Jake 2.0 Forums

UPN (ended 2003)

It's Baaack... I hope :D

matt_m_1998

[1]Jan 2, 2007
    • level: 4
    So Im looking up Eureka on sci fi and what pops up on the main screen... Jake 2.0 three episodes on friday jan 5th
    Maybe if it does well on Sci-Fi they might consider bringing the show back... I know it's been a couple years since they last aired it but maybe it'll pull a family guy or something ya never know.  
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SweetPeaSurry

[2]Jan 5, 2007
    • level: 24
    It would be great if it came back ... I'm trying to find out more information about it ... to see if it's going to be continuing ... but I don't think it really is.

walrus_8463

[3]Jan 6, 2007
    • level: 59
    Jake 2.0 has started showing on the Scifi Channel on Fridays from 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM. This was my first time seeing it and I liked it. Too bad it didn't last long.
    Edited on 01/08/2007 3:20pm

tvgirl17

[4]Jan 7, 2007
    • level: 15
    I watched it Friday night on Sci Fi for the first time. My newspaper recommended it, and it looked like something I'd be interested in (Some shows I like are Heroes, Supernatural, Dark Angel). I was hooked. I also watched an episode on HDNet. Then I find out it was cancelled! But I still had a sliver of hope maybe just maybe it would come back. Then I see the date it premiered. 2003! I was crushed. And angry. I mean, what else did UPN have that was so great at the time? Anyway...now I'm totally addicted am so depressed that it didn't even finish its season and isn't on DVD.

Gislef

[5]Jan 8, 2007
    • level: 100
    It's showing on Fridays from 8-11 eastern.

As editor I'll continue to update the pages as I rewatch the episodes--I entered recaps for the first two episodes and will get "Cater Waiter" today. Remember to submit new, interesting, and appropriate stuff as you see it.

Hopefully SciFi will show all the episodes, including the unaired ones. Unfortunately, SciFi's record for dropping this kind of block programming has been spotty in the past (when was the last time you saw Cleopatra 2525?). But their recent block-programming of Dark Angel and Dead Like Me has been pretty solid... but those shows have more episodes, too. We'll see.

lilwinrock

[6]Jan 20, 2007
    • level: 12

There were only 16 episodes filmed and it looks as if the SciFi Channel will air them all according to the onsite schedule.  Here is a link to the synopsis.    http://www.scifi.com/jake2.0/episodes/

JavaJunkie4Life

[7]Jan 21, 2007
    • level: 25
    I saw Jake 2.0 for the first time two days ago and I really really liked it. So I decided to look it up here on tv.com and i saw that it had ended. IN 2003! WITH ONLY 13 EPISODES HAVING BEEN AIRED! WTF?! This show is wicked awesome. It was cancelled why?

twitch283

[8]May 18, 2007
    • level: 10
    JavaJunkie4Life wrote:
    This show is wicked awesome. It was cancelled why?
    For one, the show had trouble finding its legs. The first four episodes were a little shaky, but it had straightened itself out by episode 5 "The Good, the Bad, and the Geeky." However I think the real reason is that the show was ahead of its time. Nanotechnology may be old hat to us geeks, but the public at large may have a harder time believing that concept. If they could get the same actors, I think the show would fair better now-a-days, in a low-profile time slot. Of course I also think the same thing about Dark Angel

taluna

[9]May 18, 2007
    • level: 5
    i hope so, hope soon. It was really good and i enjoyed very much. there isn't that good sci-fi shows...
    taluna

SmonkAnna

[10]Jun 24, 2007
    • level: 13
    It would be so nice if they could bring Jake back. Do any of you know if a cancelled show ever has been renewed after many years? The only one I can think of is Doctor Who.

tolkien3791

[11]Jun 27, 2007
    • level: 7
    I enjoyed the show. It odd that most of us did not hear about it till recently when it went to Sci Fi channel. But I don;t think it will be renewed it has been to many years since it was canceled. I will keep watching the reruns just like I did for John Doe

Charlie183

[12]Jul 17, 2007
    • level: 17

i loved the show... it was soooo great... but i don't think it will ever come back...

not just because of the network, but usually actors don't decide to go backwards into an old caracter... i mean i couldn't imagine that cristopher gorham does Jake again thaugh its a much better role than the caracter he plays in ugly betty (just my ! opinion)

i still can't understand why it was cancelled... but imagine, in germany it run only on sunday mornings!!! which show could survive that...

Heavenspr7ncess

[13]Aug 12, 2007
    • level: 10
    I just startet watching this show, and I love it, it's a mixture of Kyle XY and Alias to me, with Jake being a really cute nerd! He is like a Nerdy-Nanotech-James Bond . I would so love this series to continue....

123home123

[14]Sep 9, 2007
    • level: 55
    SmonkAnna wrote:
    It would be so nice if they could bring Jake back. Do any of you know if a cancelled show ever has been renewed after many years? The only one I can think of is Doctor Who.

The NBC detective show Hunter was renewed TWELVE years after it was initially canceled, although there were a couple well-received TV movies in the interim. Unfortunately the second running of Hunter didn't last very long, only a few episodes before NBC canceled it again.

alison_974

[15]Apr 27, 2008
    • level: 17
    i don't think it will be renewed... 5 years later the actors have moved on... all i'm hoping for now is a dvd release.
    doctor who wasn't really renewed... it was pretty much remade, even though they are continuing after the old seasons, but it's very different.
    the only show i can think of which has had its story continued after cancellation is firefly... let's hope for more i spose... but this show will never get any kind of continuation... shame, cos those last few episodes were when it started getting really good... same thing happened with the dresden files.

robesoka

[16]Aug 12, 2008

I watched a mini-marathon of this show on Sci-fi today. Really liked it, but when I went to go find out when it would be showing again or if I could watch the DVD's to catch up only to find out the show started and was cancelled in 2003! Okay, I am a bit behind the times on this show. Too bad for the short life of the show. I really enjoyed it. I hope a DVD comes out as I didn't see the first four episodes, or the last few as the marathon started with the middle episodes.

Siktech101

[17]May 8, 2009
    • level: 5
    i still to this day can't understand why they canceled jake 2.0. Hey theres still hope that they may start it back up one can only hope!!

Barnhurst

[18]Aug 26, 2010
    • level: 1

Just finished watching all of the Season 1 on Freesat CBS Action.

Did they only commit to one series or did they do any more?

per4mer4life

[19]Aug 29, 2010
    if you like Jake 2.o you should watch Covert Affairs.Christopher Gorham who played jake is one of the main characters.ironcly he's a tech person.he works for the cia and he's blind.its on tuesdays on the USA network.