[4]Mar 20, 2008
    • level: 18
    I like Jake 2.0 better, but Chuck is good too. The difference is that Chuck is a lot funnier because unlike Jake, Chuck is a loser that can't defend himself when there's a crisis.

jxsilicon9

[5]Mar 14, 2009
    • level: 10
    Chuck is more slapstick and Jake 2.0 is more serious. It depends if you want a more serous spy drama. Or a slapstick comedy type spy show.

MarcelS1

[6]Dec 25, 2009
    • level: 3
    Like 'em both but Jake slightly more.

NickBurnside

[7]Mar 1, 2010
    • level: 2

After a little over 2 seasons of Chuck Id say Chuck

While I havnt sen much Jake 2.0 I think chuck just has more charm

I do want Jake 2.0 on DVD so I can see it from beginning to end

tvgirl17

[8]May 16, 2010
    • level: 15

I love them both, but Chuck moreso because it had more time to develop. If Jake 2.0 had had the episodes it deserved, I might have said Jake for sure. But we just don't know how Jake would have turned out in the long run. I'm just thankful we had both shows. (I'd be more thankful if we got a DVD, but what can you do....)

amolchan001

[9]Jun 28, 2010
    • level: 8

Like them both but definitely wish that Jake 2.0 would have been given at least a full season,perferably several more seasons.

almo3333

[10]Aug 26, 2010
    • level: 1

At least finish the first season of Jake 2.0

I feel so lost sad and confused with it just ending like that, I want more more more!!!

i have seen seasons 1-3 of chuck and only 16 episodes of Jake - Jake 2.0 being my favourite!!

:'( Does jake die... does he get together with the blonde girl or his doctor... i want to know )': i wish i knew that is didn't finish then i would have known not to watch it ...

Bring Back Jake 2.0!!!!!!!!!! Please...

Btw They are making Chuck Season 4 for all those chuck fans.. just with they had done episode 17 of Jake 2.0

antdude

[11]Jul 28, 2013
    • level: 28
    I watched both series. I like Chuck more.